• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because people talk like the McMahon match buried McAfee which if he was a regular in ring performer I would say it was a burial but being what he is, it's fine. Austin Theory on the other hand? Completely and hilariously buried. Not only did he, a regularly competing in ring performer, get beat by McAfee, a commentator, but then Vince, a 76 year old man, beats the guy Theory couldn't beat and then Theory gets stunned. GEEK. Absolute geek. lol. This is the guy Vince thinks is the next John Cena.
I've said this before and continue to say it: Remember when Theory was the most talked about guy in the the indies? Imagine if Daniel Garcia was in his spot?

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder and don't blame people for not going as hard as they did in their indie days when I see Styles and Nakamura not putting in the match quality they have done in the past. Thinking its due to their age and body being more beat up.

But then I see Danielson putting arguably his best work yet and just think its just a motivation thing...or Danielson is simply out of his mind. Probably a bit of both.

Wrestling at 40+ can't be easy. Even Danielson had to retire at one point in his career. I don't judge them for taking it easy all things considered.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
If that (usually short) fluff Internet WWE backstage interview with Cody yesterday is anything to go by, WWE viewers are certainly in for a... time with Cody.

He waffles on about nothing for like 5min while the interviewer is nervously smiling like wtf just say the line and we're out instead he goes off on a hundred tangents talking forever without actually saying anything.

He must have got such a sweet deal if he's allowed to just continue his AEW Cody self shit but in this WWE environment. Makes me think Vince doesn't even know what he's getting himself into, just wanted to 'get one back' over the competition at any cost.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
He must have got such a sweet deal if he's allowed to just continue his AEW Cody self shit but in this WWE environment. Makes me think Vince doesn't even know what he's getting himself into, just wanted to 'get one back' over the competition at any cost.
Pretty much. I wonder if Vince will make an entranceway specifically for Cody?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take some totally serious soul searching, but I think night 2 of mania was worse than even WM27
An impressive feat, though it's not quite as damning as I'd like it to be because it was partly due to them stacking night 1 with the decent stuff, and night 1's Belair/Lynch was better than anything at the infamously bad WM27, both events have a three star cody match though, how about that?

Every time I'm away from the WWE product for an extended period, I'm always amazed when I go back for one misguided PPV hit, and i'm utterly bombarded with their sheer amount of WWE-isms
Reading the results on a weekly basis and having a sensible chuckle at the booking is one thing, but when you're back watching and are assaulted by video packages, the camera cuts, the commentary verbiage, the dumb nicknames, the inevitable short changing of good wrestlers contrasted against some olds sauntering around the stage/ring for 5 minutes to bask in nostalgic adoration...
It's just, so bad

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take some totally serious soul searching, but I think night 2 of mania was worse than even WM27
An impressive feat, though it's not quite as damning as I'd like it to be because it was partly due to them stacking night 1 with the decent stuff, and night 1's Belair/Lynch was better than anything at the infamously bad WM27, both events have a three star cody match though, how about that?

Every time I'm away from the WWE product for an extended period, I'm always amazed when I go back for one misguided PPV hit, and i'm utterly bombarded with their sheer amount of WWE-isms
Reading the results on a weekly basis and having a sensible chuckle at the booking is one thing, but when you're back watching and are assaulted by video packages, the camera cuts, the commentary verbiage, the dumb nicknames, the inevitable short changing of good wrestlers contrasted against some olds sauntering around the stage/ring for 5 minutes to bask in nostalgic adoration...
It's just, so bad
Thank for saying what needed to be said.

I think John F Kennedy said it (in regards to the CIA): "I want to take the CIA, splinter it into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind." This is what needs to happen to the WWE. Just complete reorganization from top to bottom, starting with Vince.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bianca's eye is okay after that botched Molly Go Round that caught her in the face. It ended up pretty swollen.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I hope Bianca's eye is okay after that botched Molly Go Round that caught her in the face. It ended up pretty swollen.

