• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
On keto I eat:

-eggs
-veggies
-chicken
-salmon
-coconut bread
-vegan cream cheese
-dairy free unsweetened yogurt

IF I want to indulge I'll buy a keto ice cream but that's pretty much it because otherwise I'll lose self control lol

but anyways, please don't assume all keto people are just clueless idiots who brag about eating deep fried bacon with cheese. Thank you!

That's good that you do keto in a healthy way, but my view wasn't based on an assumption. I have multiple friends and family who have done keto, all of whom ate pretty poorly.

During college I also worked in a metabolic lab and we partnered with a clinical endocrinology group for a year, so I worked with data on well over a hundred patients doing keto (names and personalized info were anonymized for me) and their daily dietary intake - well over 3/4 of them were replete with fried foods, heavy cheeses, cream, red meat, etc.

You seem to be doing it right though. And I've never heard of coconut bread but that sounds like something I may have to try.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I have a dietary thing that makes most fruit essentially incompatible with my system except for stuff like cantaloupe, various melons, and kiwi. Unfortunately out of those I only like cantaloupe and it's not always in season, so...

Before I was diagnosed I did eat a TON of apples, grapes, and strawberries though.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
No. I love fruit but most of it is stupid expensive in Japan. Bananas are about the only thing that are reasonably priced, so that's what I eat the most of, with an occasional apple. I also eat mandarins and Asian pears when they are in season, but only once or twice because of the cost. When I go to my in-law's place, they usually have strawberries for us. It's one of the worst things about Japan.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I eat sliced apples often. Usually as either a breakfast item or morning snack. Bananas are also quick and easy to eat. I eat grapes too, but I'm too picky about them and can't stand the seeds or whatever is inside the ones that claim to be seedless. I also can't stand any melon-type fruit like watermelon, papaya, and cantaloupe.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Today I had an orange, two small apples, dried apricots, and strawberries. And some orange juice.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they are. I've been making a smoothie every morning lately with some combo of milk along with blueberries, banana, apple or whatever. That's usually it for the day, though.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah a green apple every day at 5 pm. Sometimes I mix things up with a banana or maybe a mango during weekends.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I regularly eat apples, bananas, and oranges. Delicious, filling, and low calorie. Strawberries are also amazing in terms of volume vs calories.

Mar 3, 2018
Yeah, I eat one banana and an orange a day usually. And usually I have a bit of greek yogurt as a snack mixed with some raspberries/blueberries/blackberries. That's usually my go to fruit in a daily basis. I try to mix in mangoes and pineapples a few times a week but can't do stuff that's too sweet the flavour can get a little much. I def need to expand my fruit selection tho.

Aug 4, 2020
Usually a banana in the morning and some form of apples, blueberries and clementines throughout the day. Watermelon during the summer.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I have this weird thing where if I bite into an apple or peach, my gums feel like their burning. But if it's juice or pie, it's completely fine.

does it seem seasonal? In spring and summer I find fresh fruit and vegetables can cause lip swelling and itchiness for me, or a weird throat feeling. I haven't gone to see a doctor about it, but I intend to this year. Just to see what's up, if anything.

i came across this and a few other sites that go into it, since it was frustrating me. But I dunno.

www.aaaai.org

Oral allergy syndrome (OAS) | AAAAI

Understanding the relationship between outdoor and food allergies written and reviewed by the leading experts in allergy, asthma and immunology.

Last edited:

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
No. I love fruit but most of it is stupid expensive in Japan. Bananas are about the only thing that are reasonably priced, so that's what I eat the most of, with an occasional apple. I also eat mandarins and Asian pears when they are in season, but only once or twice because of the cost.

Sadly this. I'm not a huge fan of bananas either. Prunes are probably the fruit I eat most since I can buy big bags of them at Costco.