• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Consistent history of system warring and antagonizing other members; numerous accumulated infractions
I doubt you even have the console the way you constantly dump on it all the time.
You don't know me at all. I'm constantly around here praising Game Pass. Not my fault you like to accept mediocre games on Games with Gold. I don't.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront II yes!

After Jedi Academy and Republic Commando I was hopeful for it. I'll gladly give it a spin.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS Plus this month? The Witness was already free with GwG a year ago. And recently GwG got Celeste! This is definitely an off month but it could definitely be worse.

In the month that GwG got The Witness and Cars 2 (March 2018), PS Plus got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank (PS4). I think that about says it all. PS Plus by in large (though not always) offers better games and more overall value proposition. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how April's games match up, but this month for GwG is fairly lacklustre.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Looks like at least another month I can wait on re-subbing my Gold. Nothing that interests me there at all as I already have Battlefront II physical.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
OG BF2 is awesome, but the Xbone lineup is weak; especially since Technomaner is already on Game Pass

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they're good games, I'd take it. GWG seems to kind of be an afterthought with Game Pass around.
That's exactly what has happened to it. The quality of GWG dropped when Game Pass happened. Sure every once in awhile we get something good like Celeste but then you go several months with mediocre games for the most part. And look I'm sorry if you are excited to play these old Star Wars games but realize there are a ton of people who don't want to be playing original Xbox games today and want something better.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I recommend Technomancer to anyone who likes BioWare-style RPGs and doesn't have a problem with a bit of jankiness in their games. I had a great time with it!

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
In the month that GwG got The Witness and Cars 2 (March 2018), PS Plus got Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank (PS4). I think that about says it all. PS Plus by in large (though not always) offers better games and more overall value proposition. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how April's games match up, but this month for GwG is fairly lacklustre.
This doesn't seem right lol. especially with PS Plsu only offering 2 games.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't seem right lol. especially with PS Plsu only offering 2 games.

To be fair I haven't looked at any recent comparisons, and was just basing my comment on previous ones. Thinking about it, with only two games with PS Plus now, I'd be surprised if the value proposition was still higher.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember, are OG Xbox games yours to keep when your gold lapses? I know 360 games are.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
To be fair I haven't looked at any recent comparisons, and was just basing my comment on previous ones. Thinking about it, with only two games with PS Plus now, I'd be surprised if the value proposition was still higher.
It seems like they've been fairly similar in the quality of games offered. They each have their off months.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like they've been fairly similar in the quality of games offered. They each have their off months.

They definitely both have their off months, but for current gen gamers annually PS Plus arguably pretty much always comes out ahead in quality (and historically value proposition too). 2019 isn't really that different thus far, with GwG taking January, but PS Plus taking February and March. We'll have to wait and see about April.

Obviously that quality and value can be skewed dependant on whether or not you already own the games on either service, but I'm talking from a purely don't own any perspective.

Both services could be far better though, and Sony really ought to be pushing the quality envelope even further now they're down to two titles. Anything less would simply be unacceptable or at the very least grossly unfair.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Poor. Gamepass has better options right now. I know they are different services but these games with gold aren't enough of an incentive to sign up, I'd never get round to playing these with the options on gamepass and current releases.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Both services could be far better though, and Sony really ought to be pushing the quality envelope even further now they're down to two titles. Anything less would simply be unacceptable or at the very least grossly unfair.

Sony definitely do, quality has dropped quite a bit. I know the order and knack get ragged on quite a bit but ffs just put them on.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
-Star Wars: Battlefront II

More 4K remastered goodness thanks to the Backwards compatibility wizards. (Yes, it's a goddamn remaster. They do more work getting these things running and with better results than most remasters: the resolution is insanely better, the framerates are rock solid and the textures and filtering are better)

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
When Technomancer was on Gamepass I played the start of it and I wasn't sold on its particular level of Jankiness.

Getting it with gold I may give it some more time, but glad it is here. The other games interest me more evne if I still have a disc for Battlefront. I do like getting them added digitally. Not all of the old games age well but it is still cool building a fun old game library. Republic Commando and Mercenaries were surprisingly still solid enough to play and would be a good candidates for a full remake if someone could do it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It was April, Mad Max and Trackmania were the PS Plus headliners. Was still a great month for Plus tbf.

Also you mentioned Cars 2 rather than mentioning Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Dead Space 2 the same month as The Witness, perhaps these didn't fit in with your narrative.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony definitely do, quality has dropped quite a bit. I know the order and knack get ragged on quite a bit but ffs just put them on.

Knack has already been part of PS Plus, fairly recently too as far as I remember. I don't know why it has become such a popular game to meme though, the game is pretty pants lol.

It was April, Mad Max and Trackmania were the PS Plus headliners. Was still a great month for Plus tbf.

Also you mentioned Cars 2 rather than mentioning Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Dead Space 2 the same month as The Witness, perhaps these didn't fit in with your narrative.

There was no forced narrative, there was just no mention of them on my initial Google search. I just assumed Cars 2 was a current gen title.

http://u.cubeupload.com/nib95/Screenshot2019032616.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
tenor.gif

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Been wanting to give Technomancer a try, as seems a cool concept though more AA game so haven't brought as other stuff to play.

Battlefront 2 is cool will give that a play, wonder if the online will be brought up?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's not a new backwards-compatible game but it is X Enhanced. See my post above for the technical details.

I'm confused.

If it wasn't available before on Xbox One, then it's a new BC game, isn't it? (I don't count 360 compatibility here)
And if it's X enhanced, which is has to be because all OG Xbox games on the One are and have to be, than it also should be 4K like all the other OG X games, no?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice lineup. Technomancer can be bought really cheap, but it's still an awesome AA action RPG. :)

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
If they were better quality stuff then what they've been giving I'd take it. PS+ has been offering better games for awhile now. I expect that to be the same once again in April. Quality is more important than quantity. Not a single good game in this Xbox lineup this month.

GRAW 2 is great. I honestly didn't realize it was BC. Also there is nothing wrong with giving OG Xbox games away. We need the get away from this mentality of it's not for me = crap.

I don't own any of these games so overall a good month for me.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Fantastic month. Love getting upgraded 4K OG Xbox games like Battlefront and 360 games. You can play them even if your Gold sub lapses, unlike Xbox One or PS+ games.

48 games a year for $60. I love Games with Gold.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
GRAW 2 is great. I honestly didn't realize it was BC. Also there is nothing wrong with giving OG Xbox games away. We need the get away from this mentality of it's not for me = crap.

I don't own any of these games so overall a good month for me.
If you're allowed to express your love for the service you pay for, why are those who are disappointed with the service they pay for supposed to be silent about it? We don't need echo chamber threads. I don't see why we should be silenced outside of giving praise.

Saying this month sucks just means this month sucks for me. It can be good for you and simultaneously bad for me. Its OK.