• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an enjoyable if forgettable romp.
A James Wan film in short.
Will probably catch it when it comes to Netflix or w/e.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews don't read well at all. Sounds like mediocrity, but I'll check it out. Had no idea this damn movie is 2 hours and 23 minutes.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think Batman & Robin's value as a so-bad-its-fun movie is overrated... it's fun to watch for like an hour. But then around the time of Dick and Barbara's underground motorcycle race to the death, you think, fuck is this movie still going on?

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I think Batman & Robin's value as a so-bad-its-fun movie is overrated... it's fun to watch for like an hour. But then around the time of Dick and Barbara's underground motorcycle race to the death, you think, fuck is this movie still going on?
I saw that abomination in a movie theater. It's so bad that it made me retroactively hate Batman Forever. So yes, that film isn't really "fun" when your experience is living trhrough Batman getting turned back into a joke after how absurdly great both Batman 89 and Batman Returns are, arguably two of the best live action Batman film movies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

And then they have snow change costumes and more Mr. Freeze puns, it's an amazing movie to laugh at.

I've only glanced at a few of these reviews, but it seems like Aquaman will be in for smooth sailing with the general audience. Like predictable plot, questionable underwater CG and the irks isn't something most people will care about.

It's an exciting romp, with big setpieces and spectacle that mostly keeps you entertained for 2 1/2 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't quite understand what everyone finds so fun about Venom. The 2nd act is the only enjoyable thing about it. The beginning and end is a snooze fest. Especially that final fight between Venom and Riot.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I still don't quite understand what everyone finds so fun about Venom. The 2nd act is the only enjoyable
thing about it. The beginning and end is a snooze fest. Especially that final fight between Venom and Riot.

The only thing I enjoyed was the romance subplot between Eddie and Venom. Without it, I'd consider the movie Catwoman unwatchable

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I still don't quite understand what everyone finds so fun about Venom. The 2nd act is the only enjoyable thing about it. The beginning and end is a snooze fest. Especially that final fight between Venom and Riot.

You'd be surprised how strongly something like that can carry a movie.

Like I can't tell you about the climax, but their bonding time, the car chase, Venom's emergence all kind of fun and enjoyable camp.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Venom had more scenes of tom hardy being weird/ learning the ropes of his new powers/bonding with venom . The movie sort of jumped right into the dissapointing final battle , the pacing feels off .
No complaints about woody harlson wig, really aced that one , movie .

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
A lot higher than I was expecting!

Though, actually reading those reviews and looking at all of those 3 out of 5's is..troubling.

I'm sure it's a fun ride at the least.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

For me it was a movie that I wish was the sequel. You just want to see more of Eddie/Venom, but since the movie takes forever to get to that dynamic, you don't get much of it.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Venom appeals best to a crowd of people that were going to just be happy getting exactly what that movie had to offer.

That model isn't sustainable, but hey, if Sony wants to bank on it, *shrug*

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a good restart for the DC movies, this might be their first good one

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I thought the Eddie/Venom dynamic was interesting. For me it's sort of where most good superhero movies fall for me, which is that it's relatively predictable, boilerplate story and character arc elevated by interesting, likable, appealing characters and worlds. This is sort of how I feel about WW and Black Panther tbh.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
wonder woman was more DC trash, how anyone likes that movie I don't know. Luckily we have Captain Marvel coming soon and she can give us a good female led superhero film.
UnfortunateThirstyFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

Remnant

Oct 26, 2017
So the 75%~80% score on RT was actually a thing after all. A pretty good result considering the cringe parts the movie must have throughout the first and the second acts. I'd call it a sluggish-fun which the Chinese market tends to dig, and that's why it'll be a huge hit on the box office after all.

Visually it looks stunning, and a little weird. It reminds me of Valerian, but in a good sense... if it's making any sense.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
wonder woman was more DC trash, how anyone likes that movie I don't know. Luckily we have Captain Marvel coming soon and she can give us a good female led superhero film.

My shallow, forgettable tent pole movie designed to sell toys is better than your shallow, forgettable tent pole movie designed to sell toys!

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I thought WW was a touch over rated but what is this? Compared to Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman is way better

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The charisma of a rock. And people complained that Gal Gadot is a bad actress, maybe but she at least has charisma.
This whole automatic "lashing out at the other comic company's equivalent" thing is pretty unseemly. I expect to see talk about blast processing and the most bits next.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This whole automatically "lashing out at the other comic company's equivalent" thing is pretty unseemly. I expect to see talk about blast processing next.
Actually it's more a Brie Larson thing. In my opinion she's just a horrible and overrated actress with many of the same faults that people unfairly apply to Gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.