• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
For people who got the "complete edition" for the surge, it appears there is new dlc not included in that version, and now there is more completed edition called "augmented edition" that contains all the dlcs.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
The Surge is a really good AA Souls like. It doesn't have the lore but the combat and setting are pretty cool concepts. I re ommend giving it a try.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Why no PSVR games tho
Same reason people pleaded and begged Sony to remove PS3 and Vita games. Gamers are entitled and feel angry and frustrated if something is offered in PS+ that doesn't directly cater for them.
If they did add a monthly VR game it wouldn't be long before the community start blaming a poor quality PS4 month on too much of the budget going to the VR game.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, both games that looked interesting but not enough to actually buy them. So I'm cool with it.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to like the Surge on PC but I found the mechanics clunky and almost slapped together without much thought.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Same reason people pleaded and begged Sony to remove PS3 and Vita games. Gamers are entitled and feel angry and frustrated if something is offered in PS+ that doesn't directly cater for them.
If they did add a monthly VR game it wouldn't be long before the community start blaming a poor quality PS4 month on too much of the budget going to the VR game.

They were doing it for awhile though. I'm pretty sure I got rush of blood and rigs through ps+

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Neither of these really inspire me.

I'm really missing the additional Vita and PS3 games that had PS4 crossplay the past two months - out of the four, only The Witness interested me but I played that to death at launch.

Jul 20, 2018
Sure I'll try The Surge. Played the demo and wasn't into it but I'll take a crack at it again.

After I get Sekiro's Platinum.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Between the loss of games and the biggest multiplayer games being F2P, I just don't see the value proposition anymore, especially if you're paying for other online services.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
The Surge is great fun, I enjoyed it more than many of the Souls games, many people don't want to admit, but some things it actually does better than the Souls series.

Conan, maybe this is a for April Fools? Nobody wants that awful game.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
hmm not that great.. Not making up for the lost 4 titles this month. While they look ok, Surge has been 12.49 on sale quite a bit, haven't even heard of the conan game, wish it had been couch coop.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Now everybody missing The Indies and The PS3 Tittles that people use to complain every month?

Good month I don't have any of those games in My Library..

Pazoca

Jun 12, 2018
Not worth renewing my PS Plus. Maybe next month Sony realises they are 4 games down every month after removing PS3 and Vita games from Plus...

Gacha Santa Alter

"This guy are sick"
Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Eh.

Conan is a maybe. Doubt I'll bother with The Surge, being from the Lords of the Fallen guys. That shit was dreadful.

Sony isn't even pretending to try to make up for the cut content I see. Will probably let my sub expire and never look back.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Looking forward to the surge.

I got conan already on PC, not sure why it gets so much hate.
It's basically just ARK in a conan skin.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed The surge a lot got it for free when was that ps plus error that the complete edition was free for a few hours. Conan exiles don't know anything about that game

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time it's two games I already own. Still, they are quite solid titles, though I don't think Conan will be for everyone.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently most people professionally paid to review games don't think it's great. User reviews, as unhelpful as they generally are, are hardly stellar either, so...

It might not be a terrible game, but "not bottom for the barrel garbage" isn't the standard a service that just cut 2/3rds from its monthly offerings should be aiming for.

I understand what you're saying but a metacritic score can be very deceptive. There are a lot of people on this forum that absolutely loved The Surge, myself included. It's a really fun take on the Souls formula, which make even the regular enemies very deadly. The only negative for me was that there were only a handful of bosses. I guess I'm just saying don't knock it till you try it.

As far as lost value, I'm with you 100%. They took away a lot and they need to make up for it in some way.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Don't have either so lets get it. However the offering is definitely anemic without PS3 or Vita, at least offer some indies and or VR games, just 2 a month is bare as fuck.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I'll give The Surge a shot, once I polish off DaS2 DLC. I tried twice, but could not get into Lords of the Fallen, but most people keep saying this one is way better. So yeah, this is a good choice for me.

Conan Exiles sounds like something I would hate. I might not even download it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The Surge takes some time to get going, but I had a decent time with it. No interest in Conan, so nothing for me this month.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
My PS+ is running out in 5 months and if this is gonna continue I'm not gonna renew the sub.

Holy shit did the quality drop, it was once a nice way to discover the best indie games, then they took those out and replaced it with shitty mediocre unknown indies, and then took even those out.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I think I already have The Surge because I got it from that error a while ago that made it free on PSN, but I haven't checked if they actually honored it and let me keep the game. Anyone knows? At work right now so I can't freely check.
Yes you should have the game on the library I got it too, thanks to the error and played beat it and even platinum the game, so yes you have the base and one dlc with it. I enjoyed the game but I'm a souls fans too.

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget!

Edit: Seriously folks, the Surge is really nice. The setting is amazing, the voice actors did an amazing job. And wait till you find the entire suit of armour for Iron Maus and wear it. Play this game, it's really good.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Lmao I thought they had already PS Plus-ed The Surge but I think it was just on sale for like $8 at one point. I will prolly give The Surge a shot but boy oh boy I could go the rest of my life without playing another survival game.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I always wanted to try The Surge, but not enough to buy it (I didn't like Lord of Fallen and the demo didn't convince me). But for free, I'll give it a chance.
Conan could have been a fun multiplayer experience but my friends already bought it and platinumed it, so I doubt I will try it alone.