• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VicRattlehead

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any decent guides out there for modding one of these? I have the street fighter 2 one and would be interested in opening it up a bit for more games. The only guides I've seen need you to do a bit of soldering and tbh Id be pretty useless at that so would It be worth me even attempting?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Price increases are to be expected, everything is out of control in costs right now in manufacturing, and shipping large items is just gotten even worse. The pinball industry in past year has now seen two big price increases for example, the manufacturers of new pins are struggling to keep costs down since every component is essentially costing more and chip shortages increased demand is surging prices up and up.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any decent guides out there for modding one of these? I have the street fighter 2 one and would be interested in opening it up a bit for more games. The only guides I've seen need you to do a bit of soldering and tbh Id be pretty useless at that so would It be worth me even attempting?

This might be your best bet. Comes with everything you need to your exact specifications for a fairly quick swapout. I've never bought from them, but heard great feedback in A1UP groups on Facebook. Hope this helps.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I had told myself I'm done with these, mainly due to space, but Ridge Racer and Killer Instinct are SUPER tempting.

I really want the X-Men or Simpsons cabinet, but no way I'm paying $699. Hoping I can snag either one at a deep discount way down the line. Thinking this is possible because I can't imagine these will sell out at such an insane price. Especially knowing how Wal-Mart loves to unload these on clearance.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Wal Mart had the NBA Jam ones for 300$.... I finally bit the bullet. I'll decide if I want to keep it or not when it arrives.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
I had told myself I'm done with these, mainly due to space, but Ridge Racer and Killer Instinct are SUPER tempting.
Speaking of Ridge Racer, AtGames have started working on a prototype for a racer cab called Legend Ultimate Racers, might want to keep an eye on that.
youtu.be

AtGames National Owners Day Awards Show & a Big Reveal!

AtGames National Owners Day Autumn 2021 is wrapping up on Monday 9/6/21 and the Super GameRoom Dudes will be hosting the Night Show! Join us Monday Evening ...

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this thread to notify those that have the Virtual Pinball, patches have been released:

Product Updates

• MRC-A-207310 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 [Update 3 - Online Play - 3/14/2023 • Multiple Titles - Companion App Functions - 2/24/2023 • SKU KIL-F-230616 and KIL-A-01252 - Killer Instinct Spectator Mode - 12/21/2022 • SKU 8258 - Ms. Pac Man™ Blue Partycade Firmware Update - 9/21/2022 • SKU MSP-H-01241...

Haven't done it on the Star Wars or Marvel that I own, actually been leaning to sell those and get the AtGames Vpin instead.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My soul hurts because I kind of just learned about these cabinets. Especially on sale. The Mortal Kombat 12-in-1 are on sale near me, but they don't look particularly great. What I'd really like is the X-men vs street fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom one because they seems to have a better height/layout and design. But I can't find them anywhere.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I have to admit, I get flustered at Arcade 1up a bit. Like I think they are wonderful and am envious of the people that own and display them, but it's absolutely not an option with the space I live in.

The main reason why I am envious towards Arcade 1up and its users are because it's become the defacto hardware and userbase to get awesome old licensed games.

The entertainment lawyers at Arcade 1up are absolutely unmatched at their job and all time greats. From the lesser known Capcom Marvel games like War of the Gems and Punisher, and Data East's marvel games, to WB's classic Midway catalogue including a nearly fully relicensed NBA Jam and the original few MK games, and things like the Simpsons and X-Men on Konami—I'd do backflips to get those on steam or switch…even PS4.

The music licensing issue with the TMNT Turtles Cowabunga Collection seems like an effortless matter to Arcade 1Ups legal team.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I have four, and I like them a lot. I was a collector for years, but they took up too much room. These are much more manageable. I just bought two of the pinballs, they are great, excellent build quality. The SF2 is modded with a Pi.

