• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i'm definitely now picturing them both taking a flat back bump, in full gear, and saying at a high volume "I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT LOSING THE TAG TITLES" over and over

seriously though i hope they can find a way out if they're miserable. what a god awful place to work, from the sounds of it.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing with Sasha and Bayley is more or less a major disaster for Vince now. What should he do? Letting them go probably won't happen, if they sign with AEW, then what's going to stop Asuka, Naomi, Sonya, Mandy, Ruby, et. al., from requesting releases because they're unhappy with their booking? And Vince is obviously too stubborn to change unless there's a major fan revolt.

There are some hard decisions that need to be made here.
Obviously if you're a decent boss you try to address any issue your employees are having as best you can. Vince isn't a good boss. I think we've already seen what he'll do with Neville. I think I've read that Sasha just signed like a 5 year deal? She can sit at home for the next five years doing nothing. I don't think you can release her right now, considering AEW is about the start and them snatching her up would be a gigantic nightmare.

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless if Satin is right or wrong.

Banks or Bayley shouldn't be crying. They should be respecting the decision.

This is the issues with today's wrestler. Don't get what you want and then cry about it. It worked with the rerival for a bit.

The same will happen with AEW eventually. When you have a roster that big then you can't please everyone. There has to be some winners and some losers.

I didn't see Asuka crying when she lost her title two weeks before Wrestlemania and was pushed in the battle royale. She'd be a professional and probably see out her contract then leave.

Regardless Bayley and Banks were just boring together anyway. Both should have been drafted on different shows. Build Sasha as the heel of Smackdown and then have her feud with Becky eventually. Bayley is just a wet blanket with no charisma.

WWE can't please everyone. They got nearly all the title changes right last week yet people were still moaning.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

This is the issues with today's wrestler. Don't get what you want and then cry about it. It worked with the rerival for a bit.

LMFAO

"Today's wrestlers"

As if this business wasn't built on wrestlers telling bookers "that won't work for me brother".

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The same will happen with AEW eventually. When you have a roster that big then you can't please everyone. There has to be some winners and some losers.

I didn't see Asuka crying when she lost her title two weeks before Wrestlemania and was pushed in the battle royale. She'd be a professional and probably see out her contract then leave.

Regardless Bayley and Banks were just boring together anyway. Both should have been drafted on different shows. Build Sasha as the heel of Smackdown and then have her feud with Becky eventually. Bayley is just a wet blanket with no charisma.

WWE can't please everyone. They got nearly all the title changes right last week yet people were still moaning.
What is this trash?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

"today's wrestler"

wrestlers crying about creative has been a thing since the beginning of time. except back in the day you would have guys faking an injury, no showing, or showing up 2 hours before their match "not diggin the creative, brother"

edit: holy shit sibersk read my god damn mind

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

This is dumb. As a professional, you want to feel rewarded for hard work you put in. Constantly getting passed up at every opportunity just because you don't have the look your boss thinks is hot is literally discrimination. But since it's pro wrestling it gets handwaved away. If they aren't happy, they should be able to leave.

Oct 28, 2017
I love what Sasha and Bayley are doing. It's fucking awesome and MORE people in the WWE (and generally) should stick up for themselves.

Their booking has consistently sucked for years. Everyone thought Bayley would be the female Cena and David Shoemaker wrote about how Sasha could be the biggest crossover star in WWE period around the time she was getting called up. It's a total joke that they are where they are at right now.

I looooooove the IIconics but it's clear that there was a long term plan for Bayley and Sasha with the belts that was scrapped because Vince wanted a bunch of title changes at Mania for no reason. They didn't have them go down and cut a promo at Full Sail for no reason.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Today's wrestler?

Do you know why Randy Savage became WWF Champ at Mania IV

I'll give you a hint someone who got put into the Hall of Fame this year refused to drop the IC title to him

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

Yeah. I agree that Asuka will probably see out her contract and leave. She should, considering she got completely fucked over two weeks before Wrestlemania. But to say she hasn't spoken out about it is a lie. She went radio silent on social media until after Wrestlemania pretty much. And silence speaks louder than words sometimes. And when people gave her shit for her English skills, she replied with "People like Chewbacca and R2D2 and they don't speak English".

