• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It was very brief about Liz's family. They only talked about her family when jake roberts slapped Liz during a match and Liz's family banned Savage from their house until he got even with Jake. I was expecting more but being only a hour long they had to put as much as possible. Next one on that is the Screw job doc
Yeah that's the only mention they got, I would've taken just a written statement after the mention of how Liz should be in the HoF regarding Liz's mother wanting absolutely nothing to do with the wrestling business, don't know about her sibilings but I know her mother blames the business for her death.
I still think it's crazy they got rid of King of the Ring.
Considering how desperate they are for content, yeah. At this point it should be a 32 man tournament if not round robin while you could give the women a "Queen of the Ring" too that's maybe 16.
Remember when they tried to spice this up with brawl for all?
VinceRussoSmiling.jpg

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
D4Akq2VUcAAHw3l.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Today, Mayu Iwatani announced on Twitter that she will take some much needed time off to heal a nagging knee injury. Iwatani suffered a torn MCL in December of this past year at a Stardom show and the knee never fully repaired itself.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
They're disbanding Stars, aren't they?

JAN lose (obviously) Mayu picks Kyona first and makes her leader whilst she's out with an injury to make up for last year. Natsuko goes with Hana and continues to do more of the straight heel shit she pulled vs Mayu. Mayu returns and in a switch joins Oedo Tai.

Though it's hat man so JAN probably loses then he forgets to even put them in another stable.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Sasha's luck, AEW would probably start going downhill and tank in the same year her contract goes up.

"Fuuuuckkk!"

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is the one TJPW match on DDT Coming to America indicative of their typical match quality? If so, I don't think I'm going to watch any more TJPW.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is the one TJPW match on DDT Coming to America indicative of their typical match quality? If so, I don't think I'm going to watch any more TJPW.
Tokyo Joshi is primarily a character focused promotion. They do have some good wrestlers/matches but there are a lot of rookies

My favorite way to describe TJPW is it feels like a troupe putting on a play or something.

That NYC match had Miyu (the best of their roster, their ace) vs Maki Itoh (someone who is generally on the lower tier in-ring, which is part of her character as the eternally defiant underdog, but she makes up for it with an insane amount of charisma)

I loved the NYC match because Itoh is getting better but it was also laid out in a way that completely masked her shortcomings (shorter match time helps, it was only 7 minutes but gave you everything you could want from those two)

If you saw that match and thought "hey i like these two and would like to see more" I'd recommend TJPW, If you weren't feeling it though, then yeah it's probably not the promotion for you.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Has Orange Cassidy ever faced Walter?

I want to know...need to know if he can keep his hands pocketed while getting chopped.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

As others have said it's primarily a character driven show though that match isn't a great example of their best match output. This is probably the best match I can find from this year that's up on their Youtube

Stardom, Ice Ribbon, Seadlinnng, and Sendai are better promotions if you're just looking for consistent workrate. Marvelous too but with the caveat that you need to appreciate rookie and comedy/character driven elements.

Last edited:

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
I need another night of Thuganomics. It was great to see Sina in that character. And the universe marked out to it

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I forgot about that.

Also, I just saw that Vice will have a six part wrestling documentary series, "The Dark Side of the Ring" hosted by Mick Foley. One of the parts deals with the Screwjob. I thought Bret would have put that behind him. Guess not.

When the last star in the sky reaches its inevitable heat death, and there is nothing but darkness and silence everywhere else, it will fade away and then a lone sound will whisper out into that unending darkness and that sound will be

"Bret screwed bret."

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The Ikkitousen Deathmatch Survivor final tomorrow is Masashi Takeda vs Isami Kodaka!
Rematch of one of the MOTYs from last year, hype!
D4DW4XPWAAM-W_o.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about that.

Also, I just saw that Vice will have a six part wrestling documentary series, "The Dark Side of the Ring" hosted by Mick Foley. One of the parts deals with the Screwjob. I thought Bret would have put that behind him. Guess not.

The one about Bruiser Brody is on YouTube, I thought it was pretty good. Fucking Tony Atlas man, can't imagine living with that.

Oct 25, 2017
I heard through the grape vine that Sasha and Bayley were floating the idea of quitting the business all together so they can go into UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.