As long as there's no permanent damage it'll probably end up being a positive for Bianca. Getting potatoed from Nia and getting that nose gusher absolutely led to Becky's rocket rise.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered thinking you could make an argument that AJ Styles is better than Danielson.

Fuckin not anymore.

God that shit sucked. Hope he's alright tho, that stage clip probably did throw his game off.

It's not even close.

Apparently walter's match at nxt was the shits too. They've successfully beaten pro wrestling out of Walter.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
In the defense of GUNTHER (why), he was put up against LA Knight and given like 10 minutes, it's like stacking the odds against a good match instead of in favour of it.

If we want to highlight some real shit, can we talk about BUTCH (why)
Sheamus forcibly carrying him away from a match ending DQ multiple times, like he's flippin' Scrappy Doo yelling "let me at 'im, I'll splat 'im!" is some of the most character assassinating shit I've seen from a main roster callup
Commentary are gonna start being like "Butch, grew up on the mean streets of London, pickpocketing with his fellow orphans, and having many an ASBO before Sheamus started mentoring him, but his scrappy spirit remains, like a tenacious terrier"

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So Bret is 100% coming out Wed to try and steal WWE momentum from Cody signing right?

I assume someone else shows up as well.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Butch literally might be the biggest character change I've seen. I don't even see how the fuck you can get to the character.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
In regards to Austin theory - they made him look like a total geek but then again they have spent the last month making Seth look like a geek.

With WWE booking it doesn't matter - they'll put him right back in a title picture and expect everyone to forget mania. I mean, it goes both ways how many former champs are just in the mid-card or vying for belts that are substantially below their station? Its a WWE staple for people to just act illogically and take matches that don't make sense.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So Bret is 100% coming out Wed to try and steal WWE momentum from Cody signing right?

I assume someone else shows up as well.
Hear me out Joe did a post match speech for the crowd at ROH saying we are pro wrestling. He's showing up on Dynamite this week so he sees Eddie and PnP need 2 more people to deal with some sports entertainers. To even the odds he brings out Claudio.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Hear me out Joe did a post match speech for the crowd at ROH saying we are pro wrestling. He's showing up on Dynamite this week so he sees Eddie and PnP need 2 more people to deal with some sports entertainers. To even the odds he brings out Claudio.

Either that or this is how we wind up with Punk/Jericho feud which has to happen.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Night 1 was definitely much more good than bad; Becky vs Bianca was excellent. Cody vs Seth was really good (and they absolutely made the right decision by not wasting Cody on a random Raw). Everything about KO vs Stone Cold was great, even if not every single spot was a slam dunk, Austin looked like a million bucks for someone with his injury history that hasn't wrestled in 19 years, and was buoyed by him clearly having a great time. Logan Paul played an amazing heel and had a level of swagger that Dominic can't even dream about. Other than that, Rhonda vs Charlotte was bad and shame that Drew's big entrance was cut.

Night 2, on the other hand...

Vinnie Mac has this year's drizzling shits/please retire award locked up already, this time as a performer instead of his usual executive role. Stunner sells by Austin and Pat were both amazing, at least. Pat also had a pretty good match with a few really damn cool spots. Kinda amazed at how over RKBro are. Nice that Sasha finally won something at Wrestlemania. But then they finally get the atmosphere that they wanted for Roman vs Brock, only to give is the same fucking match as always, possibly shortened by Roman getting hurt. And the less said about the New Day match, the better. Knoxville vs Sami MOTN by a mile.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
FTR will never be able to get Brett to come back long term but I appreciate them constantly paying their respects.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.

Pay Wade Barrett whatever it cost for one night to get him there so he can
R.9502cd3f234900decfb3e44e9dbe0c8b

The whole time Stardust walks down the entrance ramp the first time.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
tbf, AJ Styles hasn't been that impressive in the ring for years.

I enjoyed watching a Bad Bunny match last year more than any AJ match that year. I guess this year might be the same except with Logan Paul now.

Last edited: