• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, thanks I'm hopin to hell this Brickseek reading is accurate. Store's about 20 mins away from me. Guess I'll prepare to ask em' to dig through the back. This is my dream game to own. Sad there's no stool but I'll live.
Keep us updated on your situation. Hope you're able to nab one!

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Man, this thing is a hit.

tnoRKdj.png

CaqWYAT.png

I know it's a novelty item, through and through, but my sister jumped for joy. The bowling game is surprisingly fun, even if it's stale as sin.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Uggghhh, the one place closest to me that had it for the cheaper price is out, & the one closest to me has them, but not at the discount price according to Brickseek.

Granted, I'm moving at the end of July, so I don't have the money nor the space for it at the moment. Plus I'm stuck with a non-working Final Fight cabinet sitting in the box & don't have the money to repair it.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
The Pac-Man for $150 is VERY tempting, but I have no space for it. I have two of the mini table top cabinets from Arcade 1Up and I have no space for those.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep us updated on your situation. Hope you're able to nab one!

lJWhEYQ.jpg

Thank you SO GOD DAMN MUCH for this thread Era. It really has been a dream for me for a very long time to own this game as a cabinet. I know I'm not the only one this game is special to but I'll just say it's EXTREMELY special to me.

Going to Chuck E Cheese and spending my entire token supply on this for hours was my window into a much brighter world in a dark time in my young life. And it's the reason I love the Simpsons, I played the game well before I was ever able to watch the show.

What a perfect thing to add into our new home. Life sure is working out for me lately.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't buy it just because it's cheap. It will get old after one play through and rather use the space for something else.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
lJWhEYQ.jpg

Thank you SO GOD DAMN MUCH for this thread Era. It really has been a dream for me for a very long time to own this game as a cabinet. I know I'm not the only one this game is special to but I'll just say it's EXTREMELY special to me.

Going to Chuck E Cheese and spending my entire token supply on this for hours was my window into a much brighter world in a dark time in my young life. And it's the reason I love the Simpsons, I played the game well before I was ever able to watch the show.

What a perfect thing to add into our new home. Life sure is working out for me lately.

Kudos!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this thing is a hit.

tnoRKdj.png

CaqWYAT.png

I know it's a novelty item, through and through, but my sister jumped for joy. The bowling game is surprisingly fun, even if it's stale as sin.

Looks like you had the same trouble getting the plastic around the screen screws off that I did:lol

Loosen screws my ass, they don't budge.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Are there SF cabs still out there?
They will always be out there. A1U spokers person who tweets toxic stuff often also said MK and SF2 are evergreen cabs.
The next to get this type of discount is probably the SF2 Legacy edition.

Not likely. It goes on sale often but not fire sale like the Simpsons cab with out of sync audio in the intro.

Edit: In fact the MSRP has increased since it was released nearly two years ago.

Last edited:

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
How does this work with Brickseek? Do I have to actually go in to confirm the availability?

The way it works is Brickseek checks the stock of the item you're looking for(may not always be accurate, if you don't see it, chances are they're gone).

They have no affiliation to the store so it's not like you can say "hey, I saw on Brickseek that this item is going for x price and that you have stock of it." You have to physically go to the place to confirm.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Forever mad at myself for not getting a Rampage cabinet. Wish they would put out a countercade of it.

This may sound stupid but you know the MK Legacy has Rampage in it, right?

Anyone come across any cheap risers? Lowest I've spotted is $44

44 dollars is for the countercade, not the stand up with riser and light up marque. That's an evergreen cabinet that does not get a fire sale. But it is often on sale for 100 dollars off. And a version without the riser and light up marque can be purchased at Walmart for 300.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone around me is out but I'm so nostalgic for this thing that I'll probably just buy one at the $400 price.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, we need to set some ground rules for all these new Simpsons cab owners.

1) If you have a sister named Kaitlyn, you have to buy two

2) Once you're finished building it, you have to exclaim "alright, everybody in the pool!"

3) Every time you die, you chug a beer. Every time you see blinky, you chug a beer. Everytime you pick up a weapon you chug a beer. Oh and the 5th stage is the beer stage

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The way it works is Brickseek checks the stock of the item you're looking for(may not always be accurate, if you don't see it, chances are they're gone).

They have no affiliation to the store so it's not like you can say "hey, I saw on Brickseek that this item is going for x price and that you have stock of it." You have to physically go to the place to confirm.
Thank you

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I love seeing these get attention here. I've been really into them for quite a while now. A big part of it for me is that the cabs have authentic artwork on them. I was never aiming to pick up The Simpsons, but I'd def buy it if I saw it for $200. I don't have the time to go hunt for it though.

I've really gotten into modding these as well. I've kept the games/pcb's stock. I'm more into making the cabinets as cool as they can be. I have a whole list of things I want to do (larger screens, light up coin doors, better joysticks and buttons, higher quality marquees etc...) to all of my cabs once I have the time.

Here's a pic of three of my cabs:

vzRfGic.jpg

The control decks on the SFII and MKII are not stock and I've improved the kickplate art. All three machines have IL sticks and buttons with cherry microswitches. I think I've gotten more enjoyment out of modding these things than playing them! But as someone who grew up playing these machines in the arcades its super cool to own these and I enjoy improving them.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy!!!!!

