• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So NJPW and ROH basically helped create a new competitor because they were arrogant. No wonder wwe been signing everyone up left and right.

NJPW are still doing record business in Japan, but the way they have managed their West expansion and gaijin signings is really disappointing. They let some of the biggest western talent in the indies get signed by the WWE (and this was before WWE was signing everyone); they have never given NJPW USA fans what they want, a full NJPW experience, to the point that the first show that appears is going to give it (the G1 one) is being meet with doubts and a general lack of interest; they depended too much on The Elite for their expansion; the last months have been a booking mess with the departure of The Elite; they refuse to fix their tag divisions; they created more pointless belts; and so on.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
There are way too many goddamn belts in New Japan.

Three singles titles would be a lot, five is overkill.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are way too many goddamn belts in New Japan.

Three singles titles would be a lot, five is overkill.

Yes, and it does not help how they book them. Only the IWGP HW is booked decently (even if the last months have been a mess with Omega reign and his departure).

The USA title is a waste of time; the Never is an interesting concept that sadly got forgotten until recently (basically a belt for any weight division and wrestlers not signed by NJPW); the IC title basically is a "we know you are more popular than our IWGP HW champion, here have this"; The IWGP Jr. division needs a reconstruction (looks like they are doing that with giving the belt to Lee and the rumored card for BoSJ, Kushida leaving was a blessing).

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
D4rQGwKUYAAf6dx.jpg

Jungle loving life in this new unit.

btw how tall is Rebel Kel? Is she huge or is it just the case of everyone on the roster being short?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It still baffles me that NJPW decided to not have a U.S. Title match at the MSG show.

I mean, if you're going to take the time to create a U.S. title in the first place, then you should have it defended on the biggest U.S. show in your company's history.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It still baffles me that NJPW decided to not have a U.S. Title match at the MSG show.

I mean, if you're going to take the time to create a U.S. title in the first place, then you should have it defended on the biggest U.S. show in your company's history.
Becasue they only had so much time and people rather see the ic or IWGP belt match. If it was a njpw full show then it would be on it

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Not enough room. They would have had to cut Bully Ray's challenge.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
D4rQGwKUYAAf6dx.jpg

btw how tall is Rebel Kel? Is she huge or is it just the case of everyone on the roster being short?

I don't think there's a single full time Stardom girl over 5'5"

Won't happen until AEW drops AAA.

NJPW values their relationship with cmll too much.

I know the reason, it's just silly that they're willing to cost themselves so much money over blind loyalty.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJPW seems to have zero idea how to market their shows and are solely relying on their name value in what isn't known as a big wrestling city. They at most mention the Dallas show once per show. I know people get annoyed by WWE excessively repeating certain things ($9.99 etc.) but that serves a purpose. Even at the MSG show they only mentioned it once.
WHat is there to market, the only reason these show are a thing is because they thought they would have omega and the bucks and friends. Maybe if they sold ticket before all in 2 they would have done better.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I think my Fave Five would be at the moment:
1. MAO
2. Daisuke Sasaki
3. Tetsuya Endo
4. Makoto Oishi
5. Yukio Sakaguchi

Mike Bailey would take the first or second place if he was signed with DDT.

Glad to see we're mostly in agreement with our lists, lol. Honestly in my case MAO and Sasaki are probably tied for first. And I really wanted to put Oishi on mine but there just wasn't room. He's definitely #6 for sure.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If Punk comes back I don't think it's about money, but more him being able to stick it to the WWE in AEW.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
WHat is there to market, the only reason these show are a thing is because they thought they would have omega and the bucks and friends. Maybe if they sold ticket before all in 2 they would have done better.
It's the G1. Only reason that's not enough is because they haven't quite delivered what people wanted in the past US shows. Yes we have some idea what it will be since it's the G1 but people are cautious. The commentary should at least be selling this constamtly as the huge exciting event it is and they should maybe release the names for the main event of the block early as that could put to rest any fears that we get White/other western star in the main as thats what they think the US audience wants.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the G1. Only reason that's not enough is because they haven't quite delivered what people wanted in the past US shows. Yes we have some idea what it will be since it's the G1 but people are cautious. The commentary should at least be selling this constamtly as the huge exciting event it is and they should maybe release the names for the main event of the block early as that could put to rest any fears that we get White/other western star in the main as thats what they think the US audience wants.
Exposure isn't the reason why people buying tickets. When you require people to fly in to major shows then things like this will happen. If the aew show wasn't happening I guarantee it would be doing better. Not to mention the lost of the buck and Kenny played a huge part in this show

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Becasue they only had so much time and people rather see the ic or IWGP belt match. If it was a njpw full show then it would be on it
They should've made time for it.

How? They had to share time with roh? What match would you replace it with?
The show ran 5 and a half hours in length. I'm sure they could've figured out a way to fit it into the card by adjusting the time of the other matches or by cutting a match like Rush/Castle.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If Punk comes back I don't think it's about money, but more him being able to stick it to the WWE in AEW.
I'm guessing Punk is cynical enough that he wouldn't even consider it until they're a proven success.

Which is a shame. Punk vs Omega would have been far more interesting than Jericho vs Omega.

Dude is 40 though, if he wants a comeback eventually and to not be remembered going out as a canned tomato in MMA, he's running out of time.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Omega is the only one that draws, the Bucks are valuable for their creativity and Cody is trash. Losing the rest is fine but losing kenny was crippling for their expansion plans.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
So NJPW and ROH basically helped create a new competitor because they were arrogant. No wonder wwe been signing everyone up left and right.

I'd say it's more ROH than anything. New Japan would have a pretty long build-out to actually being where AEW is at in a scenario where AEW didn't exist.

D4rQGwKUYAAf6dx.jpg

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Rebel_Kel

Billed at 6'0", so legitimately tall (gigantic in Japan)

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.twitch.tv/risedtwa

RISE is streaming a free replay of RISE 13: Legendary at 6 PM EST on Twitch.

Main Event is Kylie Rae v.s. Mercedes Martinez no-ropes submission which is definitely worth going out of your way to see (4*+ match). That should start around 8 or 8:15.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its Goldust. He's a special attraction they wheel out every once in awhile for nostalgia.

They got no reason to hold him back and he's not a threat in other promotions.
Its obvious where he would go though. It's not like WWE's never been petty and they know it's not in their interests to help a competitor.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So

Dean Ambrose
Sasha Banks
Rusev
Maria & Mike Kanellis
Tye Dillinger
The Revival
Hideo Itami
Luke Harper
Alexander Wolfe
Goldust

Have all either requested or gotten their releases in the past 2 months alone. Dang.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its obvious where he would go though. It's not like WWE's never been petty and they know it's not in their interests to help a competitor.
They would be petty with talent like The Revival and Sasha that could be an asset, not Dustin.

WWE are assholes but I think sometimes they're smart enough to know which battles are worth fighting and when to let things go.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The Bucks are but Cody is absolutely not.
Cody used the platform and momentum of the Bucks to turn himself into the face of everything they're doing

It is pretty much 100% on the Bucks (and Omega, but less so beyond "muh star ratings") but I think a lot of people see it as "that Cody Rhodes thing". I mean with AEW especially they are positioning it like it's Brandi and Cody's company

Status
Not open for further replies.