• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Ya'll don't get it. Roman is champ for life. The last piece of the puzzle is defeating the Rock at next year's mania. There are no challengers.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I've been well aware of the WWE"s decline.... which has been steady in recent years. It's really sad to see what WrestleMania used to be graduating to what it has become. Even Stevie Wonder could have seen (and predicted) that Brock vs Roman was going to be a horrible main event - you can dress it up in slogans..... they're a bad and extremely boring match up.

Stone Cold Steve Austin's appearances the only highlight of WrestleMania 2022.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked Omos vs Lashley wasnt the worst match of the weekend. I actually enjoyed it for what it was

New Day vs Sheamus, Roman Reigns vs Lesnar and maybr AJ vs Edge where worse or whatever to me

Objectively Vince vs Pat was the worst match of the weekend by far but it had a good payoff so Ill give it a pass

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Also I want to talk about the millionaire wrestlers trying to pass off taking blood money as 'for their family'

Little Aiden won't eat this fall if Cody doesn't make more than 500k a year

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Also I want to talk about the millionaire wrestlers trying to pass off taking blood money as 'for their family'

Yep. The guy grew up a millionaire and is now a multi millionaire himself and has various busines opportunities ongoing or available and yet him and others are talking as if he is destitute and will be struggling if he doesn't take a massive pay day going forward.

Ivol

Dec 12, 2017

THANK YOU! I've been seeing this narrative a lot. Everybody acting like Cody (AND Brandi) were both keeping up with sales at Dollar Tree and the McDonald's dollar menu while wrestling for AEW/doing a reality show on TNT/Cody doing that Big Time show.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Anyone have any idea who Ospreay was teasing bringing in to crush the New Japan Jr division?

I hope its not TJP.

It's going to be TJP isn't it?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I told y'all a year ago there is no end game to Romans run. It was clear that it was supposed to build up Jay as a singles guy then they realized a) lol and b) roman was getting over ( I guess people suddenly love part time workers with promos.... That .... Drag ... Forever ). They're just running with it and I'll even say the only way he loses it is if he vacates it.

Roman has given us the worst Cena style reign and the worst hhh reign of terror style reign

I just can't imagine they ever thought of making Jey Uso the guy but I agree they probably just kept going with Reigns with no end in sight.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish monday starts with a Roman promo only for Brandi to come out and do her "open mic night bitch" opener

netprints

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fatal four way. Roman v Knoxville v Logan v McAfee. They all won a match at wrestle mania and they deserve a title shot.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I only saw the 2(3?) gimmick matches and 5 minutes of the Cody/Rollins match from mania. I was sports entertained.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Since Batista is probably going into the Hall of Fame next Wrestlemania, what are the odds that they can convince him to do one last job for Roman? He put over Bryan Danielson, after all.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. Cody's excuse was "wanting to provide for his daughter so that she can go to the best colleges" of I remember correctly. But somehow she's going to community college if he makes less than 7 figures.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Cody's excuse was "wanting to provide for his daughter so that she can go to the best colleges" of I remember correctly. But somehow she's going to community college if he makes less than 7 figures.
He said he wanted to spoil her, also that he wanted to make as much money in wrestling as fast as possible because he was planning on retiring at 40, he's less sure about that now though

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Quick Wrestlemania thoughts:

As I imagined, Night 1 was much better and actually pretty good. If you cut most uninteresting stuff, and took those three main things from day two, it was just one night needed. I rather have two 4+- hours than one 7 hours one but... this year it was totally unbalanced.

Anyway, it was fun overall, but the ending of Night 2 destroyed every sense of satisfaction you could have had from the show, which was already low given that night 2 was very meh. Knoxville vs Sami was match of the night. Yeah.

Night one though, very well done. Cody vs Rollins, Bianca vs Becky, Charlotte vs Rhonda and Austin vs Owens, all of them were good and right for what they needed to be. I was surprised by the Charlotte vs Rhonda match, they worked stiff and that made it work. Glad Charlotte won. Fuck Rhonda. The Mysterios vs Paul Miz match was also decent and fun. Overall, night one was more than acceptable.

Night two, my god. Most matches were ok, but they really didn't made you care at all. Knox vs Sami, very good spots, I laughed my ass off, very worth the watch. Main even sucked major ass, and I imagine that pic of an injury had to do something about it but even then, all that build for the same match as always with a boring finish.

