• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you made up your mind?

• Yes, Xbox

Votes: 440 11.7%
  • Yes, PS5

Votes: 1,837 48.8%
  • No, still waiting

Votes: 326 8.7%
  • Not getting either at launch

Votes: 836 22.2%
  • Getting both at launch

Votes: 328 8.7%

• Total voters

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Halo holds me hostage to Xbox, although I am more invested in Sony's ecosystem. I will eventually own both but I'm not sure if I want or need either at launch. If Halo Infinite looks and runs fine on Xbox One, I can live with the old hardware for a while. They both might price me out anyway.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Fable is probably my favorite IP ever (I know it's not officially confirmed but...).
Both Forza Horizon and Motorsport are by far my favorite franchises in one of my favorite genres.
And I love WRPGs so Obsidian and InXile are certainly going to make me happy in the years to come.

Add Halo Infinite which makes me very curious and cautiously optimistic, and more importantly add Game Pass which was a true game changer for me since 2017, and I'm done.
In another life I would probably get both consoles at launch, but realistically I'll stick with Xbox, day one.

Microsoft needs original IP that isn't Gears, Forza, or HALO.

God, their conference cannot come soon enough for this meme to die already.
No offense, I agree with the rest of your post. But this Gears-Forza-Halo criticism is really tiring (and is factually wrong for a few years now).

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I was firmly in the camp of not getting either and sticking with my gaming PC, especially with XBOX putting first party games on PC Gamepass, but the pull of the Sony's first party output means I'm getting one day one.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a PC, so I don't need an Xbox.

PS5 will probably be a first year or so purchase, I see no reason to rush out and get one at launch.

Deleted member 73264

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 28, 2020
My PC is probably faster than the Series X, and MS has committed to releasing all their first-party titles on PC, so I don't really have a reason to get one.

I'll be getting a PS5 for the exclusives, assuming they have enough to interest me.

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been stocking up Microsoft Rewards points, gift cards, and game pass cards as they go on sale, so I'll be picking up the XSX without any out of pocket expenses. I definitely intend to get a PS5 but the timing depends on launch games and price, of course. Hopefully the world will be in a less shitty place by the time the consoles come out and I'll be able to grab both at launch.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
I think neither side has done enough (yet) to convince users to leave the eco-system they are on. I'm locked into the Xbox ecosystem (live, Gamepass, Xcloud?) so I can't see myself switching my main console any time soon.

I'm sure it's pretty much the same for PlayStation users. It's hard to make that switch

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
On the fence on getting both at launch.
Def getting a Ps5 waiting to see if I should jump on an Xbox right away and have both or just wait for it.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ampere this year.
If the Series S is cheap then that too.

Gamepass is too much of a deal for me to pass up.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been stocking up Microsoft Rewards points, gift cards, and game pass cards as they go on sale, so I'll be picking up the XSX without any out of pocket expenses. I definitely intend to get a PS5 but the timing depends on launch games and price, of course. Hopefully the world will be in a less shitty place by the time the consoles come out and I'll be able to grab both at launch.

Do the gift cards not have a 90 day spending limit?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
95% of my gaming is online multiplayer, all of my friends are on xbox and only xbox. Getting an XSX at launch and I really doubt I will have any regrets with how things are looking now.

I haven't had a playstation since the PS2 and do not see a reason to change that anytime soon.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
MS still has a lot to prove for me before I ever invest in an Xbox. They failed to consistently put out quality first party games this whole gen and the gen prior they started off incredibly and then shat the bed when they started chasing the Kinect fad.
Buying up new studios is nice and all but we've yet to meaningfully see the fruit of those endeavours at all.

PS5 is a blind buy. There's nothing really to consider. I'm there day one.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Ampere this year.
If the Series S is cheap then that too.

Gamepass is too much of a deal for me to pass up.
On that note, I think it's time for me to stock up on my Gamepass subscription. I can see MS increasing the price when they'll gain a substantial amount of new users joining the platform with Series X/Halo Infinite day 1 at Gamepass combo

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I am very open, being an owner of both PS4 Pro and Xbox One X plus PC. Sony has shown the goods, Microsoft hasn't. My opinion can still change though.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Nope.

Have you seen just this last year with FF7 remake, TLoU and Tsushima?

Why would I bet against Sony, if I only have money (or time) for 1 console?

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was thinking PS5 at first but I don't care about Sony exclusives. Plus now that I have a new fancy tv I want to get the most out of 4K so I'm definitely going Xbox since it's going to have a big power advantage. I'll get a PS5 later down the line when/if it starts getting Japanese 3rd party exclusives.

I hope MS delivers with their event in a few weeks.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I voted yes, ps5 but there is a slim chance that Sony could f up as bad as ms did last gen and my decision will flip.
I was 360 primary last gen and fully expected to go Xbox as primary system this gen. I even had friends working with MS at the time and vested professional interest in going that route.
after seeing ps4 price and seeing MS's message and strategy, I just couldn't anymore. Kinect and focus not on games which I was getting burned on already over the last Two years of 360 life pushed me to chose ps4. Glad I did too because it's been a fantastic system.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I got a pretty decent PC. I might upgrade the video card the beginning of next year. So I will definitely be getting a PS5 first. That is if MS continues play anywhere and GamePass for PC next gen.

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do the gift cards not have a 90 day spending limit?

