• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
saw a whole lot of racism from people online comparing the new guy at the end of the show to Great Khali
Thank you!

Seeing the discussions going on about the debut have made me feel really uncomfortable. Too many people feeling comfortable talking like he is some token Indian or that tall Indians are interchangeable.

Don't get me wrong, they booked the angle wrong but that's a different issue.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I mean, they see tall Indian guy and compare it to the only tall Indian guy they know, the same was done for that NXT team, people went as far as calling them Khali's sons lol, it's the wrestling bubble, not worth stressing yourself over it

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I liked Suzuki vs Joe but I didn't love it.

I felt like it wasn't long enough.
Yeah pretty much. I think you can still do a brief match where it's just a constant respectful back and forth but that finish in particular just came outta nowhere. Should've been more of a struggle in the corner for Joe to finally hit it but they were clearly pressed for time.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The Crash booking Marty Scurll and Travis Banks as a tag team is the sleaziest thing I've seen in wrestling in a long, long time.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Orton recently on a radio interview: "when Vince [McMahon] was on he talked about your number one priority, above all, being protecting your opponent. That's not taught necessarily in NXT. And I know that because I've been in the ring with guys that came from NXT, and they don't know what the fuck they're doing. And it's unfortunate."

It's funny that when he said that we got a lot of "fuck Randy Orton" posts giving him shit for saying that when he really wasn't wrong. And those posts were a couple of weeks later of peopel giving Ridge Holland shit for being unsafe to work with.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Booker of the year is a pretty low bar these days.

I don't know how true is an analysis that most of the good booking angles in AEW came from people that has a lot of self input on their angles and/or ARE exciting debuts that later start fading away because there was never that much thought after the debut

But I'm not sure if wrestlers have that much input to basically decide most of their feuds, and also even if all of this is true, TK is probably still the best booker in the business now lol

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
You guys must be new to William Regal if you didn't know he was really good at silly stuff

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

FQMrrqNXsAEK1kS

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
CM Punk vs MJF happened in 2022. The bar is high.
And I'd bet you that was more Punk and MJF than it was Tony. Besides, there use to be hot and hotter angles going on all over the country in various territories. The biggest competition is and WWE what they do is not what I'd call booking. There's not really any competition on the booking in the US and from what I've seen, New Japan is stuck in another rut.

I don't know how true is an analysis that most of the good booking angles in AEW came from people that has a lot of self input on their angles and/or ARE exciting debuts that later start fading away because there was never that much thought after the debut

But I'm not sure if wrestlers have that much input to basically decide most of their feuds, and also even if all of this is true, TK is probably still the best booker in the business now lol
I think you can see who's booking/putting together what from the quality of segments, Punk and Bryan for example clearly have a ton of control over what they're doing.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
And I'd bet you that was more Punk and MJF than it was Tony.

TK did surprise Punk with his RoH gear and song for his entrance at the blow off match. Punk was in tears when he found out.

Edit: That was an hugely important detail that made the blow off match just perfect. So I disagree.

Last edited:

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Are Vince and Linda still together? Everything points to them being divorced or at least not being together for a long time...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Mox knows who Danhausen is, his wife is a big fanhausen, she even let Danhausen host her podcast for a bit!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Willow and The Briscoes both showing up on Impact. Cardona and Chelsea are what Sammy and Tay should also be doing. They play the heel part so good together.

Last edited: