• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you playing it on the Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 122 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,476 92.4%

• Total voters

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Played nearly an entire match today where the characters and weapons never loaded in. We were all orange orbs firing at each other and trying to push a payload.

Think I'm done with this version.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
When you say lag do you mean latency of the matches are just the game feeling laggy overall? I only played some training and one match but the aim felt super sluggish to me both with aim smoothing turned to 100 or 0 using a pro controller. Is this a docked only thing or what?
Yeah, I hesitate to describe it as lag but don't know how else to accurately represent it. It feels very sluggish/muddy to me in docked. Whereas in handheld it's very snappy. When I first fired it up (docked) I thought to myself there was no way I could play it and get any amount of enjoyment and was pretty bummed till I tried it handheld and got a completely different impression.

Give it a shot maybe you'll feel the same way.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I literally forgot how to play OW on PS4 after using gyro controls on Switch for a few days.

It improves the game sooo muchh!

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Is it good then? I'm really tempted...
Absolutely, it's a game changer in my opinion. Ability to use gyro controls and finer aiming outweighs the 30fps "issue" which you will forget about after playing a few matches. Handheld visuals are the same as in docked mode, so the game also looks really beautiful while keeping all of the effects and physics.

I don't think you will be disappointed!

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Honestly I wasn't that interested in it in the first place because as a general guideline I try and avoid playing games that I have to pay for and then deal with lootboxes and the like. But Blizzard's Bootlicking and that by all accounts it's a mediocre port sealed the deal.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
1. It's 30fps
2. I have it on PS4 and PC
3. I let my Nintendo online sub lapse
And most importantly
4. Fuck Blizzard

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Absolutely, it's a game changer in my opinion. Ability to use gyro controls and finer aiming outweighs the 30fps "issue" which you will forget about after playing a few matches. Handheld visuals are the same as in docked mode, so the game also looks really beautiful while keeping all of the effects and physics.

I don't think you will be disappointed!
Thing is I heard in a review that recentering your reticle with gyro controls is a pain in the ass, that it's nothing like splatoon. Do you think it's not an issue?

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Is this a parody thread? Literally all anyone talks about on this forum is the switch. Even in non switch topic, or there's a switch topic for everything.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Thing is I heard in a review that recentering your reticle with gyro controls is a pain in the ass, that it's nothing like splatoon. Do you think it's not an issue?
Not at all, it seemed weird the first time I got into a match and after that I set L3 as a reset button, but I ended up never using it. It became natural for me to adjust it with analog sticks without even thinking about it and I really find the movement tracking more accurate in OW than Splatoon 2.

.hacked

Dec 10, 2017
Man game has changed a lot since I last played it (right around when hacker girl released). Feels bit more casual friendly on switch since the lack of voice chat I don't feel weird for not talking to team mates. Just won my 9th game and unlocked a Halloween skin for junkrat.

good port, playing in portable mode.

Aug 12, 2019
People drive me crazy with how they talk about this port (and half the Switch ports in general TBH). Like they're obviously not going to be the best versions of respective games and that's never what they were meant to be, but people have to have their performance moment of "Why would you play an inferior version of a product" when people that would be playing such ports don't care on the same level as they do. Overwatch on Switch was never going to be a competitive bastion, and there is plenty of fun to be had just playing Overwatch and not taking it super seriously. Turns out, people can enjoy a 30 FPS title just fine when they're being hyper competitive about it all the time. Turns out people like portability and comfort sometimes more than they enjoy the graphical powerhouse nature of a stronger console. Like seriously, 30 FPS may not be acceptable for you, but it's not some objective statement.

I also really shake my head at people holding up Paladins at 60 FPS like it doesn't make an absolute ton of sacrifices to get there that people would criticize Overwatch for just as much. Paladins can be inconsistent with it's frame rate, has other loading issues, and takes a really massive hit in its quality of visuals and resolution to get a "technically 60 FPS." I also shake my head when people seem to push the idea this should have crossplay... Have you all ever played Fortnite in crossplay against console players and especially PC players on Switch? It's absolutely awful having to deal with that. It's a nice convenient feature for some I admit, but it also could potentially cause more problems in the long run.

It's fine to be angry at Blizzard for their stance on Honk Kong and bowing down to China and it's fine to just not like Overwatch, but I feel like this port has been largely mangled by people who were never interested in it in the first place and want to take shots at Blizzard and all of their output right now as opposed to talking about its actual quality and content.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So a patch went up for this which according to some early reddit impressions makes the game have less framerate drops, uses higher quality textures, and fixes some bugs with invisible players.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I was set to buy and cover it but playing a video game means so little with everything else going on, I don't need it and don't want to support it.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Most people who had any interest in Overwatch would have already bought it on PS4/XB1 or PC. The main audience for Overwatch on Switch would therefore be people who only owned a Switch or people who played mostly on the go. I can't imagine that's a massive market.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I was ready to buy it (had the money put aside in advance), but I decided with their "no politics" policy re: human rights issues and aggressive enforcement of China's censorship policies, I want nothing to do with them. Their statements after-the-fact basically cemented it.
This. I have the same reason.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, they are gonna ignore all the success stories they have had so far and cancel all current ports/multiplattform development because Overwatch Switch isnt setting the world on fire.

lol

People have to realize that OW is late to the party on Switch and there are a bunch of f2p alternatives people are already invested in - most of them with cross-play and/or cross plattform support.

Not to mention that executives pay attention to things like controversies. They might not be aware of the actual opinion customers have on their games, but you can bet they know when a company has acquired a bit of a black cloud.