• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't resist and bought an nba jam with riser and stool for 150 on clearance at sams club. I think I got a good deal?

carlos

Oct 25, 2017

Cool, I needed some reassurance.
I found that last one with no price tags and didn't want the hassle of having to find a clerk and look it up.
Didn't think it was going to ring up at less than 300.
Good thing I asked.

If anyone runs into one at sams club, now you know.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
For those who have the Capcom Legacy cab, but aren't thrilled with the control deck... just received this today from X-99 Lives Arcade. I don't have time to wire it up, but I'm super happy with the build quality, appearance, and aesthetics. Really stoked to get it working!

katC34h.jpg

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
For those who have the Capcom Legacy cab, but aren't thrilled with the control deck... just received this today from X-99 Lives Arcade. I don't have time to wire it up, but I'm super happy with the build quality, appearance, and aesthetics. Really stoked to get it working!

katC34h.jpg

Wow. Got a link to that or can I find easy with a Google search?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
After sinking enough time into Midway and Capcom Legacy, I noticed the emulation isn't 100 percent perfect. I'll randomly encounter some very odd glitches. Oh well. I guess that generally happens in emulation.

I also learned the pause button on 1up are not to be relied on. They can often just cause the game to reset to the last time you paused. Aka 20 or 60 minutes ago.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Kind of a work in progress still, I still need to put in a coin door and also I'd like to get a 20" monitor in there but might have to settle for 19". I went the ArcadeModUp route with the lighted buttons, the amplifier for the stereo speakers, and the HDMI conversion. I'm getting a MagStick as soon as they are in stock as well

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
Ended up ordering an AtGame Legends Ultimate from Brick, got it this morning.... and it's defective right our of the box -_-

image0.jpg

Hate my cursed luck -_- now I have to deal with Brick customer support..... the girl on the phone dare ask the question "But can you still use it?"..... I dunno, if your laptop is missing 4inch of the screen, can you still use it?
Already trying to weasel themselves out of their warranty .... sigh

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up ordering an AtGame Legends Ultimate from Brick, got it this morning.... and it's defective right our of the box -_-

image0.jpg

Hate my cursed luck -_- now I have to deal with Brick customer support..... the girl on the phone dare ask the question "But can you still use it?"..... I dunno, if your laptop is missing 4inch of the screen, can you still use it?
Already trying to weasel themselves out of their warranty .... sigh

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck and keep us updated.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck and keep us updated.
Initially the Warranty department was trying to tell me I would have to contact the manufacturer (AtGames), but on AtGames site, it's specifically written that International Warranty are dealt with by the Retailer (in this case Brick), so already not a great start :/

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Initially the Warranty department was trying to tell me I would have to contact the manufacturer (AtGames), but on AtGames site, it's specifically written that International Warranty are dealt with by the Retailer (in this case Brick), so already not a great start :/

Maybe tweet or contact AtGames support to see if they can intervene?

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
Maybe tweet or contact AtGames support to see if they can intervene?
Ya, I'll see on Monday or something, the Brick rep from the store I ordered it from told me to send an email to the store's that fullfilled the order along with photos and description of the issues. They are supposed to reply within 48 hours. Being in Quebec we're supposed to have pretty specific laws on that kind of thing, they're literally obligated to replace it by law (as this is an issue that shouldn't even be happening with normal usage, and definitely not out of the box)

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, I'll see on Monday or something, the Brick rep from the store I ordered it from told me to send an email to the store's that fullfilled the order along with photos and description of the issues. They are supposed to reply within 48 hours. Being in Quebec we're supposed to have pretty specific laws on that kind of thing, they're literally obligated to replace it by law (as this is an issue that shouldn't even be happening with normal usage, and definitely not out of the box)

Does Brick have a retail store? Maybe tear it down and return it in person.

Either way that's bullshit you have to deal with that customer service.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
Does Brick have a retail store? Maybe tear it down and return it in person.

Either way that's bullshit you have to deal with that customer service.
That would be a problem, I do not own a car, so bringing it back in person would be quite an issue :P Main reason I ordered it online from them. And yes, they are a big retail chain in Canada.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
After a couple of calls where the rep kept telling me to contact AtGames (even though they clearly say they don't deal with international purchases), and after whining publicly about how stupid and shit their warranty is on their FB Page, another rep called me and a technician is coming on Saturday to replace the faulty module..... She told me she doesn't understand why the previous rep asked me to contact the manufacturer as this was clearly a legal warranty issue and against the law, and that the manufacturer doesn't deal with international purchases, that the retailer are the ones who deals with them, not the customer....

hopefully next module works

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
After a couple of calls where the rep kept telling me to contact AtGames (even though they clearly say they don't deal with international purchases), and after whining publicly about how stupid and shit their warranty is on their FB Page, another rep called me and a technician is coming on Saturday to replace the faulty module..... She told me she doesn't understand why the previous rep asked me to contact the manufacturer as this was clearly a legal warranty issue and against the law, and that the manufacturer doesn't deal with international purchases, that the retailer are the ones who deals with them, not the customer....

hopefully next module works

That's awesome. Sometimes complaining publicly works. I've done it before to expose obvious scammers on Amazon. Long story short, I was going to have to wait 30 days (at least) for a refund from an obvious scammer. The scammer had dozens of negative reviews, that were all the same. (Fake tracking number and never received product.) Amazon phone support wouldn't help. But when I tweeted it to their support, the scammer's store was immediately taken down and my refund was issued.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
1UP's Big Blue instruction manual leaked... Scan lines are not an option. What the heck? Why would that be removed?

