• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, here (CA) they had a big "reopening" thing but everybody except 1-2 people that you'd expect still have masks everywhere we go.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's how I feel.

In Omaha, where I am on business, no one's wearing a mask. In DC, where I live, it's trending that way, although I think it's still required in stores. I basically just go with the flow. I don't mind putting one on, and I always keep one in my pocket, but I'm not going to actively wear a mask (especially outside) now that I've been fully vaccinated for months.
Yup that's me too. I'll keep a mask in my pocket just in case someone asks that I put one on I will, its not a big deal. I'm on vacation right now and the city I am in has more people wearing masks than where I am from so I have my family pack masks just in case, I don't want to stress anyone out that is forced to enforce mask wearing rules.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Only at Costco and the grocery and it's like 2/3 and dropping fast.

Austin suburbs.

In our defense our fully vaccinated rate is like 54% and first dose 70%>. If we were like rural Texas I wouldn't be out much and wear masks everywhere.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Its starting to get rare seeing folks in masks here in Fl. I prefer to keep mine indoors.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I went to two grocery stores here in LA on Monday and everyone inside was still wearing them. Most people at Home Depot too

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Melbourne Australia.

People are wearing masks. A very, very small minority are screeching on the internet that we shouldn't.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, basically everyone in SF is still wearing them, even though nowhere requires them anymore. People in the Bay Area need to signal some kind of virtue, at all times.

I'm about as left as they come but it's frankly kinda ridiculous around here at times lol

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
At this point if you're a business that still requires a mask I probably wouldn't be able to come in because I rarely remember to take my mask with me anymore. Funny how something you've been doing for a year straight can be dropped so quickly.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in NYC and live in a mostly white neighborhood. I was out voting today and I saw quite a few people still wearing masks.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm living in McMinnville, Oregon (a town with about 30k people an hour outside of Portland) - mask compliance is still 100% in places that require them, but more like 50% in places that don't.

Yup, basically everyone in SF is still wearing them, even though nowhere requires them anymore. People in the Bay Area need to signal some kind of virtue, at all times.

I'm about as left as they come but it's frankly kinda ridiculous around here at times lol

Yep - people have outright said that they continue to mask because they don't want others to think they're anti-mask Trump supporters. That would have been a valid position to hold a few months ago, but pretty much applies nowhere anymore.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I still wear a mask and gloves at stores with lots of people, like Target or the grocery store. People in MA are pretty good about this stuff, but I have a son who is under 12, so I'm being extra careful.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Mask wearing?
Its-over.gif

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
For the most part, no. You still see them around, but it's like under 10% now. Here in Tallahassee, Florida.

People were really good about wearing them. You rarely ever saw anyone without a mask here.

Store and restaurant employees still wear them though.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This might just be anecdotal but children wearing masks at schools has really cut down on flu and cold cases in my district. There are some net positives in other places aside from covid,

Oct 30, 2017
Was in San Diego this weekend. The overwhelming bulk of tourists in the area weren't wearing them at all, inside or out. Most shops and restaurants still had most employees wearing them.

A lot of local stores I haven't seen any change. All the Japanese supermarkets it's been nearly 100% still masked.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Last time I went to the store here in South Florida about a week ago, it was a pretty even mix of people wearing masks and people not wearing masks.

I wore mine even though I'm vaccinated since I didn't know whether or not the store still required you to wear a mask. Turns out their policy is 'you don't need to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated' but I still kept mine on cuz I didn't really have any place to put it if I took it off.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Depends. Just about everywhere around me is optional for fully vaxxed, but as of last week it's still a lot of people wearing them.

Target and Wegmans when shopping last week? Probably 95% with masks.

Going to a brewery to celebrate my first father's day with my brother the other day? 95% without masks all crammed in line at pretty much full capacity.

Takeout at a local Japanese restaurant? Masks required.

I'll be going to Target tomorrow, so I'll see how it is then.

