• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
They addressed Woodhouse. I wonder if they will address the Ron character in the show.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea his va died last December until the credits of episode 2.
:(
Yeah, it was a whole ago. I'm glad they took the time to pay him tribute though. I think I only happened to stumble upon it the day it was reported by chance. Either that or close to that time I had been looking up Jessica Walters to see if her husband was who I thought he was when watching a rerun of Friends

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first episode was good - episode 2 less so. It felt like a much too soon return to the status quo of everyone reverting back to their old personalities and roles (minus Cyril). I was hoping that a good chunk of the season would see Archer off kilter, having to navigate his new post coma reality. It wasn't bad though.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Quasi-Independent Freelance International Spy Organisation.

I'd have preferred Autonomously Led Quasi-Adept Espionage/Disinformation Agency. They could make the acronym AL QAE- alright nope, maybe not. Isn't that why they got rid of ISIS?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first episode was good - episode 2 less so. It felt like a much too soon return to the status quo of everyone reverting back to their old personalities and roles (minus Cyril). I was hoping that a good chunk of the season would see Archer off kilter, having to navigate his new post coma reality. It wasn't bad though.
Episode 1 had some genuinely good character work.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Aisha Tyler's voice sounds really strained in the majority of her lines for some reason.

It's so fucking good to have Archer back though. I finally binged the dream seasons earlier this year and while I enjoyed them, if they were to all just disappear, nothing of value would be lost.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Love the return to the real characters, and some meaningful change for most of them. Honestly though, I kinda hope they've just written AJ out or keep her off screen, because the whole Archer-Lana-AJ dynamic kinda made me hate Lana.

Oct 25, 2017
Jeezy Petes!

Krieger's Virtual Wife is going through a Ring/Grudge phase.

Even after awaking from a coma, he's back to voicemail hoaxing.

That's so classic him.

And Malory hoaxed back.
Are we expecting a hoaxing war?

And AJ's at school. That explains her absence.

Last edited:

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
So...
What was Malory talking about with Cheryl about protecting Archer? Was she talking about keeping him from this mission or something else

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She's still his mother. He just woke up from a 3-year coma and she feels he isn't ready to go back into the field. She loves him, but you'll never catch her saying that out loud... especially to him.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
my hot take is that archer 1999 was generally fine and miles better than the other two coma seasons (and the figgis agency season).

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad the voicemails are back. I hope we get more moments of competent Archer.
my hot take is that archer 1999 was generally fine and miles better than the other two coma seasons (and the figgis agency season).
Yeah, I think 1999 is about the same level as CIA and detective agency seasons which aren't that bad to me. They aren't the best but I still enjoy them.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
I'm so glad the voicemails are back. I hope we get more moments of competent Archer.

Yeah, I think 1999 is about the same level as CIA and detective agency seasons which aren't that bad to me. They aren't the best but I still enjoy them.
1999 was good because it was basically Archer in space, with the entire team being together and in similar roles. Dreamland and Danger Island suffered a lot by putting the characters into fairly different roles and splitting the team into different groups and making them adversaries.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
So much for "keep it cool badass" Cyril. That's gotta be a record for him, what two whole episodes before reverting.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I forgot to mention that I think Aisha sounded much better this episode compared to the first two.

Oct 25, 2017
Another good episode. I hope Hands makes another appearance later on. The Stalin bit made think she was really old, but then I remembered the show purposely does a vague timeline.
Awesome to see the voicemails returns. Even Mallory got one on him.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is good Archer again. Spy Archer is Best Archer. It almost feels like a return to form. I'm shocked it doesn't suck like the previous seasons, especially the dream seasons.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is good Archer again. Spy Archer is Best Archer. It almost feels like a return to form. I'm shocked it doesn't suck like the previous seasons, especially the dream seasons.
Adam Reed hasn't written any of these episodes nor is he show-running. He's just the voice of Ray right now. I think he has an episode coming up and obviously as the creator still has some plotting involvement, but he's taken a huge step back.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Cheryl & Mallory were fantastic this episode. I lost it when Cheryl was choking on nothing and then immediately snapped out of it lmao

Oct 25, 2017
"Dooooooouble Cross"

If Barry doesn't do that, I'd be surprised.
But expect Archer to Archer-ize it up somehow.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda surprised how this went down. Don't know if its gonna last but its an interesting way to go with Barry. Also, Lana, not a good look there. Still love you though.

Also, Cyril just continues his downward Cyril spiral into Season 2 Cyril.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Reed hasn't written any of these episodes nor is he show-running. He's just the voice of Ray right now. I think he has an episode coming up and obviously as the creator still has some plotting involvement, but he's taken a huge step back.

Oh I'm glad to hear he's involved at all- I figured he completely departed at this point.

If others can take over and do a good job with the show, I'm on board for more (and impressions in here indicate it's pretty good again!). Still haven't checked out this season or any of the three coma seasons, but will try this soon enough.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Episode 4 keeping this season strong. The way it panned out wasn't at all what I expected.

I always felt like they never knew what to do with Barry after Season 3, and he fell into a sort of repetitive Sideshow Bob-esque role of simply showing up to try and fail to murder his nemesis. So this is a neat direction to go in with him, though I'm not sure it can last.

Lana is 100% turning into Mallory. I'm guessing Sterling will have to step up to be for AJ the parent that he never had for himself.

Nov 14, 2017
Just finished watching the Barry episode on Hulu.
Crazy how fast Archer found a picture of the soldier's children to rub it in Cyril's face my gosh hahahah.