• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im shocked that Mace hasnt been fired yet. Not because I find him bad or anything but because it feels like he has been wandering in between the main rostet and nxt for like 4-5 years and they have cut people with more prominent roles

Btw I recall that when the BCC angle started Bryan proposed Moxley to form a group with Wheeler Yuta and someone else. Who was the other guy?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im shocked that Mace hasnt been fired yet. Not because I find him bad or anything but because it feels like he has been wandering in between the main rostet and nxt for like 4-5 years and they have cut people with more prominent roles

Btw I recall that when the BCC angle started Bryan proposed Moxley to form a group with Wheeler Yuta and someone else. Who was the other guy?
He's mentioned Lee Moriarty and Daniel Garcia.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

Watch "Cake and Violence" on Streamable.

I dont agree with the Danhausen criticism honestly, but I do agree that there are some angles in AEW that their fans will never shut about if they happened in the WWE

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

I dont agree with the Danhausen criticism honestly, but I do agree that there are some angles in AEW that their fans will never shut about if they happened in the WWE
He's on the nose about Danhausen. I know nothing about him and (currently) have no reason to care about him, and frankly he looks like a geek and I don't really want to watch him unless there's a reason to.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

I really like Danhausen, but he's absolutely right. He's been there for months and it feels like Tony Khan just slipped him into the show randomly without any context or reason for people to care about him whatsoever.

I think he could really work if they gave him a weekly Conan-esque talk show on Dynamite or Rampage and just let him go wild with his character work live in front of people. It could even be pre-taped, just have him follow that same Late Night talk show structure with some variety stuff up-front like a monologue and have other members of the roster as guests.

Shit, give him a weird inanimate sidekick like that robot skeleton from the Craig Ferguson show. Do something.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

If you know the Danhausen character, I think what he does is understandable. But that comes with the catch that you are aware of his gimmick before joining AEW. Right now he's a "smart" character in the company, he's not one that's been explained to the audience.

Why haven't they done this? Are they saving promo time for people who can wrestle and he's still hurt?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

My issue with the pro-AEW crowd is that whenever you criticize AEW, they compare it to what WWE is doing.

Bro I don't give a fuck what WWE is doing and haven't given a fuck about it in over a decade. Like Vince lives god damn rent free in these peoples heads. And I imagine there are WWE fans who get the same shit when they try to criticize WWE. I'm criticizing AEW because Scorpio Sky and Sammy Guevara can't draw a dime. It is a totally isolated incident from whatever garbage WWE is currently doing.

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
If you know the Danhausen character, I think what he does is understandable. But that comes with the catch that you are aware of his gimmick before joining AEW. Right now he's a "smart" character in the company, he's not one that's been explained to the audience.

Why haven't they done this? Are they saving promo time for people who can wrestle and he's still hurt?

I wondered about his injury too. The main appeal of Danhausen is the way he speaks and forces other wrestlers to keep up with his weird character, but he only gets to talk in AEW's youtube videos.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Isnt the idea of Danhausen that he is mostly a comic relief character? I never heard of him before, only knew he has a following in the IWC before his AEW debut, and so far I think his character works in that way, but maybe Im missing something

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
AEW definitely coasting on Danhausen being weird and over. Hopefully they'll let him do more once he's healed up.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I had only heard of Danhausen through occasional posts here, so his appearances on AEW have left me pretty cold. I don't find him particularly funny in any way, and it just feels like he's been thrown out there to sink or swim. I tend to skip anything he's been involved with of late.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I think I need to go back to bed after making this post...uncanny.

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Danhausen sucks. I was fine with OC at the beginning when he didn't wrestle because you knew he could go. Danhausen on the other hand is a average at best wrestler who's gimmick does nothing for me.

Edit: I will say that the Regal bit did get me laugh, but that was mostly due to Regal's acting.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Danhausen sucks. I was fine with OC at the beginning when he didn't wrestle because you knew he could go. Danhausen on the other hand is a average at best wrestler who's gimmick does nothing for me.

