• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Can't really say there's much competition for that role at the moment

The absolute disrespect to my new boy Ezekiel.

wwe-hhh.gif

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Wait, I didn't want RAW after Elias' brother debuted. Is EDGE a vampire again? They should use the Brood theme.

Also I strongly believe they made Zeke shave his beard right before the show.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this Cody v Roman "family legacy" feud writes itself, even they can't screw it up right?

giphy.gif

I still maintain Cody beats Roman at SS for the title(s), has his little summer title run (off season when it "doesn't matter") and then drops it back to Roman sometime before the next WM. Probably faces Seth again at Backlash or whatever is next after WM, and gets some filler feuds before Roman at SS. Assuming Roman's arm isnt fucked up that is.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
this Cody v Roman "family legacy" feud writes itself, even they can't screw it up right?

giphy.gif

I still maintain Cody beats Roman at SS for the title(s), has his little summer title run (off season when it "doesn't matter") and then drops it back to Roman sometime before the next WM. Probably faces Seth again at Backlash or whatever is next after WM, and gets some filler feuds before Roman at SS. Assuming Roman's arm isnt fucked up that is.
Assuming the arm's fine—or they can bide their time until it is—I don't see Roman dropping it until the Rock. Even then, they might make him go over the Rock, but still: I think we're in for another year of him holding the title.

THAT BEING SAID: I don't think they'll have one title at all for that time, I think they'll introduce a new one that means Cody can *technically* hold the belt, it just won't be the actual belt.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017
So Bron won the NXT title on RAW. I'm trying to understand this decision. Because more people watch the Raw after Wrestlemania?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
If WWE can't add the Codyvator into it's stage, or they can't come-up with a more elegant solution, he's gotta drop the rising-up entrance. The giant black box hiding elevating him from ground level, and then him walking down an added little moving truck ramp looked hilariously dumb.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can understand the briscoes but why the beef, Beef, with FTR?
I know I wasn't happy when they first joined AEW because the very first thing they did was go on Cornettes podcast. Apparently I wasn't the only one because it caused them a lot of heat backstage (MJF I know was pissed at them apparently) so that did put me off them for quite a while.

They have seemed better since though so my annoyance has died down and I can just enjoy them as performers now.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I know I wasn't happy when they first joined AEW because the very first thing they did was go on Cornettes podcast. Apparently I wasn't the only one because it caused them a lot of heat backstage (MJF I know was pissed at them apparently) so that did put me off them for quite a while.

They have seemed better since though so my annoyance has died down and I can just enjoy them as performers now.
That's fair.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sadly Cornette still gets a pass from tonnes of wrestling people simply because he has good stories of the old times but I'm always reminding people that he is a piece of shit and should be ignored.

Actually got into an argument with Tom from cultaholic on Twitter after he took a response personally and started giving me snarky comments and acting like I was some crusader lol.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
If WWE can't add the Codyvator into it's stage, or they can't come-up with a more elegant solution, he's gotta drop the rising-up entrance. The giant black box hiding elevating him from ground level, and then him walking down an added little moving truck ramp looked hilariously dumb.
Yeah, that looked really cheap and out of place compared to everything else. Like, 1993 level cheap.

The storyline Cody has come up with for himself is pretty smart though, as it basically forces WWE to give him the title, and soon. Unless they wanna be dumb, which is always a possibility.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Someone sent me a pic of new Elias without saying who it was, and I legit thought that the leaner, meaner Chris Masters was back

Imagine my disappointment when reading the reports and finding out it was Elias.

Still no Bayley?
....good, I guess, this way I'm not tempted to view anything

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that looked really cheap and out of place compared to everything else. Like, 1993 level cheap.

The storyline Cody has come up with for himself is pretty smart though, as it basically forces WWE to give him the title, and soon. Unless they wanna be dumb, which is always a possibility.
My favourite bit of the box was when he had to stand there waiting for it to rise. Like a lemon. Sidebar: the camerawork on his lift is fucking dismal.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ahh I see you guys still chose submitting yourself to 3 hours of RAW

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Come on now, don't get worked like that.
When someone can work me, it usually means I'm enjoying it.

I'm guessing the Codyvator entrance & pyro must be in his contract, but yeah, hopefully they can add it to the stage in the future.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lol, were they expecting the crowd to sing-along Cody theme?

It's funny how some WWE fans and even their Wrestlers complain about AEW doing digs at WWE and yet WWEs social media accounts are constantly referencing or just copy AEW stuff.

Once or twice would be fine for a laugh but when you just keep outright copying the competition it just comes across as trying to steal their ideas.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Cody's little head sitting there, popped out of the box waiting for the lift made me laugh so much.

CUT AWAY from it until it's rising or just drop it completely if they can't do a proper one. Seeing his head like that and laughing is not what they're going for I imagine.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh I see you guys still chose submitting yourself to 3 hours of RAW
I don't comment much in here, mostly just read along each month but it must be a good couple of years since I've so many posts reacting live to Raw. Seems like WWE really did reignite some old fans to take a peek. (Or was that the Cody factor!?) Will be interesting to see the quarters tonight.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I don't comment much in here, mostly just read along each month but it must be a good couple of years since I've so many posts reacting live to Raw. Seems like WWE really did reignite some old fans to take a peek. (Or was that the Cody factor!?) Will be interesting to see the quarters tonight.

Wrestlemania usually gets a few more eyes

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

It totally was expected. I'm joking around, but I did catch the Cody segment (then moved on). And I think it's def a factor. I mean, I've been repeating myself, but the fact that it's not just Cody Rhodes, but AEW's Cody Rhodes is an actual big development in the Pro-Wrestling/Sports Entertainment business.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Seeing a bunch of people online praising the Cody promo, how refreshing it is, and all of that. Really wish some of these people seeing a pro wrestler cut an authentic promo would realize there's more than one pro wrestling company out there, and that unscripted, earnest promos happen all the time in AEW. Just funny to see.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Wrestlemania usually gets a few more eyes

It totally was expected. I'm joking around, but I did catch the Cody segment (then moved on). And I think it's def a factor. I mean, I've been repeating myself, but the fact that it's not just Cody Rhodes, but AEW's Cody Rhodes is an actual big development in the Pro-Wrestling/Sports Entertainment business.

Will be interesting if those people stick around or come to their senses

Gontrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how some WWE fans and even their Wrestlers complain about AEW doing digs at WWE and yet WWEs social media accounts are constantly referencing or just copy AEW stuff.

Once or twice would be fine for a laugh but when you just keep outright copying the competition it just comes across as trying to steal their ideas.
I also think it's funny that they were expecting the crowd to sing with Cody song but they ended up singing Rollins' song. Cody must have been like: "Here we go again".

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a bunch of people online praising the Cody promo, how refreshing it is, and all of that. Really wish some of these people seeing a pro wrestler cut an authentic promo would realize there's more than one pro wrestling company out there, and that unscripted, earnest promos happen all the time in AEW. Just funny to see.

What was often one of the worst segments on AEW TV becomes by far the best segment on WWE TV lol

Unfortunately they'll beat it out of him. Within 6 months he'll be a heel blaming "each and every one of you people"

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
What was often one of the worst segments on AEW TV becomes by far the best segment on WWE TV lol

Unfortunately they'll beat it out of him. Within 6 months he'll be a heel blaming "each and every one of you people"

Nah. It really seems like they're committed to this journey of his. He's easily their top babyface outside of maybe Bianca by the sounds of it. I do wonder if they'd pull the plug on him the second they feel the fans are bored of him or something. Also curious to see the quarterly hours for Raw whenever
/if they become available. Is Cody a draw? Probably yes, for at least one night.

Still in the honeymoon phase for fans and for management when it comes to Cody.

Side swipe here, but I find it tasteless that he has publicly said he has one of the biggest money contracts in wrestling now. Work or shoot, why say that at all.

But yeah, I'll be curious to follow this through Ting and Pollock.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021

And he immediately steps in to being by far their biggest babyface and the biggest one they've had in the men's division for a while.

Despite being consistently one of the worst segments on Dynamite, and a babyface the crowd were flat out rejecting. It's kind of wild. Everyone wins.