• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm an Aquarius.

Fun fact, Mikasa Ackerman is also an Aquarius.

source.gif
Are you saying I am doomed to have unhealthy attachments to certain people?

Oh, and pile-ons on a simple mistake still remains one of Era's ugliest traits.

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at the big dipper the other day and it told me I would get rich but still nothing. That bastard

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's no more crazy than religion. If someone finds peace with it and it gives them hope in their life then who really cares.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I can't deal with anyone who takes astrology seriously, it's not going to affect anything, because it's double speak that makes it easy to associate anything that happens to it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience, no, it's just fun to compare with people that you already know you're compatible with.

Honestly, I think it's funny how passionately angry some people get about people liking stuff like this.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking about astrology (not astronomy), like any belief that undermines science and reason, it's gateway to homeopathy, anti-vaxxers and global warming deniers. I do take it very seriously as it is very dangerous.
Yup. It's the same reason I never trust people who say shit like "I'm a ravenclaw". they really think that hogwarts exists and is just hidden from view, but wizards just like jk right books about it?

Red

Oct 26, 2017
We're all stupid creatures. We behave in stupid ways and we believe stupid things.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
My ex wanted to time having kids based on their astrology sign so they'd be easier to parent smh

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking about astrology (not astronomy), like any belief that undermines science and reason, it's a gateway to homeopathy, anti-vaxxers and global warming deniers. I do take it very seriously as it is very dangerous.
Can tell you from experience that this isn't always the case. It's possible to be casually into astrology and not also be profoundly ignorant as well. Humans are dynamic you know?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can tell you from experience that this isn't always the case. It's possible to be casually into astrology and not also be profoundly ignorant as well. Humans are dynamic you know?

I used to think that, and then I watched every older person I know who bought into that stuff spiral into Crazytown.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking about astrology (not astronomy), like any belief that undermines science and reason, it's a gateway to homeopathy, anti-vaxxers and global warming deniers. I do take it very seriously as it is very dangerous.
That's why I stick to the harmless science of phrenology and eugenics.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
When I was young I didn't understand the logic but now that I'm half dead I think it's cute. You gotta go through the entire arc of rejection and come back around to a quaint appreciation for the vapidity of silly things like this.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wow. This is quite a take. Correlation doesn't equal causation. I know plenty of people that are educated and in science fields that are anti-vaxxers. An unusual number of nurses are anti-vax (in central ohio) that I know.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, some famous assto-something told me I will be rich, successful, and such, 10 out of 10. Only my mom said I'm a failure and shit.

spoiler: I trust them, not my mom.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Of course it isn't always the case. I can tell you from experience there are also right-wing conservatives who are not bigots and there are soccer fans who don't like beer. Humans are dynamic you know? But, it doesn't matter how many exceptions there are, because it's about messaging. To me, this is like saying "it's just a joke" when someone says a slur or something - because humans are dynamic and all that. In a world where a growing number of people don't believe in global warming or refuse to vaccinate their children, you don't see a problem with this?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Astrology is fun for the socializing aspect. It's a nice icebreaker. And no it is not a gateway to anti-vaxxing or other shit. What the hell?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow. This is quite a take. Correlation doesn't equal causation. I know plenty of people that are educated and in science fields that are anti-vaxxers. An unusual number of nurses are anti-vax (in central ohio) that I know.

My mom is an RN. Most of her friends are RNs.
They're ALL anti-vax. They also all believe in astrology.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It said I was going to be offended today. Typical for an Aries.
But it also said I'll find love.
Again!

So I'm looking forward to that today. Not much time left though.....

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanna do my "I'm an Asparagus" joke, but I've already said it in another astrology thread so now I gotta wait a couple of years before I say it again. I was really proud of that joke though, pat myself on the back.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People don't like to follow their horoscopes when it gets too real.

ScZnyZH.jpg