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7Tg6XD5.png

Got Demon's Tilt up and running on the cab last night so looked up what people have done with it. Don't think I'll go this far with lights and junk but aspirational all the same.

As soon as I can get an Optiplex 9020 SSF I'm going to mod my Marvel cab. You mind if I PM you with any questions? I guess the first is what all have you done?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kind of a work in progress still, I still need to put in a coin door and also I'd like to get a 20" monitor in there but might have to settle for 19". I went the ArcadeModUp route with the lighted buttons, the amplifier for the stereo speakers, and the HDMI conversion. I'm getting a MagStick as soon as they are in stock as well

I have the same cab that I've been slowly modding. So far replaced the sticks and put in a pi 4b and it's been working well. I'm curious as to how you handled the light up marquee, did you get a 3rd party light? Can you take a pic of your inside of the cab, if you don't mind.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I have the same cab that I've been slowly modding. So far replaced the sticks and put in a pi 4b and it's been working well. I'm curious as to how you handled the light up marquee, did you get a 3rd party light? Can you take a pic of your inside of the cab, if you don't mind.

It's not very clean in there as I still have more work to do but this cabinet comes with a lighted marquee already so you just plug it in. A plug for the marquee, one for the monitor, one for the amplifier, and one for the Pi

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's not very clean in there as I still have more work to do but this cabinet comes with a lighted marquee already so you just plug it in. A plug for the marquee, one for the monitor, one for the amplifier, and one for the Pi

Thanks! Mine looks very similar inside so no worries, lol. So you bought a plug adapter for the stock marquee? I ended up buying a Y adapter for the monitor board and the old Arcade1up board to use with the stock power and I plugged the stock marquee directly into the old A1up board.

I have the on/off switch working with the pi, but having issues getting the volume switch to work properly with my recalbox image.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Thanks! Mine looks very similar inside so no worries, lol. So you bought a plug adapter for the stock marquee? I ended up buying a Y adapter for the monitor board and the old Arcade1up board to use with the stock power and I plugged the stock marquee directly into the old A1up board.

I have the on/off switch working with the pi, but having issues getting the volume switch to work properly with my recalbox image.
Yeah the way it works with the board I got is the marquee is just its own power cord directly to the wall with an adapter, unfortunately the only way to turn off the pi for me is to unplug it from the wall, for the speakers it came with an amplifier and a splitter for left and right because just going from the pi to the speakers doesn't power them properly

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see an Arcade1Up thread get bumped, I always hope that it's about Tron being officially announced and available for preorder.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
got my AtGames replacement today, unlike what I was told on the phone, they brought a completely new full set and took my defective one (monitor + base included)... on the phone I was told to remove the monitor only....
the guys forgot the power unit, so now I have two of them.

I didn't even bother to assemble the base yet, first thing I did was hook up the controls and the monitor to make sure all seemed fine, even ran the diagnostics to test controls, video, sound, etc. already updated the firmware too.

Now I have to reassemble the base ..... again, at least they're MUCH easier to assemble than the 1up Arcade ones.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the X-Men vs Street Fighter cab during the Walmart sale for the express purpose of modding it to run Retro-Pi. It will be my 7th (!) and final arcade unit.

I'm basically going to transfer everything from the other machines onto this one. As much as I love having the other machines around for ambience, the quality of the emulation leaves something to be desired. These games were really meant to run on CRTs, and they look way too chunky and pixellated on the default units. Even the scanline options with the newer machines don't really help. Having access to the plethora of shaders on RetroArch (hello CRT Royale) will really make these older titles shine.

Ryunosuke Naruhodo

Alt-Account
Banned
May 8, 2021
Are the MvC or XMvSF ones not available anymore? I knew from the moment they announced them that it'd be hard for me to get one (I did find the MK and SF2 ones in Mexico) but these ones I never heard of… sad.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Are the MvC or XMvSF ones not available anymore? I knew from the moment they announced them that it'd be hard for me to get one (I did find the MK and SF2 ones in Mexico) but these ones I never heard of… sad.

I'm not sure about availability in Mexico, but XMvSF has been plentiful in the US through Wal*Mart. MvC less so initially as a Best Buy exclusive that went out of stock quickly, but I believe Best Buy and now Gamestop are selling that cab again.

Ryunosuke Naruhodo

Alt-Account
Banned
May 8, 2021
I'm not sure about availability in Mexico, but XMvSF has been plentiful in the US through Wal*Mart. MvC less so initially as a Best Buy exclusive that went out of stock quickly, but I believe Best Buy and now Gamestop are selling that cab again.
Thanks for the heads up, I stopped looking for them at one point as I thought they stopped producing them, but if there are plenty available in the US still, maybe I'll get the chance to get my hands on one.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose some of you saw the prices for Big Blue and Turtles in Time. A majority of the feedback was very negative.

I'm still getting Big Blue.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
The cost increase probably was unavoidable due to supply shortages, so I really can't blame A1U for that.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Someone over on the A1U reddit page posted that Best Buy Canada's Turtles in Time product page list 6 arcade games included:

• Classic upright arcade cabinet with coinless operation comes pre-loaded with 6 games including Turtles in Time, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Main Event, Crime Fighters, Metamorphic Force, and Vendetta

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
They finally responded to someone asking them why the Simpsons cab is MIA on their site:

Lawl.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I finally received my Atari Legacy Cabinet from Gamestop. I ordered it over 6 months ago. It is fantastic. Games look and play great. The cabinet itself looks great. Loving it so far.