• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Source: https://gamingtrend.com/news/arcade...ss-of-81-and-turtles-in-time-arcade-machines/

Ms.Pac-man5-e1623156848247.jpg

MS. PAC MAN / GALAGA CLASS OF '81

Product Specs:

• Wi-Fi
• 12 Games in 1
• Light-Up Marquee
• Light Up Deck Protector
• Item Dimensions: 22.75" x 19" x 57.8"

Games Available:

• Ms. Pac-Man
• Galaga
• Dig Dug
• Mappy
• Rally X
• Galaxian
• Rolling Thunder
• Rompers
• Tower of Druaga
• King and Balloon
• Dig Dug II
• Galaga '88

Streetfighter-3-e1623157162456.jpg

STREET FIGHTER II: BIG BLUE EDITION!

Product Specs:

• Wi-Fi
• Lit Marquee
• Exclusive Stool
• Arcade1Up's Tallest Arcade Yet (67.5")
• Item Dimensions: 23" x 19" x 67.5"

Games Available:

• Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
• Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
• Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
• Super Puzzle Fighter II: Turbo
• Darkstalkers
• Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
• Darkstalkers 3
• Saturday Night Slam Masters
• Knights of the Round
• Eco Fighters
• Capcom Sports Club
• Muscle Boomer Duo

Turtles-in-Time-2-e1623157458440.jpg

TURTLES IN TIME

Product Specs:

• Wi-Fi
• Lit Marquee
• Matching Riser
• Exclusive Stool
• Item Dimensions: 22.75" x 31" x 57.8"

Games Available:

• Turtles in Time
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they know how often people mod these and are shaping their product lineup around the basic layouts people want, i.e. tate, 6 button, and 4-player.

Pretty impressive game lineups for the first two.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Lol they're reprinting the Turtles cabinet with Turtles in Time art? Sure.

OP
OP
New002

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Lol they're reprinting the Turtles cabinet with Turtles in Time art? Sure.

It's my first time seeing that cab art and it's something.

They're also adding wifi, lit marquee, and a lighted deck protector as upgrades over the original. Whether those things are worth the what I would assume to be an increase in price is another story.

Pre-Orders up for Turtles & Big Blue
OP
OP
New002

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-orders are up for the Turtles in Time and Big Blue cabs and the prices are...something.

Looks like Arcade1up has pre-orders for both, while Gamestop has the Big Blue, and Best Buy has Turtles with Big Blue as "coming soon".

Turtles in Time: $649.99 (+ shipping and $100 deposit if ordering from Arcade1up direct)
Big Blue: $599.99 (+ shipping and $100 deposit if ordering from Arcade1up direct)

I was initially very interested in the Turtles in Time cab, but at these prices it's a hard pass for me. I will wait to see if maybe it gets heavily discounted on clearance anywhere.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
The turtles cabinet after taxes is almost $1000 here in Canada, just ridiculous, I don't think they will sell a lot of these. We also don't get the crazy deals you guys get in the States.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Yikes at those prices. Now I'm glad I managed to get my TMNT cab for $250 even if it doesnt have online multiplayer.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
It's WalMart going to carry these? They usually eventually clearance arcade 1up stuff. Was able to nab the original TMNT cabinet for 149 on clearance from Walmart.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So I wonder how different the TMNT machine is from their previous iteration? I own the previous one and one immediate difference beyond the aesthetics and form factor is it has WiFi. Unfortunately the TMNT machine I have came out back when Arcade1Up wasn't regularly including dipswitch-like settings or options menus for the games so unlike that machine I assume this new machine WILL have dipswitch-like settings for each game.

It's weird because other than the control panel for Turtles in Time which I think looks good I've always preferred the look of the classic TMNT arcade machine but as far as what's on offer here with this new machine is pretty objectively better than the one I got. That said, Arcade1Up has seemingly been trying to help soften the blow of their recent price increases in their products by including way more games in each machine compared to their older machines.

So I find it interesting that this new TMNT machine still only includes TMNT (Arcade) & Turtles in Time (Arcade) on it. They really could've loaded this up with classic TMNT games: TMNT (NES; I use the word "classic" loosely with this game), TMNT (Arcade), TMNT2: The Arcade Game, TMNT3, Turtles In Time (Arcade), Turtles in Time (SNES), Hyperstone Heist/Return of Shredder, Tournament Fighters (NES), Tournament Fighters (Genesis), and Tournament Fighters (SNES). Even though a lot of those are just variants of the same games that's a much more compelling list of games for the probable $500-$600 price tag than what they're actually offering. I wonder if that Turtles in Time control panel would work with my TMNT machine? Mine is looking a little worn and I like the look of the Turtles in Time control panel.

