• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

anotherone.gif

Thanks Tohsaka!

So yeah, this explains the delay from before. Add another to Compile Heart's growing Switch catalogue. Death end re;Quest and Dragon Star Varnir Switch ports when? :P

Compile Heart's Switch line-up so far:

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (port was done by Ghostlight Games)
Super Neptunia RPG (was developed by Artisan Studios in Canada for all systems)
Moero Chronicle H
Gun Gun Pixies
Mary Skelter 2 (also comes with Mary Skelter Nightmares)
Arc of Alchemist

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sadly watch this be digital only in the west iffy u.s should work with NISA as a retail partner to help'em out imo

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
true. still it sucks that they're having issues with retail as of late

In this case specifically, it sold like trash in Japan. Not sure if the Switch version will make it either, though. I don't think Fairy Fencer F sold too well (well, it was a PS4 port of the PS3 game) since the limited is still on sale on their store. When the Switch version of Fairy Fencer got announced, it went eShop only... So yeah would be nice to see it physical, but not going to expect it.

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like if retail is out of reach for them these days they should look at a partnership with Limited Run Games. Niche games like these would be helped out significantly with a physical run.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like if retail is out of reach for them these days they should look at a partnership with Limited Run Games. Niche games like these would be helped out significantly with a physical run.

It probably just depends on what it is. Super Neptunia RPG just came out this week in stores on PS4 and Switch (with store exclusive LE) and I just pre-ordered their LE of Date A Live that went up today (SE for PS4 will be physically available as well).

Oct 27, 2017
It probably just depends on what it is. Super Neptunia RPG just came out this week in stores on PS4 and Switch (with store exclusive LE) and I just pre-ordered their LE of Date A Live that went up today (SE for PS4 will be physically available as well).
Well some stuff is doable on their own, but it could make them some extra cash outsourcing some of this to companies that specialize in limited print runs. Niche games like this could get buried within a digital storefront

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Oh yeah, most did I'd think. Like I said, Death end re;Quest and Dragon Star Varnir seem inevitable on Switch at this point.

Now where the hell is Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus on Switch? You'd think it'd be the most obvious port, especially since it's the most current version of the first Neptunia game and will be a proper introduction to the franchise to Switch owners.

Omega Quintet is also the other Galapagos RPG yet to get a Switch port (Switch now has two out of five of them). I could see Ghostlight getting that one since I think they did the PC port of that?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon still hasn't canceled my pre-order for the PS4 version that I made long ago. I guess IFI hasn't told them the retail release isn't happening.
Same here lol, it's weird, my order still hasn't been cancelled yet either.

Also still sucks that it looks like we're still losing the previously announced dub too.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Bumping to let folks know that you definitely shouldn't buy the Switch version. Handheld mode performance is essentially unplayable, 10~ FPS for an Action RPG.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to release the game in this state should be ashamed of themselves. They're selling this game to folks that own Switch Lites!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Bumping to let folks know that you definitely shouldn't buy the Switch version. Handheld mode performance is essentially unplayable, 10~ FPS for an Action RPG.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to release the game in this state should be ashamed of themselves. They're selling this game to folks that own Switch Lites!
Oof, that's not good to hear. How is the PS4/Pro performance, if you've tried it?

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I actually just got my review key for the game last night, this is a big oof before i even start the game. time to steel expectations quite a bit.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
For perspective:

Resolution is better than the twitter vid, but the FPS is accurate. It's worse when enemies are on screen and effects are going on.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For perspective:

Resolution is better than the twitter vid, but the FPS is accurate. It's worse when enemies are on screen and effects are going on.

131.gif

ain't so self-respect I see

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Finished the game, and I probably would've given the PS4 version a 3 or a 4/10. The fact that the Switch version's performance got *worse* the further into the game you progressed, and it was never good to begin with, makes me tired.

Quite possibly the worst game I've ever played, and definitely the worst I've finished.