Us pauper's in the UK only ever seemed to have got, SF2, MK and Pac-man and there still like ÂŁ350 upwards

OzPrime

Oct 29, 2017
Does it have a riser and light up marque? The cheaper one doesn't come with those. So you should consider picking up the generic riser eventually.
No riser and probably no light up marquee (probably why they are getting clearance priced so often). This is a gift for a friend so it'll be up to him whether he wants the riser.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
No riser and probably no light up marquee (probably why they are getting clearance priced so often). This is a gift for a friend so it'll be up to him whether he wants the riser.

There's lots of good aftermarket decals that can be placed on a generic riser. Otherwise, the Midway Legacy is a great cabinet so that will make an excellent gift. It's one of the few that don't have any issues. All the games work well and the audio is booming. Plus it has Tapper, which can be played with both joysticks.

OP
OP
BFIB

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I love seeing these get attention here. I've been really into them for quite a while now. A big part of it for me is that the cabs have authentic artwork on them. I was never aiming to pick up The Simpsons, but I'd def buy it if I saw it for $200. I don't have the time to go hunt for it though.

I've really gotten into modding these as well. I've kept the games/pcb's stock. I'm more into making the cabinets as cool as they can be. I have a whole list of things I want to do (larger screens, light up coin doors, better joysticks and buttons, higher quality marquees etc...) to all of my cabs once I have the time.

Here's a pic of three of my cabs:

vzRfGic.jpg

The control decks on the SFII and MKII are not stock and I've improved the kickplate art. All three machines have IL sticks and buttons with cherry microswitches. I think I've gotten more enjoyment out of modding these things than playing them! But as someone who grew up playing these machines in the arcades its super cool to own these and I enjoy improving them.
Someday I am hoping to snag the MVS. I love the look of it.

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god they made a t2 cabinet
this thread had me poking around their offerings until I ran across that
oh no my wallet is in danger
I think this will be my first arcade1up they finally got me
if they ever do MvC2 and/or Star Wars Trilogy Arcade then I will be in trouble again

Last edited:

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Someday I am hoping to snag the MVS. I love the look of it.

Yeah, I like the look of it as well. It's nicely-built in all honesty. I wish the modding scene was as active for the MVSX as it is for Arcade1ups, but I guess it makes sense considering how many different cabs Arcade1up released.

Just saw this video yesterday. He replaced the black t-molding on the MVSX with white t-molding. Looks REALLY nice. I'd be tempted to do it to mine, but I have zero experience with that kind of thing and I'd be worried I'd ruin my cab:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god they made a t2 cabinet
this thread had me poking around their offerings until I ran across that
oh no my wallet is in danger
I think this will be my first arcade1up they finally got me
if they ever do MvC2 and/or Star Wars Trilogy Arcade then I will be in trouble again
Is this the Star Wars Trilogy you're talking about?

arcade1up.com

Star Wars™ Limited Edition Seated Arcade Machine

Assume the role of Luke Skywalker™ and live out the fantasy of piloting your own X-wing fighter with the Arcade1Up Limited Edition Seated Star Wars™ At-Home Arcade Machine. The cabinet features artwork from the original arcade machine, and the matching bench is upholstered with luxurious black...

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Maaaaaan, that Pac Man machine is $150 near me. I'm tempted to buy it just for the shell, since I was going to build another cabinet this summer anyway.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the Star Wars Trilogy you're talking about?

arcade1up.com

Star Wars™ Limited Edition Seated Arcade Machine

Assume the role of Luke Skywalker™ and live out the fantasy of piloting your own X-wing fighter with the Arcade1Up Limited Edition Seated Star Wars™ At-Home Arcade Machine. The cabinet features artwork from the original arcade machine, and the matching bench is upholstered with luxurious black...

No, they're talking about Sega's Star Wars Trilogy Arcade from 1998.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Soooo my wife admitted to me today that she bought me the Pac-Man cabinet for Father's Day. She said she felt guilty about making such a large purchase without running it through me first, which is what got her to tell me.

Honestly kinda 50/50 on whether or not I want it. Kinda bummed it doesn't seemingly include a riser, and now I'm gonna want to track down a matching stool.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo my wife admitted to me today that she bought me the Pac-Man cabinet for Father's Day. She said she felt guilty about making such a large purchase without running it through my first, which is what got her to tell me.

Honestly kinda 50/50 on whether or not I want it. Kinda bummed it doesn't seemingly include a riser, and now I'm gonna want to track down a matching stool.

You can get a generic riser for $60(?) And of course decorate it with premade decals. There's some good ones out there.

There's also many versions of Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man cabinets available. You might want to consider returning the gift for the one you prefer. Unfortunately many of them get much more expensive. It's best to wait on a sale. Personally I got Class of 81 for $450 on a black Friday sale. It's one of my favorite cabs.

Good luck with your decision!

Oct 25, 2017
Why, oh why has no one made a Arcade 1-Up clone of a Candy Cab? I keep seeing these, and I want to get one and mod the crap out of it, but I keep holding out for a candy cab replica that isn't the size of a Gameboy.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo my wife admitted to me today that she bought me the Pac-Man cabinet for Father's Day. She said she felt guilty about making such a large purchase without running it through my first, which is what got her to tell me.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
You Americans are very lucky when it comes to these games. In Australia some of these start at $1200.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shit this is tempting. I might go look tomorrow as it says they have them. Wish they had a SF one this cheap! Lol