• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I feel like its the same as a game embargo lifting and checking Metacritic.

Unless you mean the tease of the reveal and not the reveal itself.

The tease of the reveal. The whole idea of treating it like a big event.

Like, review aggregate sites aren't going to away any time soon, but I just find the idea of a big reveal of what the review ratio is to be hilariously cynical.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The tease of the reveal. The whole idea of treating it like a big event.

Like, review aggregate sites aren't going to away any time soon, but I just find the idea of a big reveal of what the review ratio is to be hilariously cynical.
Yeah I agree

I see RT as a necessary evil, but they started doing the Rotten Reveal and they are now PART of the process and it complicates things.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the rotten reveal kind of has the opposite effect if the movie isn't a hit with critics right off the bat.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Going to see it this Thursday, good to see it's mostly positive reviews. This rooting for movies to be bad "for the salt" or "my hero is better than your hero" I find extremely childish. Having good successful movies from both Marvel and DC is a win for everyone.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
2772da69c3efb96881850a48f87c287a.jpg

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
A string of Aquaman, Shazam, Joker, BoP and Wonder Woman is a good outlook.

I foresee all these movies doing well critically with all future films nearing 90% rt (Shazam, BoP) or exceeding it (WW84, Joker).

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say this as someone who loves the MCU but can we not do this and try to pit two female superheroes movies against each other.
I'm not gonna pretend Wonder Woman was good, it sucks and Gal Gadot is an awful person. How anyone on this site can support a movie with her in it is crazy.

All because a couple of people don't care for Gal Gadot's dubious acting skills

Not to mention her comments on Palestine.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not gonna pretend Wonder Woman was good, it sucks and Gal Gadot is an awful person. How anyone on this site can support a movie with her in it is crazy.

Not to mention her comments on Palestine.
Wonder Woman is a brilliant film and the majority of people love it.

What are Gal's comments on Palestine? Why is she an awful person?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The quest to try a pin an exact number out of 10 to determine a film's quality is way dumber than the binary of thumbs up or down.

The idea of then making an algorithm to make an average out of those numbers is even more dumb.

Ok

But this thread is about said number, so... maybe you don't want be in it?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Team 'Wonder Woman was good not great but I can totally appreciate how much of an important film it was for lesser represented people regardless of my thoughts on its quality' here personaly.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Woman is a brilliant film and the majority of people love it.

What are Gal's comments on Palestine? Why is she an awful person?
Yeah I'm sure peoplele living in Palestine in apartheid conditions also love Gal Gadot, a supporter of IDF and Israel's extermination policies.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the film in China in a dolby theater last weekend. Its an enjoyable brainless blockbuster cgi-fest, definitely feels much more of a 'Marvel' film than your typical DC trying too hard to be dark & gritty. Cinematography is top notch, lots of pretty shots throughout the film.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This thread is going way off-course so either stick to Aquaman reviews talk or... I guess can hand out some warnings and bans.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
More reviews were added, with 58 reviews counted. From those, 43 are positive, 15 negative. Score currently at 74% and average rating of 6.3.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
More reviews were added, with 58 reviews counted. From those, 43 are positive, 15 negative. Score currently at 74% and average rating of 6.3.
My 85% was overly optimistic in the end but 75% is a solid follow up to the disaster that was Justice League.

I'm excited for the next few weeks. Bumblebee, Spider-Man and Aquaman shape up to make this a brilliant December.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I was asking about this in the other thread. Is there a venom 2 and is Hardy in it?
I think Sony locked down a date in late 2020, which is assumed to be Venom Too. Hardy and Woody are also contracted for more films.

With the first film's massive success, there will certainly be more Venom, it's just a matter of when. Sony is not known to take their time.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, shit. Happy for Momoa. He seems like a genuinely nice dude, even if he's not exactly a good actor.

I'm going to see this in full costume, with my brother in a dolphin onesie on a leash.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
76% isn't too bad. I just hope it's better than the overhyped WW. Really don't want to waste anymore money on DCEU.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Off to see it in 30 mins. Glad it's not getting panned but my expectations are pretty low, especially given all the comments about it being a fairly ho-hum Phase 1 MCU film and the CGI being dogshit.

Also my screening sure is busy:

n6A6oBp.png

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought WW was a touch over rated but what is this? Compared to Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman is way better

That ain't hard, though. I did like Wonder Woman a lot but mostly for the social commentary and a few stand-out scenes like No Man's Land (which was as on the nose as the Witch King fight in Lord of the Rings) and that one time the bad guy gassed all those politicians, gave them a gas mask to fight over and laughed with his cohort because they both knew it wouldn't work.

There were a lot of issues with the movie overall, like the Amazonians kinda sucking and the big bad being the least intimidating villain since Professor Quirrel, so I'm not sure I'd say the movie was especially amazing - just that we needed a female led superhero movie and we got a pretty good one.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That average score is lower than I want it to be honestly. I said worst case scenario was a middle of the road score. And at the moment. Aquaman somehow might end up like that. Let's hope the scores go up higher as more and more come in then. I'm skipping the film myself (Too many other films to watch at the moment) but I don't want anyone going to it to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.