Also how many Street Fighter machines are they going to make but still only include the same versions of SF2 over and over? What about Hyper SF2 or the Alpha games?

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
So I wonder how different the TMNT machine is from their previous iteration? I own the previous one and one immediate difference beyond the aesthetics and form factor is it has WiFi. Unfortunately the TMNT machine I have came out back when Arcade1Up wasn't regularly including dipswitch-like settings or options menus for the games so unlike that machine I assume this new machine WILL have dipswitch-like settings for each game.

It's weird because other than the control panel for Turtles in Time which I think looks good I've always preferred the look of the classic TMNT arcade machine but as far as what's on offer here with this new machine is pretty objectively better than the one I got. That said, Arcade1Up has seemingly been trying to help soften the blow of their recent price increases in their products by including way more games in each machine compared to their older machines.

So I find it interesting that this new TMNT machine still only includes TMNT (Arcade) & Turtles in Time (Arcade) on it. They really could've loaded this up with classic TMNT games: TMNT (NES; I use the word "classic" loosely with this game), TMNT (Arcade), TMNT2: The Arcade Game, TMNT3, Turtles In Time (Arcade), Turtles in Time (SNES), Hyperstone Heist/Return of Shredder, Tournament Fighters (NES), Tournament Fighters (Genesis), and Tournament Fighters (SNES). Even though a lot of those are just variants of the same games that's a much more compelling list of games for the probable $500-$600 price tag than what they're actually offering. I wonder if that Turtles in Time control panel would work with my TMNT machine? Mine is looking a little worn and I like the look of the Turtles in Time control panel.

Also how many Street Fighter machines are they going to make but still only include the same versions of SF2 over and over? What about Hyper SF2 or the Alpha games?

So, the crazy thing is that Best Buy Canada's site shows the Turtles In Time cab has six games: Turtles in Time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Main Event, Crime Fighters, Metamorphic Force, and Vendetta.

Not sure what the deal is there, but either way I'd much rather get my hands on the orginal A1Up TMNT release than this one. And the prices are def a bit much. Especially if you don't care about light up deck protectors or stools and whatever else they are throwing in.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So, the crazy thing is that Best Buy Canada's site shows the Turtles In Time cab has six games: Turtles in Time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Main Event, Crime Fighters, Metamorphic Force, and Vendetta.

Not sure what the deal is there, but either way I'd much rather get my hands on the orginal A1Up TMNT release than this one. And the prices are def a bit much. Especially if you don't care about light up deck protectors or stools and whatever else they are throwing in.

Weird. Arcade1Up's site doesn't mention those games at all. So this is a Konami arcade machine selling itself as a TMNT machine. That at least makes it a marginally better value but that's still a lot of money for what they're offering there. Also Arcade1Up doesn't seem to make replacement parts for the machines quite as available as they previously did which sucks as I guess I'm just stuck with this worn control panel.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Honestly don't get why these are taken so well. They kinda have that cheap knockoff style, the size is weird and there's just an emulator on raspberry inside, no? Always give out that "look what i made of cardboard" vibe to me.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else think SF2: Big Blue Edition is hideous looking? I greatly prefer the look of the Capcom Legacy Arcade1Up:
capcomlegacy_1000x1500_01_600x.png

I get that the colors here are much more audacious than the Big Blue Edition but there's something about the combo of the awful looking shape of Big Blue's cabinet with the Champion Edition gray fuzz aesthetics shit with the almost overly vibrant shade of blue of the cabinet that just results in something I really don't like looking at. From a usability standpoint Big Blue seems much better in that regard compared to other recent Arcade1Up products and I think the Big Blue game lineup is far better that the Capcom Legacy machine but yeah, I hate the look of it.

DaCocoBrova

Oct 27, 2017
Wow at these prices. I got the SFII:CE edition for a little over $200 a couple years ago, with the sole intent on gutting the display, compute and controls for higher quality parts (widescreen, sanwa, SFFPC/Rpi4).