• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
EDIT: Now that it is official

This is the first DC film to reach $1B since The Dark Knight Rises in 2012, and will actually be the first film from a studio other than Disney/Universal to hit that mark since WB released the first Hobbit film about 6 years ago.

Given the continued momentum of Aquaman, it is pretty likely that the film will end its run over The Dark Knight Rises ($1.085B), setting a new high water mark for the label.

Who would have guessed?

Last edited:

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Did not expect this much for Aquaman . Next JL movie will have him and Wonder Woman as the lead now lol.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
mZnnWFs.gif

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not a sentence I think anyone ever actually thought they would say. They sure proved Entourage wrong, lol.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Aquaman king of the DC Universe, even bigger than fucking BATMAN
In 2019
Best timeline
Mr. Curry fending off the haters like
tumblr_n4qouo51B31s2wio8o1_500.gif

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bodes well for even more fun, big budget genre films going forward.

Next dark horse is Battle Angel Alita

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for Momoa and Wan!

I can't help but feel like things are lining up perfectly for a Flashpoint movie between this and Wonder Woman doing great at the box office. Should be interesting to see how it's going to play out.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it last night and it was just as fun as everyone I've spoken to said. Word of mouth got my butt in the seat. Arthur took my heart.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Believe in Team Wan

Creator of Saw Franchise
Creator of Insidious Franchise
Creator of Conjuring
Highest Grossing F&F film
Highest Grossing DC flick

He prints money

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Believe in Team Wan

Creator of Saw Franchise
Creator of Insidious Franchise
Creator of Conjuring
Highest Grossing F&F film
Highest Grossing DC flick

He prints money
James Wan and James Cameron are now the only directors to have two 1b movies across different franchises.

Bow down to your new cinematic god.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Jason Momoa already has the god bod why'd they slap those Batman and Robin ass abs on his costume

The one dude that could actually get away with superhero tights and you put him in a Power Ranger weekly villain costume

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much this has to do with there being nothing else worth seeing this holiday.

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda baffling to me. I've seen all of the DCEU movies (I don't know why. Maybe I hate myself or something.) and I thought this was awful, on a Batman v Superman tier of bad. Why are people flocking to it?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man, it's weird that an Aquaman movie has a higher gross than a Superman one.