I never grade stuff, but Night 1 was a 7/10, enjoyable event. Night 2 was a 3/10. It could have been a 6 if the main event had been good.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered thinking you could make an argument that AJ Styles is better than Danielson.

Fuckin not anymore.

God that shit sucked. Hope he's alright tho, that stage clip probably did throw his game off.

Oct 27, 2017
Quick Wrestlemania thoughts:

As I imagined, Night 1 was much better and actually pretty good. If you cut most uninteresting stuff, and took those three main things from day two, it was just one night needed. I rather have two 4+- hours than one 7 hours one but... this year it was totally unbalanced.

Anyway, it was fun overall, but the ending of Night 2 destroyed every sense of satisfaction you could have had from the show, which was already low given that night 2 was very meh. Knoxville vs Sami was match of the night. Yeah.

Night one though, very well done. Cody vs Rollins, Bianca vs Becky, Charlotte vs Rhonda and Austin vs Owens, all of them were good and right for what they needed to be. I was surprised by the Charlotte vs Rhonda match, they worked stiff and that made it work. Glad Charlotte won. Fuck Rhonda. The Mysterios vs Paul Miz match was also decent and fun. Overall, night one was more than acceptable.

Night two, my god. Most matches were ok, but they really didn't made you care at all. Knox vs Sami, very good spots, I laughed my ass off, very worth the watch. Main even sucked major ass, and I imagine that pic of an injury had to do something about it but even then, all that build for the same match as always with a boring finish.

I never grade stuff, but Night 1 was a 7/10, enjoyable event. Night 2 was a 3/10. It could have been a 6 if the main event had been good.

Yeah i was thinking you can have all of night one, add in RKBro, the Jackass match, McAfee match, and the Brock/Roman main event and it would be a solid one night Wrestlemania.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
No arguments here.

His best Mania match is a cinematic match with Taker.
I wonder and don't blame people for not going as hard as they did in their indie days when I see Styles and Nakamura not putting in the match quality they have done in the past. Thinking its due to their age and body being more beat up.

But then I see Danielson putting arguably his best work yet and just think its just a motivation thing...or Danielson is simply out of his mind. Probably a bit of both.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I just remembered thinking you could make an argument that AJ Styles is better than Danielson.

Fuckin not anymore.

God that shit sucked. Hope he's alright tho, that stage clip probably did throw his game off.

I insist: Bryan Danielson got a good match out of Ryback. He can't have bad matches.

You can't say that about most of the "best in the world" guys.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Danielson can have good matches with literally anyone because he does not care about who he's working with.

He doesn't have the ego about it that other 'best in the biz' wrestlers do. He wants to have good matches so he'll work around someone else. Other people think that shit is beneath them.

Dude is really selfless and in being that way, makes himself look great. That's what makes him the best.

Fuckin not anymore.

Hard to have a good match with EDGE in 2022.

AJ vs Christian would've been a 5 star classic tho. Christian never disappoints.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
He wrestled a lot in AJPW and won their Jr title. He's basically an Ospreay disciple, lots of flips, and his finish is basically a flippier Oscutter.

As another user said, he's most famous recently for wrestling in All Japan. Very young wrestler, too.

Ah now you both mention it, I think I heard the puroresu guy on Post Wrestling speak about him. They were super high on him.

Hopefully it's true then.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Did Roman get legit hurt?

3p4h3l0k9gr81.png

The finish may have been rushed if Roman honestly got hurt. Would be wild what ends his reign is injury.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Aj is 45, he cant go full gear anymore, I thlught the match was good although long, what I didn't like was the finish, I hate ehen they ise wreslemania to det up angels, its supposed to be thr conclusion of the storylines, have Raw to create new ones

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Did Roman get legit hurt?

The finish may have been rushed if Roman honestly got hurt. Would be wild what ends his reign is injury.
Indeed possible. Guess we'll probably hear something today. But at this point, I think WWE would sooner go three months without either top title being defended rather than having Roman relinquish them. That or do some funky logic so he only gives up the WWE title so the Universal reign isn't interrupted.
Aj is 45, he cant go full gear anymore, I thlught the match was good although long, what I didn't like was the finish, I hate ehen they ise wreslemania to det up angels, its supposed to be thr conclusion of the storylines, have Raw to create new ones
I think the issue with these sorts of "WWE-style" matches is that they're often just way too slow and long without ever hitting a high enough gear to justify it.

