• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
image28fjyb.jpg

5281cff66ff0c64968b5d7a48a950ef646551ad9_00.gif

Best facial expressions in the game

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So this is my first time seeing The Acclaimed.

...is that all they do? Say rhymes worse than Cena in his Thuganomics days?

Bowens has banger singles matches from time to time, too. They've got a really solid gimmick and complement each other well as a tag team. One of their heel things is using Bowens' boombox during matches to try to get dirty wins. Also, everybody loves The Acclaimed.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Bowens has banger singles matches from time to time, too. They've got a really solid gimmick and complement each other well as a tag team. One of their heel things is using Bowens' boombox during matches to try to get dirty wins. Also, everybody loves The Acclaimed.
I've never been one to put workrate on a pedestal, so a wrestler's personality and charisma are more important. And so far I've seen nothing about The Acclaimed that makes me want to see more of their matches.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The Acclaimed are an easy skip whenever I see them. I guess they're alright as a goofy job heel team, but that's about it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've never been one to put workrate on a pedestal, so a wrestler's personality and charisma are more important. And so far I've seen nothing about The Acclaimed that makes me want to see more of their matches.

Not sure if you've seen any of the music videos they've done going into some of their matches.

I get that not everyone connects to everyone in the same way, though. For instance, I think they've got plenty of charisma and personality, and generally connect well with live crowds.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
narrator: "he didn't and he's gonna continue hatin"

Nah Caster is great for what he's supposed to be in that tongue in cheek sense. No one's expecting high art. He's not Macklemore saying things that need to be said!
i put it on my "watch later" list you lousy sponge

i got shit to do today + i'm seeing Sonic 2, aka the Morbius Killer

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
My only complaint about the Acclaimed is I have zero interest seeing Caster in the ring, and the act is always better when Bowens is the one wrestling and Caster is the manager.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Probably too early and too experienced for Joey Samoey to join up with BCC, but I bet they tease something considering his history with Bryan and Regal.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I kinda wish I'd waited for the belated (UK) TV dynamite to see the FTR/Bucks match instead of checking the youtube snippet, this crowd are IN to this.

edit: but it's worth it for some Joey Samoey, right now

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
By all means, take pride in your relationship and the happiness it bestows upon you.

But it's not exactly the most endearing or relatable trait if you're trying to be a babyface amongst WRESTLING FANS.

So pls turn heel, have we not learned from Becky and Seff?!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I'm worried that Tay and Sammy are going to take the wrong message from the boos and the general negative reception to the last few segments they've had.

They took a lot of undeserved toxic shit online when their relationship came out from the typical shitheads that no one should have to go through. I hope they don't see all this as just an extention of that and as people hating on their relationship in general.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The thing I probably love most about AEW right now is how many wrestlers everyone thought was washed up or "never that good" get to showcase just how good they (still) are.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from Brock Lesnar, Ken Shamrock, and Dan Severn, Tom Lawlor is one of the few (underrated) MMA to pro-wrestling I've seen today.

The thing I probably love most about AEW right now is how many wrestlers everyone thought was washed up or "never that good" get to showcase just how good they (still) are.

You can thank Vince for hoarding and putting down said wrestlers.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like AEW is going to be putting their shows on NJPWorld

That's actually wild.

I wonder if this is the streaming deal that was so heavily rumored. That HBO Max deal probably isn't happening then.

Shooting on Fatu genuinely seems like one of the dumbest things you can do. La Park then proceeding to act like he doesn't understand English is peak carny.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like AEW is going to be putting their shows on NJPWorld

That's actually wild.

I wonder if this is the streaming deal that was so heavily rumored. That HBO Max deal probably isn't happening then.

Shooting on Fatu genuinely seems like one of the dumbest things you can do. La Park then proceeding to act like he doesn't understand English is peak carny.

AEW on NJPW World is Japan only so I doubt that affects any current talks for streaming elsewhere.

Also fuck the Parks 😆 those guys are only ever working for themselves.