• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thoughts?

• I like it!

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Boo!

Votes: 61 52.1%

• Total voters

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
TBH, I'm not sure what this point was. Maybe I should have gone only one gen back and mentioned the Mercedez-Benz in MK8? But I cannot possibly be the only one who remembers those 3 Burger King games, can I?

Oh, my word, no, they're brought up quite often, I think. Particularly Sneak King.

My point was more that it was specifically in Mario Maker.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Arby's Melts are delicious. This level is a level, it isn't insanely hard, it's funny to write "We have the meats" with coins, at least to me. And no other fast food joint is making a Mario level as far as I can tell.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's competent, but it's also nothing special. I'd give it a heart for the effort, though.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Oh, my word, no, they're brought up quite often, I think. Particularly Sneak King.

My point was more that it was specifically in Mario Maker.
Oh okay. Mine was just fast food companies trying to reach people with video games. McDonald's did that forever ago on the NES with McKids (and somehow it's not a terrible game) but anything else... eh.

Also, it just hit me but while everyone is bitching about this being done, Carl's Jr has been there since SMB1! Take that other fast food chains!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
As long as companies don't flood Mario Maker 2 with bad corporate levels I'm fine with it.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Good idea or bad idea (I lean towards good because it cost nothing and got word of mouth), Arby's social is seen as the gold standard in marketing circles. In which I run, sadly. I usually think they're lame and trying too hard, but try telling that to a boss who sees dollar signs instead of humans.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
The firm that leaned into the gamer/nerd culture put Arbys back on the map in a big way. They were closing stores until their social helped them turn the brand around. That firm makes high six-figures these days, so hey whatever works.
Gamers are very specific in what they like and want, but they're also pretty easy to fool. The Game Awards being a good example and BS like MS, Sony, and Nintendo execs appearing on stage together as if it were some kind of monumental event of importance.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty funny. Not gonna make me go to Arby's but I can get behind this.

Foxhound

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I'm only playing it if I get a coupon for a free Beef 'n Cheddar at the end.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I'm waiting for Hamburger Helper to jump in on this. You know it's gonna be rad just like their album.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man there was so much potential to make this level ultra hard and get people talking. The idea is there for other companies.

Now I really need to get this game shiiiiiiiiet.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The people that have an issue with this need to have a serious word with themselves.

It's just a bit of fun advertising.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Still better than the vast majority of levels I come across in endless.

It's fun and simplistic, who cares if its advertising? It's better advertising than most.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
I do not really care that Arby's used MM2 for marketing but the level itself was very unimaginative. If it were a creatively designed level I would be more enthusiastic.

But as a marketing tool this ploy obviously worked.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm so hungry for new Mario Maker content I could play the Arby's level.

AMjX1Gp.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I for one have always liked that Arby's Twitter account is in tune with gaming/anime culture and their team behind the marketing are cool people. I saw them at a more recent Games Done Quick marathon doing their paper craft.

But the thing is, I've only eaten at Arby's once in my life years and years ago. Never again lol! As much as I like their marketing it won't ever get me to eat there.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
It's automatically bad because it's yet another corporate twitter account attempt to get e-cred to disguise their evil.