Edit: Just went grocery shopping at Target. Less people with masks as the weeks go on, and guessing around 70% of shoppers there still wearing them.

Last edited:

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I still see some people but most are just wearing it on their arms to not forget it when they have to go indoors.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it's getting closer to 50/50. I think I'm at a point where I'm just gonna start going without unless there's a sign saying they're required. I've been fully vaccinated for over a month and a half now.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Id say mixed, but leaning towards less people with masks on. I live in a very republican area of california and a lot of people werent wearing them even when supposed to. But I am seeing less and less every day. I think we are only at 40 something % fully vaccinated

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Vaccinated, but I still wear mine here in Indiana. People give me looks and tell me I don't have to (multiple times). I politely say thanks for the info and move on (while still wearing my mask).

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many times do you think you've had to tell everyone this lately
Often on ERA, because if you go even remotely against the grain here or are even a centimeter right of Karl Marx you're accused of being a Trump supporter.
Yep - people have outright said that they continue to mask because they don't want others to think they're anti-mask Trump supporters. That would have been a valid position to hold a few months ago, but pretty much applies nowhere anymore.
Yup, and I get it, this was also me before the mask order was fully lifted. Now that its lifted and I've been fully vaccinated for over a month, I don't see the logic. Ironically, SF is probably one of the most vaccinated places in the world, and yet I still see 95% of people wearing masks in stores.
This might just be anecdotal but children wearing masks at schools has really cut down on flu and cold cases in my district. There are some net positives in other places aside from covid,
For sure. Even with those benefits, the sheer number of people wearing masks here in plain summer somewhat defies logic.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Most people in NYC are still wearing masks. Required on public transportation so unless you're walking everywhere you need it. Also many stores require masks still. Which is fine by me since I have a toddler and a newborn. I'm just grateful that the vaccination rate around here is pretty high.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still wearing mine while going to stores until the end of july. still seeing lots of people wearing them where i'm at.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Not many, no.
I was disappointed by how few people I saw wearing masks at all on the way to get my first vaccine shot recently, including people entering/leaving enclosed spaces like small stores.
That is despite a spike in cases of the delta variant in the area being the reason we were offered it earlier than planned.

I think a lot of people don't care about wearing masks outside any more, and many old people seem to think that now they're vaccinated they don't have to wear one.
Risks are lower once you're vaccinated, sure, but there is still the risk of strains some vaccines are less effective against, and asymptomatic transmission.

Dopsi

Oct 30, 2017
Portland area and I think 90%+ of the people are still wearing masks everywhere ive been.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
For sure. Even with those benefits, the sheer number of people wearing masks here in plain summer somewhat defies logic.

The real question is, for those fully vaccinated people who don't have obvious overriding factors -- like living with unvaccinated relatives, which is perfectly understandable -- when exactly are they going to stop?

Frankly, I'll never harass anyone for wearing one, and I hope masks make a resurgence on public transportation during flu season, but I just wonder at the decision calculus. Is it when the region hits a certain vaccination rate? When certain experts say it's OK?

mddover

Jan 9, 2019
Just north of Chicago in a very liberal town - people still mostly wear masks indoors, but it feels like things are changing quickly. For instance, I was at the drug store earlier this week and a majority of the staff were unmasked. I only leave my apartment once or twice a week these days, but every time I do I definitely notice that fewer and fewer people are wearing masks.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'm living in McMinnville, Oregon (a town with about 30k people an hour outside of Portland) - mask compliance is still 100% in places that require them, but more like 50% in places that don't.

At least 55% (nationwide average) should be wearing still. Bit too early to be calling people out for virtue signaling...

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Louisville was pretty good about masks until the order was rescinded about a week ago. The masks disappeared about two days later.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I pass two assisted living locations on way to grocery store so I try to wear it and in stores. everyone in stores near me wears them so I will when going into stores and around large groups of strangers.

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Masks are still mandatory where I live. We're at about 75% of the population having gotten their first dose, and 15% with the second dose.
I just got my first dose on the 17th.