I think its pretty obvious she's getting sick of Vince's bullshit at this point. It doesn't help that you had a bunch of the roster outright tweeting that it was bullshit that Asuka lost the title that close to Wrestlemania. And with the blonde obsession booting back into full gear it seems, the division about to enter yet another dark period.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
edit: holy shit sibersk read my god damn mind
hogan-and-macho-man.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to hear Sasha and Bayley's side of the story.

I'm almost certain they were told their feud was leading to a big match at Wrestlemania where they'd be able to re-enact their legendary NXT matches... oops never mind after 8 months of garbage feuding, backstage brawls that are forgotten by the next week and overall treading in water, SORRY PALS PLANS CHANGE we're launching these tag belts and we need you as friends. 12 months of treading water later OK WE'RE READY TO DO THESE WOMENS TAG BELTS NOW bayley and sasha win, great moment, 2 years of bullshit pays off, and 20 days later OK ICONICS ARE GOING OVER AT MANIA

like fuck. that's 2 years wasted right there to people who are clearly passionate about this stuff and don't just view it as some job.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

Weird the idiot guy running that bad account tried to attack the women by using that quote from Nash, when he could have instead shown support for the women by using one of the million quotes from Nash about how you don't owe the company jack just because they employ you and think that's reason enough to mistreat you, and if you're able to screw them over you should take advantage of it

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good I see w'ere back to lumping in Alexa with the crappy push du jour

First it was Carmella
Now it's Lacey

Reminder Bliss is actually over and you know a good talker and shit. You can hate her push whatever, but stop acting like she doesn't have talents that got her over,

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017

is this a parody post? cause it sure as hell feels like it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Oh good I see w'ere back to lumping in Alexa with the crappy push du jour

First it was Carmella
Now it's Lacey

Reminder Bliss is actually over and you know a good talker and shit. You can hate her push whatever, but stop acting like she doesn't have talents that got her over,
Thats cool and all. I'm pretty comfortable shitting on her for the foreseeable future for continuing to suck in the ring though.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
All joking aside, To be fair, it would be pretty fucking horrible if Elias was pushed as a serious contender at the top of his division as hard and consistently as Alexa is.

I doubt I would feel the same if he was taken more seriously.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit.

I thought I covered my tracks better than that.

You win this round, Excel.

I win every round.

Look I'm not even defending her booking, I never really have said it was good, but I will any time point out that she has talent that has allowed to get over and stay over far beyond the Carmellas, the Dana Brookes and the future Lacey Evans.... and so I take huge exception to posts that insinuate she has done nothing to earn it, especially because it often comes down as reducing her to her body and hair colour and that's fucking gross

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

TBH that couldn't have been scripted better.

For me.

Immediately my mind goes to Elias when people rail on how awful Bliss is in ring and whatever whatever

That you literally had a post openly admitting to not caring about his in ring work and wanting him to rule a dvision for 3 years?!

I loved it.

Good on you for taking the ownage with integrity :)

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 days): gratuitous personal attacks against another member
I think it's pretty clear wrassle-reporters behave like that shitstain Schreier. The money is in getting the fans worked up. They'll do the rest of your job for you.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I actually liked Carmella for a good while when she was treated as kind of/sort of a joke in the division.

When she actually became a champion and a bigger spotlight? Good lord, that was a nightmare with everything that followed with Asuka. She got exposed so hard.

Couldn't ask for a better example of what happens if you take a decent comedy act and push it too far.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hana should win the Cinderella so she can make a joke out of it and destroy the dress they ask her to wear

Oct 26, 2017
UK
AZM deserves better for her first tournament match.

KCGic4r.jpg

This on the other hand will be 10 minute surprise draw of the year assuming there's no Kagetko bullshit

JEEX5PK.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.