Edit: I will say that the Regal bit did get me laugh, but that was mostly due to Regal's acting.
My long bet is that they start using Danhausen as an interviewer for bits which he would absolutely kill at as he has shown in the past.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think AEW is using Danhausen perfect. I wish in fact I got alittle more Danhausen. As long as he stays towards the bottom of the card and is working openers I have no issue with him. He is pretty funny and people love him. Having him pop up every now and then in random segments is fine as long as they don't overdo it. Have a star and you want them to get heat fast? Have them crush Danhausen.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm not a fan but I'm fine with Danhausen for what he is , OC is better though (OC is good in ring , Danhausen is just ok).

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm waiting for WWE to decide to turn him heel and for Cody to turn around and say how him being against it before was wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Cody's only crime was trying to satisfy the marks that would've watched AEW anyway in the beginning and still found reasons to complain about him later on.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt the only way (In cody eyes) to disregard the stipulation was for the fans to DEMAND its removal?

Seems like the most sane way (heel turn) was a no no for cody

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Cody "leaving" and coming back with a new contract could've voided that dumbass stipulation. But nah, he needs to feed his starving family.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
streamable.com

Cake and Violence

Absolutely agree with Bryan's take on Danhausen. I like the guy but TK hasn't given people a reason to care about him since he was slipped into the show. He just shows up, does a curse, and that's it.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
I had zero familiarity with Danhausen prior to his turning up in AEW so my opinion is based on that but frankly he does absolutely nothing for me.

His comedy is totally one-note and so off-kilter from everything else on the show that it's become obvious they don't seem to know what to do with him but since he moves merch they just keep putting him on TV.

I just wish they would get him the hell away from HOOK as it makes no sense for HOOK to have not decimated him the first time he showed up and tried to...ugh..."curse" him. God imagine if they make HOOK's first loss to Danhausen of all people - bah! I also don't get people wanting them to team up, AEW is absolutely loaded with quality tag teams and don't need 2 randoms thrown together WWE-style.

The other thing I don't get is people seem to mostly agree that Danhausen is only an OK wrestler...so why would you wan't him on a TV show that prides itself on the quality of its in-ring product? Maybe I'm just getting old and I'm just yelling at clouds here.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had zero familiarity with Danhausen prior to his turning up in AEW so my opinion is based on that but frankly he does absolutely nothing for me.

His comedy is totally one-note and so off-kilter from everything else on the show that it's become obvious they don't seem to know what to do with him but since he moves merch they just keep putting him on TV.

I just wish they would get him the hell away from HOOK as it makes no sense for HOOK to have not decimated him the first time he showed up and tried to...ugh..."curse" him. God imagine if they make HOOK's first loss to Danhausen of all people - bah! I also don't get people wanting them to team up, AEW is absolutely loaded with quality tag teams and don't need 2 randoms thrown together WWE-style.

The other thing I don't get is people seem to mostly agree that Danhausen is only an OK wrestler...so why would you wan't him on a TV show that prides itself on the quality of its in-ring product? Maybe I'm just getting old and I'm just yelling at clouds here.

AEW is more sports entertainment than some of its fanbase pretends to be, acts like Danhausen fits well in the overall of the show imo

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Wrestling should be able to be stupid fun when it wants, and it's hard to top Conan O'Brien character in wrestling form in that regard. However, yeah, from the bits I've seen, it does seem like AEW's having some difficulty with best integrating Danhausen.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Ezekiel Jackson was on The Price is Right today

It was Sibling's day, and his kids got to be on stage. they won $5k and made it to the Showcase at the end.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I didn't know Danhausen before AEW, and I've been having an absolute blast watching him appearing from time to time. I started watching his vlogs too, they're pretty funny, and I love that the guy never breaks character basically.

Keep him coming. He has like 15 seconds of TV time a week anyway.