VYEPMEBl.jpg
Is that a giant PAC-MAN blanket on your wall?? God, I love that classic marquee art on the machine.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I always drop what I'm doing at Walmart and head for the TMNT machine lol. Having a cab in my basement is an on and off dream. I just can't justify the price of a 1up cuz I know I'll wanna put in a Pi which adds to the price plus I hated my experience with RetroPie when I owned a Pi 4.

On a side note, the comic/figures/games store in a mall near me wanted 3700 bucks for an original Simpsons cab. It looked like it was left outside in the sun, then stored in a damp basement with water intrusion and finally became a nest for rats.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I just need to make one. I looked at the atgames ultimate and found out that there's also sorts of games you can't emulate on it, which kind of defeats the point. I love the X-men vs Street Fighter and even Moreso the Marvel Vs. Capcom cabinet they have (Given their popularity I'm surprised they didn't keep producing them). I hear they are kind of small for two people though, and that's a big drawback. So maybe it's time to just make one. I have a spare pi sitting around and I'd probably replace the controls with better ones anyway.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I just need to make one. I looked at the atgames ultimate and found out that there's also sorts of games you can't emulate on it, which kind of defeats the point. I love the X-men vs Street Fighter and even Moreso the Marvel Vs. Capcom cabinet they have (Given their popularity I'm surprised they didn't keep producing them). I hear they are kind of small for two people though, and that's a big drawback. So maybe it's time to just make one. I have a spare pi sitting around and I'd probably replace the controls with better ones anyway.

Yes they are small and can be cramped when playing two players. Personally, I like that they are small because they take up less space and are very easy to move.

Unless you are planning to buy multiple cabinets for a home arcade atmosphere, then yes building your own multicade is the best way to go.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are small and can be cramped when playing two players. Personally, I like that they are small because they take up less space and are very easy to move.

Unless you are planning to buy multiple cabinets for a home arcade atmosphere, then yes building your own multicade is the best way to go.
Any good resources on this? I can source a monitor easy, I have an old 1080p 27" IPS sitting around that will probably be perfect. I also have a Pi 4 that's unused. But not sure about cabinet plans, stick/button connections, art decals etc. I'm not even sure where to start.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
New to this cabinet world. I don't want lots of full-sized cabs but I purchased the Marvel/Punisher/XvSF countertop cabinet for $149.99 and I LOVE this thing. Just the right size. It immediately made me spend 60.00 for the Neo Geo Mini and that's pretty cool, too. I can't see myself taking the effort to mod either of these things, but if Arcade 1up continues making these multi-game countertop cabinets at this exact size and $150.00 price point, I think I might just buy another. This hits *all* of my nostalgia buttons and the cabinet looks so great! Especially the parts that light up! The stickers are even amazing. I love this thing! Not sure what collection I'd want next, but If there was a Capcom and SNK collaboration, I'd bite for a Cvs1, Cv21, SvC Chaos, and Mvc2 collection. If they were to throw an action game in there, I'd love that old Captain America and the Avengers game.

This price is too good. The quality of this cab is NICE.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Any good resources on this? I can source a monitor easy, I have an old 1080p 27" IPS sitting around that will probably be perfect. I also have a Pi 4 that's unused. But not sure about cabinet plans, stick/button connections, art decals etc. I'm not even sure where to start.

You could try online DIY arcade communities like ArcadeControls. If you want to skip the woodworking, you can buy pre-designed cabinets like this one: https://www.microcenter.com/product/611668/micro-center-3-4-size-arcade-cabinet-27-unassembled

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

I've never personally done it. The A1U reddit group has a stickied post with tons of info. And there are members who have a lot of experience and are happy to answer questions.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Arcade 1Up would release the Killer Instinct Pro cabinet. It's the last one I want!
The music licensing issue with the TMNT Turtles Cowabunga Collection seems like an effortless matter to Arcade 1Ups legal team.
Well, they "solved" it by recording their own version of the TMNT theme song. It's basically the same, but different voices.