If neither AJ or Edge can deliver a match quite like that anymore, it's absolutely fine, yeah. Just shorten it up some and keep the pace a little bit faster.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone watches Raw to see what Cody's promo is despite all the comments made here and the AEW thread, you're a mark.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If neither AJ or Edge can deliver a match quite like that anymore, it's absolutely fine, yeah. Just shorten it up some and keep the pace a little bit faster.

Happens way too often. 10/11 years ago you had Rock do 3 minutes in a tag match and then several months later a 30 minute match?

You had Edge return in the Rumble in 2020 and then his first singles match is a 35 minute Last Man Standing? Heck that one was pre-recorded with no crowd so you could edit it down.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
If anyone watches Raw to see what Cody's promo is despite all the comments made here and the AEW thread, you're a mark.

It's funny when he left AEW, and the rumours started, how many people said that the guy didn't matter and stuff, and here we are.

I can't say I completely don't care about the whole thing, but it's less about him and more about what it means for this era of the Industry. The fact that he arrived with the whole American Nightmare persona, music, entrance, etc. proves that WWE actually do see AEW as a threat, and the back and forth between two companies will be great.

I wish Cody well, but I'll stick to what entertains me the most.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Batista was pretty firm about being done
Not to mention he looked horrible last time he wrestled.
He said he wanted to spoil her, also that he wanted to make as much money in wrestling as fast as possible because he was planning on retiring at 40, he's less sure about that now though
Yeah, I believe him. As much as I soured on him and have taken issue with some of the things he's said during his AEW run I thought him and Seth had the second best match of 'Mania (behind Steve Austin vs Owens) and I think he came off sounding very honest. And hey, we don't know the specifics of the falling out between Cody and Tony but justified or not he could've used this as an opportunity to bury Tony and he didn't.

Maybe the one thing I raised an eyebrow on and wondered about was Cody saying it wasn't about money. I think that was a half truth. He's right in that he would've been paid well either way but I think money was a factor even if it wasn't a determining factor. It kind of sounds like even if they didn't always love their booking Cody and Brandi were happy with being on screen talent and doing community outreach but were over the rest of their AEW jobs.

I suspect Cody was over being an EVP. I think when it comes to being in charge Cody learned that he either wants to be fully in charge or not at all. I don't think he liked being an EVP but still having to answer to Tony. I could believe that Cody didn't care about being the biggest star on the card or being paid as much as Punk but that could be true while Cody feeling undervalued as also being true. So when WWE came to him, offering to let him be what he's been since leaving WWE, offering to book him stronger than he felt he was being booked and he can just focus on being a performer+outreach person without being an EVP, I fully believe that all played a bigger part in him making the jump than the money. And for as much bad TV as Cody has been a part of for the last year and a half the Dan Lambert & Sammy stuff has demonstrated that Cody can't be blamed for all of it.

As for 'Mania, as someone who doesn't watch the weekly product because of how bad it is but regularly watches the PPVs these were the best WWE shows in some time. Generally, WWE shows have one match I like, one match I liked but had a shit finish and the rest is garbage. I thought both shows were great with the 5 biggest highlights being Becky vs Bianca, Cody vs Seth, Knoxville vs Zayn, Owens vs Austin, and the fucking madness that was the Austin, McMahon, McAfee and Theory shenanigans.

It's funny because people talk like the McMahon match buried McAfee which if he was a regular in ring performer I would say it was a burial but being what he is, it's fine. Austin Theory on the other hand? Completely and hilariously buried. Not only did he, a regularly competing in ring performer, get beat by McAfee, a commentator, but then Vince, a 76 year old man, beats the guy Theory couldn't beat and then Theory gets stunned. GEEK. Absolute geek. lol. This is the guy Vince thinks is the next John Cena.

Also, Charlotte vs Rousey sucked but Charlotte just booting Rousey in the head and pinning her might be my favorite finish ever. lol. Fuck Rousey. It's a shame that's just setting up for Charlotte to lose to Rousey at Wrestlemania Blacklash.

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Every wrestling fan is a mark. I don't get this comment.

I enjoyed the moment-- it was one of those cool moments that happens once in a while, the last time I enjoyed a moment that much was probably Punk's return.

Looking forward to the Cody promo tonight. I hope he's learned his lesson from the last year in AEW and try to keep his promos more simple and straightforward.