• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that on Doomguy's shelf there's a book named "2 Prey or Not 2 Prey"
Now ofcourse it might just be reference to Prey, but I think this pretty much confirms a Prey 2 is in development. LET'S GO!
unknown.png

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's also a HL reference on that shelf

"Mesa Science Monthly: Predicting Unforeseen Consequences"

Retrosmith

Mar 2, 2020
That book title also fits Doomguys character and the religious themes, to change pray to prey, but who knows? I would love a new Prey from Arkane.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
You make a big deal about a reference that I am unsure is meant to be a sequel tease and haven't noticed yet that Markiplier's dad is immortalized through the first book's title?

Figures.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
feels like its just an easter egg

especially since there are 2 Prey's already, to me sounds like a joke referencing that

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it, they're just a bunch of books with various half-assed literary references mixed with Bethesda IP references

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible, but then they are making hints at so many games from id Software, Bethesda, and even Epic Games and others while they're at it. I don't see it as a direct callback to the fact a new Prey is being made, because they also hint at a new Quake, Fallout, Commander Keen or Rage then.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
It's probably an easter-egg, but I would love to see Human Head Studios delivering their own original vision of Prey 2. They were aquired by Bethesda after all, so who knows, maybe there is a chance.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is quite the opposite, given the huge amount of trouble that both Prey 1 (2006) and 2 encountered during production. There is also a Daikatana book there, and I'm sure that isn't being teased (though I do have a soft spot for that game).

It is just games that the original id employees went on to help develop. Tom Hall, John Romero, etc.

Jan 15, 2018
I'd imagine it's more of a dig at Bethesda on the whole Prey 2 fiasco. All the easter eggs on the bookshelf are pretty neat.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it's just a bunch of references to games made by Bethesda studios.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is Bloodborne 2 confirmed in Deracine all over again.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Seems unlikely given Prey's poor sales performance. Don't see a straight sequel; maybe something more GaaS oriented if anything.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
It is just an easter egg.

Hopefully they do release Prey 2 though. That game looked awesome and I am mad Bethesda pulled that shit with HH. Now that they ironically own them, I hope they end up releasing it along with a port of the original.