• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Taking something organic and giving it the full corporate makeover, very on brand for WWE
Yep. I said it before but doing the odd reference or callback is fun but considering they have done so much of this across their social media it just screams desperate and inauthentic.

It's also feels like a dig at AEW but also using it as if it's their own thing, like the "Cody is WWE" image they used.

Makes me laugh because WWE (Wrestlers and fans) cry about AEW bring low class and how they can't keep WWE out of their mouth and yet the moment they can do something themselves they throw everything at it.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Taking something organic and giving it the full corporate makeover, very on brand for WWE

Yep. I said it before but doing the odd reference or callback is fun but considering they have done so much of this across their social media it just screams desperate and inauthentic.

It's also feels like a dig at AEW but also using it as if it's their own thing, like the "Cody is WWE" image they used.

Makes me laugh because WWE (Wrestlers and fans) cry about AEW bring low class and how they can't keep WWE out of their mouth and yet the moment they can do something themselves they throw everything at it.
Honestly it's pretty in line with WWE's social media strategy.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
first of all, this is super cute. Second of all, dude i'm all for this new Becky look.

You know, people shit on them for re-signing with WWE and whatnot, but maybe staying with your friends getting paid wads of money isn't the worst idea in the worst from their perspective >_>

Also I didnt know KO and Becky (and Sami) went way back.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
who is the dude banned from the arena in those posters around the ring? Wardlow?

My only access to AEW (well, to any wrestling) is youtube lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I do like that the AEW clips are much longer than the WWE ones, AEW ones are usually a good 7-8mins of a match.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I do like that the AEW clips are much longer than the WWE ones, AEW ones are usually a good 7-8mins of a match.
I felt this on the Cody return clip. Should've been from when Seth's music stopped to when Cody got into the ring. The whole thing is very rewatchable, and I bet it would have had double the views at least if it was more than just 1 minute.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
first of all, this is super cute. Second of all, dude i'm all for this new Becky look.

You know, people shit on them for re-signing with WWE and whatnot, but maybe staying with your friends getting paid wads of money isn't the worst idea in the worst from their perspective >_>

Sami and KO had some amazing matches both as a tag team and against each other in ROH.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
oh Joe is on AEW? I thought he was part of that ROH relaunch?

They posted the "Samoa Joe is All Elite!"-tweet immediately after his appearance at the ROH show.
At this point they don't have a TV-deal for ROH and no announced next show either so who knows how long it'll be before we start seeing what "actual ROH" will be like.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017

100%. If they're getting job satisfaction, they're earning amazing money, they're working schedules they're happy with and they're with their good friends all the time? I don't begrudge them. Selfishly, of course, yes I want to see Steen vs Omega etc, but I don't understand people hating on them simply because they haven't gone to somewhere else.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if winning the WWE title was part of Cody contract?

Does Vince work that way? Also I loved The Acclaimed rap this week

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I watched Cody's RAW entrance and it was very amusing to say the least. First stuck in that cheap box elevator with a slide. Then the super late pyro.

Being how tacky Vince and WWE can be, I wonder if it's an accident or a prelude for things to come.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Tony Khan:
viyr68L.gif

data west

Oct 25, 2017
My big problem with Seth is that he's been the exact same god damn character since he turned on the Shield

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

I guess when NFL is making $110 billion off its tv deal, and NBA is making $75 billion, UFC, F1 and WWE are niche in comparison, yeah.

I have a hard time classifying the biggest show every Monday night as niche, or a Conor fight that draws millions of buys on PPV in 2022 as niche, but hey.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess when NFL is making $110 billion off its tv deal, and NBA is making $75 billion, UFC, F1 and WWE are niche in comparison, yeah.

I have a hard time classifying the biggest show every Monday night as niche, or a Conor fight that draws millions of buys on PPV in 2022 as niche, but hey.
Those figures make the Premier League, of all things, seem niche.