• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't completed The Surge (been clearing other games in my backlog) but after a substantial amount of play I think it's one of the better From-likes out there. It has many similarities yet treads new grounds too, looked and ran real nice on X also (guess there's a Pro patch) with options for performance/graphics a lovely surprise.

DLC was fun too, worth looking into.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Conan Exiles is something I'll try out. A buddy I know likes it and told me a while back that I should get it.
Seeing The Surge get compared to Dark Souls ITT makes it a pass for me.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Mediocre month, but i'm still busy playing the games from last month. My girlfriend fell all the way in love with The Witness.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So every time I launch the surge I get this error..

CE-34878-0

cant even get into the game lol

Just logs me out of my account

Edit: finally I can launch the game lol

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
If your thinking about downloading Conan I know a server with friendly admins that provide new players a starter kit. It's called The first exiles and I can help new players start off.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Learning you have the admin panel, and even server settings at your disposal, destroyed Conan exiles for me back on the Xbox. I even used my once per account refund on it I felt such buyers remorse. There is so much struggle and tedium unless you go at it with a group of people.....meanwhile your 5 clicks away from making it so that you don't need to chop down a fucking valley to build a house. But if you do that...well you might as well give yourself an extra talent point so you can unlock more recipes, that's not so bad right?

Then when you are trying to find a rare material to make a sword you start asking yourself why would I waste this hour when I can spawn literally anything in the game with a few clicks. I did it. I put myself in some endgane gear......At that point, I lost any motivation to do absolutely anything else.

It's a huge shame because I really liked the scale of the world.

Side note: the surge clicked with me when I got a skill that let's you spend excess energy to heal. Its a godsend

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So every time I launch the surge I get this error..

CE-34878-0

cant even get into the game lol

Just logs me out of my account

Edit: finally I can launch the game lol
Did you do anything special to run the game?
My PS4 has a strange problem with some games (The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Mass Effect: Andromeda) and can't play them because of that error. I did everything, from uninstalling and reinstalling to rebuilding database and initializing console, but...

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Wasnt the surge already a free ps plus game or something? Otherwise how did i end up owning it before this?
There was a bug because of what the game was free, but nothing official.

I reached the second zone in The Surge and I like it. Lords of the Fallen was too slow for me.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Did you do anything special to run the game?
My PS4 has a strange problem with some games (The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Mass Effect: Andromeda) and can't play them because of that error. I did everything, from uninstalling and reinstalling to rebuilding database and initializing console, but...
Nope, just downloaded as per normal then proceeded to launch and BAM! Never experienced that with any game before.
It ended up working on my 4th attempt launching it.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded Conan Exiles only to get a platinum in ~2 hours (thank you admin panel) and then delete it.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
But seriously have you seen how big the download is? Store says 30 something gb. Are we really that desperate for trophies?

/adds it to downloads. Era I have a problem. That one online trophy though - doesn't look like it's acheivable naturally šŸ‘€
It's 76gb lol..
Easy short Plat by the sounds of it. There's a video above where you can Plat it in an hour

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Was not expecting Conan to fucking be 76GB. Thank fuck I decided to download it first. Probably delete it soon though.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's basically every prejudice you have about crafting survival games being bad.
no kidding! tried to build a tanner so I can get some leather going. it took something like 200 logs and 150+ rocks. wtf, I don't want to build a church!

So it's not even fun with friends?
eh, it can be fun in a "so bad it's good"-kinda way. the music's great. but it's full of jank, the combat was probably coded by letting a 3 year old smash a keyboard on the table. the sfx like to disappear and re-appear randomly and all at once.

also, no dicks on the ps4.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
No dicks at all? I thought just the slider was gone? Man, this game disappoints me before I even playing :(

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Been playing a bit of The Surge and so far it's okay, good enough that I'll keep going with it at least for a bit. The setting is intriguing and it does the Dark Souls loop fairly well. Combat is okay but not as good as From's games.

That first boss was bad however. You can only lock on to the legs which means you can barely see the arms it attacks with, and it has a second unexplained life bar which fills up and doesn't appear to do anything at first glance while your attacks don't actually hurt it. I had to Google what the game expected me to do
You have to fill the second bar then when it shoots it's missiles run underneath it so they hit the boss, giving you a small window to actually hurt it
Might work as a later game boss when you have multiple routes to explore at once, but not as the mandatory first boss

Also, PSA: you can turn off the godawful song that plays in the level up rooms from the audio menu

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed the surge and platinum a year ago didn't care about Conan but with that easy platinum I will cheat out of that game and delete it.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this month kinda sucks. Hopefully May is better.
PS+ continues to be 95% just for online for me lol
I mean, that was always the deal, lol. You were never paying for a games subscription service. The free titles were just a sweetener to ease people into paying for something that used to be free (online play).

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dowloanding the Surge, I enjoyed the demo from awhile ago. The hard part will be finding the time.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Been playing a bit of The Surge and so far it's okay, good enough that I'll keep going with it at least for a bit. The setting is intriguing and it does the Dark Souls loop fairly well. Combat is okay but not as good as From's games.

That first boss was bad however. You can only lock on to the legs which means you can barely see the arms it attacks with, and it has a second unexplained life bar which fills up and doesn't appear to do anything at first glance while your attacks don't actually hurt it. I had to Google what the game expected me to do
You have to fill the second bar then when it shoots it's missiles run underneath it so they hit the boss, giving you a small window to actually hurt it
Might work as a later game boss when you have multiple routes to explore at once, but not as the mandatory first boss

Also, PSA: you can turn off the godawful song that plays in the level up rooms from the audio menu

Omg how did I not know this. I went through the entire game with that annoying save room song. šŸ˜­