• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sorry if there's already a thread, I couldn't find it.

There's already multiple small events and jokes from japanese companies, good or not, so I thought there might as well be a thread!
Feel free to add more I might have missed, I'll update the OP as much as I can, or add threadmarks.

Capcom:
Neco Drop, a match-3 where you find cute cat versions of SFV characters. It's in english.

NECO DROP2 | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

巷で話題(?)のNECODROPが2になって復活!新たに追加されたストーリーやネコとのパズルを楽しもう!

Bandai-Namco:
Tales of the Rays, fake Tales of fighting game

ASW:
fake 2D lobby for Guilty Gear Strive. At least it seems to be an april fools as this doesn't seem to be GG themed...

Usual FGO event too:
twitter.com

黒凧 BlackKite on Twitter

“It's not even 1st of April in JP yet as of this post, but Fate/Grand Order already revealed 2 AF games that will be playable for just 5 days from 1 to 5 April https://t.co/RHMT79SB8g”

Arika possibly teasing a new game:

2 fake updates from HAL:
twitter.com

HAL Egg(ハルエッグ)公式 @ハル研究所 on Twitter

“アップデート計画? 超現実(リアル)? 『歩数で勝負!!カメさんぽ』開発チームは、登場するカメをリアルにするためアプリを改造中です。 新たなメインビジュアル・カメほいほい・シャーくんを公開させていただきます。 #エイプリルフール #カメさんぽ #動物”
twitter.com

【ハコボーイ!公式】キュービィの部屋! on Twitter

“新作ゲーム?「FINAL BOX!(ファイナルボックス!)」 秘密裏に肉体改造を行ったキュービィ達がムキムキになって登場! 自慢のボディで新たなアクションを開拓? #エイプリルフール #ハコボーイ #キュービィ”

edit:
Overwatch
Overwatch has Googly eyes on all the characters atm, it's pretty funny. They work really well in the highlights.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

From Gematsu
"On April 1, 2020, as the novel coronavirus spreads, the 'Restrain from April Fools' and 'This is a Time to Enjoy April Fools' factions began a war, and the people were divided. Ever since, April 1 has become known as the 'Day of Hatred.'"

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, but like, that Tales fighting game had a clean UI and I would totally go for one that isn't Tales of VS.

Man, do I miss Tales of spin-offs, they were always so fun.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Could use some good laughs with everything going on. Can't wait to see which jokes become real.

Really bummed Thinkgeek most likely won't do their yearly fake products that may become real if plausible enough.

Yoko Taro being so on point.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems fitting there would be a Tales of VS 2 joke on April Fools considering Tales of VS was originally announced on April 1st and no one thought it was real at first.

Oct 27, 2017
It may become a novelty mode in tales of the rays. Whis also started as April Fools and now it's right there, with online multiplayer and stuff.

If only Rays didn't close down their global servers...
Honestly feel like I've been hurt multiple times with so many of these series having mobage that end up shutting down that I just wish they would make these games for consoles, even if they are very low budget.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer for the Arika game has a screenshot at the end:

Mmbloyy.png

Perhaps it'll be another Fighting EX Layer situation where it becomes a real game.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite game is spotting the one that's actually true. I remember when they "leaked" the Yakuza 7 RPG battle system as an April Fools.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The latest Feh channel (Videos showing new stuff in FE Heroes) was simply Feh (The mascot of the game) playing an 8-bit version of FEH . You can get some 8-bit accesories too.

Crytek
Oct 27, 2017
The Crysis facebook page suddenly sprang to life to update it's profile picture and banner image. It also posted a link to it's own site, which currently displays a simple looping video of cry-dude standing in a flickering light. Meta-data suggests this is an April Fools joke in the making, hence why I'm posting here, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

Feb 24, 2018
I really hope the trend of "Hey lets start an April Fools Joke days or even months in advance" doesn't become a big thing, I really don't want to see normal doing this, as I said EtcetEra, most people simply aren't funny and I can see "pranks" going even worse with prolonged pranks and jokes.

Feb 24, 2018
Looking through the Gemastu article, the Digimon/Medabot crossover one is cute, it's obvious it's silly fun and it's cute and a bit self deprecating on both franchises.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Lol can we handle April's Fools jokes this year?
i would argue that if there's a year where we need a good laugh, is this one

From Gematsu
"On April 1, 2020, as the novel coronavirus spreads, the 'Restrain from April Fools' and 'This is a Time to Enjoy April Fools' factions began a war, and the people were divided. Ever since, April 1 has become known as the 'Day of Hatred.'"

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the fake announcement bullshit. Everyone knows Santa Monica is making a GoW sequel, there's nothing funny or interesting about the "we're gonna give you information about this game we're making, SIKE APRIL'S FOOLS". If that Ducktales game is fake it would be just as lame.