• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voltaire

Sep 13, 2018
I still remember when I learned about the second world war and the holocaust, I was 13 or 14 I think, that phrase and the context in which it was used had such an impact on my young mind. It's the worst kind of madeleine de Proust

Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight, she's saying that she want to go back to work... like in a concentration camp?

Ok she can come work for me then, i wont pay her and feed her some bread every now and then.

Fucking lunatic, she probably has no clue what that sign even means

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
smfh, that's definitely trump's base. doesn't even make any sense but that's the caliber of intelligence we're dealing with here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
image.png
Oh damn, Adam Sessler with a truth bomb right here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I am tired of this as well, because it derails arguments. See Reductio ad Hitlerum. I am not American and not commenting on this protest in Illinois, but it's clear to me that the protesters make use of shock advertising, which is "the employment of graphic imagery to highlight a public policy issue".
It's a quote from a fucking concentration camp, my guy. It is not this thread bringing Nazis into the equation, it is the protestors that this thread is about bringing Nazis into the equation.

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give them a copy of MiklĂłs Nyiszli's Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eywitness Account and a cold jail cell. Only the most ardent white supremacist would emerge from that cage an unchaged man.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hoe are these people not immediately identified, named and shamed for life? This shit is beyond vile, you cannot claim ignorance on this one.

Sad that we share this planet with these imbeciles.

ChestRockwell

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people would watch Shoah and not be affected by it.

Perhaps. However, I tend to believe that people are inherently good. Continued exposure to factual and eyewitness accounts, not to mention the comprehensive records the Nazis left behind could produce a change of heart. At least it may plant a seed of doubt.

On the other hand, it was just two years ago that Golden Dawn desecrated the Holocaust memorial in my YiaYia's hometown (Thessaloniki). I still haven't completely gotten over it, tbh.

Speaking of Shoah, maybe a 12 months of court ordered volunteer work at the USC Shoah Foundation would be a more appropriate consequence.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Damn... that's ridiculous.

Nobody at that protest had any idea what that sentence really meant. They just knew it was anti-semitic because it was located at Auschwitz.
That's probably true. A complete lack of curiosity about the world outside of the USA (and probably a shit education) will make a person dumb for life.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so at some point there had to be somebody who used the "It's okay to say the n word, I have black friends" argument and got away with it right? And after that all of those weirdos started using it?
It will never not be amazing to me how they all seem to think people will go "Oh she has jewish friends, well if she has jewish friends it can't be antisemitic"

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Incredibly offensive AND incredibly idiotic considering what she's demonstrating for, that's some sort of double jackpot!

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I'm so confused. She's a clueless dumb bitch that knew exactly what she was doing. These people are a cluster fuck of contradictions.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Feels like the Confederacy never really died. It lived on as undercurrent converging with Nazism and now is finally coming up to the surface en masse thanks to Republicans and Trump. And a good Nazi is a dead one.

0UUbQG7.jpg

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
None of this makes any sense whatsoever wtf. Wearing a mask because of a "hoax" virus, "protesting" with Nazi slogans to get back to your slave work? I seriously can't stand this incredible idiocracy anymore.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Completely off-topic, but is "arbeit" where the word for part-time jobs in Japanese comes from?!

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the Confederacy never really died. It lived on as undercurrent converging with Nazism and now is finally coming up to the surface en masse thanks to Republicans and Trump. And a good Nazi is a dead one.

0UUbQG7.jpg
Yes, exactly. This is because we didn't do Reconstruction right. We let them off the hook and all we got was another 150ish years of misery and now we'll have to put them down again.

We better learn some goddamn lessons this time.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
[Brings concentration camp slogan and nazis signs to protest]

"How dare you call me a nazi!"

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Even ignoring the horrible racist shit in the sign, the sentiment makes no sense. Those who went to work under that banner, died, because it was a lie. Is she advocating for her people to be marched to their deaths? Like, unironically, yes, but is she saying she realizes that and wants it?? There's no possible way to parse this as anything other than extremely offensive and stupid.

It feels to me that racists are just absolutely insane. There's people in the UK who've said they would refuse treatment from doctors if they were not English even if they were dying. Their own stupid views and opinions sit above their own personal safety, they're just completely out of their minds.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even ignoring the horrible racist shit in the sign, the sentiment makes no sense. Those who went to work under that banner, died, because it was a lie. Is she advocating for her people to be marched to their deaths? Like, unironically, yes, but is she saying she realizes that and wants it?? There's no possible way to parse this as anything other than extremely offensive and stupid.
Racism requires a level of lack of self-awareness

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I feel like there's about a 90% chance that this woman's goal has little to nothing to do with getting herself back to work, and more about forcing others to go back to work so she can continue on ignorantly enjoying her typical modern amenities.

Either way, no remorse for any of these fuckos. Go fall in a deep, deep hole somewhere.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy to see that you can show those signs in public in the US while you would get arrested (and / or probably beaten up) for doing so in Germany.
In the UK too. Hitler's first wife was English
Errr.... What? No. He was married once and only few hours before he commited suicide.

Oct 30, 2017
This is what happens when you have a white supremecist as a President.

Nazism is rife in white America now. A new normal.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
If they're actually attempting to compare what's happening to Nazism, the sign should read Idleness sets you free (which would be stupid and misguided). It makes no sense as is and just marks her as a Nazi.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Emboldened fascists are the worst kind. They should all get a fierce ass-kicking to let them know where they and their shit opinions belong.

Errr.... What? No. He was married once and only few hours before he commited suicide.
I think they might be thinking of Unity Mitford (had to google her name), an English woman who also had a relationship with Hitler, although they never married.