Yes, the ones that you get through points do have that limit, so I'm still sitting on my points and have about $200 worth. I also got MS gift cards at reduced rates throughout the past year from Costco and Dell and the like. Gift cards you buy with actual money can't actually legally expire, I believe. Buying them like that only saves like $10 per $100 card but every bit helps, and not spending it all at once is easier to swallow. All told, I have $600 in cards and expect to have $350 in points so I should be set even if it's very pricey. I hope it's cheaper so I can put those cards towards games and one of those SSDs.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No, because the only system I will be getting is a PS5. Whether or not it's at launch is predicated on Demon's Souls being a launch title. If it's not, I'll just wait until it's released.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly torn not on which console, as that is obviously ps5 for me from a games standpoint, but after being a day one guy almost my whole life for console generations, this might be the first I have to sit out for a long time. Games are just becoming too expensive. I have so many priorities that need dollars that it gets increasingly hard to justify.

And although I say PS5 easily, it's something like game pass where I see my future gaming taking place...just not yet. I hope Sony catches up to MS on that front.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely getting both unless they're both like $600. I have a PC but I'm not interested in using the Xbox app and since it would mainly be to play Halo/Gears, PC isn't really an option. There is crossplay, but everyone pretty much disables it. Couldn't play Gears ranked online and had to stick to unranked, and even then it would take me about 5 minutes to find a match.

macapes

Nov 19, 2019
United Kingdom
I apparently am the outsider.

Had a PS4 from launch, own two of them currently. Have played the big exclusives; GoW, U4, HZD, Spiderman, etc but am not yet sold on the PS5. I feel the quality of most of the first party Sony stuff, but I rarely love the games enough to do more than play through and sell on. And I don't get on with the SoulsBorne stuff at all.

Gamepass and MS Flight Sim has me interested in the Xbox for the first time since the 360.

I should just build a PC, but can't be bothered to have a second WIndows box in the house or mess around with getting it to work, with a pad, on my TV from the other end of the house over terrible WiFi and still get owned by M&K people. Plus the cheaters.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
OG Xbox was the last time I enjoyed an MS console and the PS4 library was super underwhelming, so neither.

Buuuuuuuuut if MS kills it with Lockhart I may be in for one.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Unless MS pull a switcharoo and make it so that they're titles launch a few weeks/months earlier on Series X than PC, then I see no point in getting a next-gen Xbox as they've said all their exclusives are coming to PC (day and date). PS5 will be a day one purchase for me though.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
No plans to get Series X( will get xbox titles on my PC), and I'll wait for a handful of exclusives and the first hardware revision to jump on PS5.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally both at launch, but if I can only get one then XSX based on what I've seen so far. PS5's showcase didn't really impress me all that much, and at least XSX supports backwards compatibility in a way that I think Sony won't be matching (at least from what's known so far)... plus Game Pass.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Getting both per usual, but theres nothing at PS5's Day 1 launch(that's been officially Announced) that currently interest me. Hopefully that changes In the next few months, but I wont hold my breath.

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I apparently am the outsider.

Had a PS4 from launch, own two of them currently. Have played the big exclusives; GoW, U4, HZD, Spiderman, etc but am not yet sold on the PS5. I feel the quality of most of the first party Sony stuff, but I rarely love the games enough to do more than play through and sell on. And I don't get on with the SoulsBorne stuff at all.

This is actually exactly my situation, down to the two PS4s. I've only had my Xbox One X since April but I really like what I'm seeing and Game Pass and BC make it an absolute no-brainer. After going practically all PS4 this gen, I think I'll just use the PS5 for exclusives though I guess we'll see how things shake out.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes, the ones that you get through points do have that limit, so I'm still sitting on my points and have about $200 worth. I also got MS gift cards at reduced rates throughout the past year from Costco and Dell and the like. Gift cards you buy with actual money can't actually legally expire, I believe. Buying them like that only saves like $10 per $100 card but every bit helps, and not spending it all at once is easier to swallow. All told, I have $600 in cards and expect to have $350 in points so I should be set even if it's very pricey. I hope it's cheaper so I can put those cards towards games and one of those SSDs.

Ah nice, for some reason I only thought of MS rewards gift cards (which do have 90 day expiry) so just thought I would ask.

Smart moves all round, rewards really are easy to stack up with the Xbox app and game pass missions. May start aiming to save them up, always tend to spend them straight away.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
For me it's a really simple decision as i already have a gaming PC and i'm going to upgrade to Zen 3 at the end of the year so i have no incentive to get an Xbox.

It's going to be PS5 at launch and Series X in a few years down the line just to have the complete collection.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XSX for now. PS5 later down the line.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Probably getting the PS5 at launch, backwards compatibility is a huge factor since I still have a big PS4 backlog to go through.

I would consider the XSX, but I'm not too interested in the games they've shown so far.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Will be getting a PS5, which will go into my living room/main space to watch TV. From there the PS4 and Xbox One will rotate to either my office or my bedroom, depending on which my wife wants to game on.

No reason to get a series X since my PC is more than good enough for the first couple of years of the new gen.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying whichever has the best games. PlayStation has had that for 4 gens running, so if the trend continues I'll get PS5.

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah nice, for some reason I only thought of MS rewards gift cards (which do have 90 day expiry) so just thought I would ask.

Smart moves all round, rewards really are easy to stack up with the Xbox app and game pass missions. May start aiming to save them up, always tend to spend them straight away.
Yeah, that's my bad for being unclear, sorry! The trickiest part of Microsoft Rewards was convincing my girlfriend to make her own account and do it too so we could both benefit lol.