• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Pretty niche, but UtaPri boys in fruit and veggie costumes for a fake drink this year. Last year they made a fake 8-bit RPG and all the boys got ridiculous high fantasy costumes, so this year is quite lame in comparison.
(UtaPri/Uta no Prince Sama is a popular Japanese multimedia franchise about an anime boyband including several PSP and PS Vita games.)

The UtaPri mobile game also has a one-day collab today with another idol band rhythm game called Ensemble Stars, which is pretty big in Japan. They made a special website with some videos and special ingame costumes (no veggies) for it, pretty neat.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I love game developers adding cool stuff to their games that are obviously a joke but I don't get the fun of just plain lying to people about something. "Rare replay" coming to Switch is not funny or smart for example.

Hoping for more of the first, keep them coming game devs!

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I love game developers adding cool stuff to their games that are obviously a joke but I don't get the fun of just plain lying to people about something. "Rare replay" coming to Switch is not funny or smart for example.

Hoping for more of the first, keep them coming game devs!

This. Just lying with no joke attached only causes me to shrug. 'O hey we announced a thing... NOT" me: "ok"...

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am not sure if we can post Anime April Fools Jokes but

Abbachio's Team is a Brand New Soft Drink that is in devlopment:

D2_z8ldU0AIRtPr.png:large

https://twitter.com/jojocomic_app/status/1112377285049344000

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I hope blizzard go back to what they did a few years ago ... their last ones were pretty lame. I miss their smash bros, the deckard cain jokes and the diablo cube that you could play with

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
put it in and it basically says maz is contained sam passes it to the team and trusts they will do the right thing then says heres a little souvenir to commemorate your heroics:

but then its blank so i dont know what the souvenir is
Good to know.
Probably a badge or some WD3 preorder coupon I guess.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Not sure if this is quite relevant to this thread as it's not a game company, but is interesting regardless. Pannenkoek (the guy known for his videos on attempting to finish Super Mario 64 with as few A presses as possible) is currently streaming a shell-less Koopa running around in Super Mario 64 for an undefined amount of time for April Fools. The stream just hit two hours.

I show a koopa running around Bob-omb Battlefield. This is a more light-hearted video for April Fool's Day, but released one day early so that more people can watch it live on the weekend.

A koopa's non-shelled form always fascinated me, because he's not bound by a radius around his home, and so is able to move to seemingly anywhere in the course. Thus, I wanted to see what it would look like to observe a koopa while he's free to run around for hours, e.g. what areas would he tend to stay in and how often would he switch between these areas. This is the result.

Note that a koopa will actually deactivate once he moves more than 4000 units away from Mario, meaning that he'll turn invisible and stop moving. One way to avoid this is to have Mario stay in close proximity to the koopa during his movement. For this video, I instead hacked the koopa's deactivation radius to be beyond the range of the course, so that I could simply have Mario remain in one place and let the koopa run around unhindered by Mario's static position.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty niche, but UtaPri boys in fruit and veggie costumes for a fake drink this year. Last year they made a fake 8-bit RPG and all the boys got ridiculous high fantasy costumes, so this year is quite lame in comparison.
(UtaPri/Uta no Prince Sama is a popular Japanese multimedia franchise about an anime boyband including several PSP and PS Vita games.)

The UtaPri mobile game also has a one-day collab today with another idol band rhythm game called Ensemble Stars, which is pretty big in Japan. They made a special website with some videos and special ingame costumes (no veggies) for it, pretty neat.

The artist is also doing the art for fire emblem three houses

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't seen it posted already : PCGamingWiki rebranding to EpicGamingWiki.

We have some major news to share! PCGamingWiki has signed a new deal with Epic Games to bring PC gaming fixes exclusive to the Epic Games Store. From today, all of our articles will be exclusive to Epic Game Store games, including award winning titles such as Fortnite, Phoenix Point, Heavy Rain and The Outer Worlds.

This deal is a real game changer for our studio, because, thanks to Epic's support, it is certain that we will be able to update and expand the wiki for years to come.

We are also announcing that we are fully rebranding our website to EpicGamingWiki. To login, you will now need to link and sign in with your Epic Games account. To access content, users will need to spend W-Bucks or 'wikibucks' to buy temporary access. W-Bucks are available to buy from the Epic Game Store.

We want to share our success with all the backers who have helped us get here, so we have a special benefit to announce: if you backed or pre-ordered PCGamingWiki at any time since our crowdfunding campaign until today you will receive a year's free season pass for the wiki, which includes unlimited access to all our articles.

In solidarity with Epic Game Store's lack of features, we have decided to drop support for: forums, refunds, parties, account sharing, version rollbacks, screenshots, groups, marketplace, mod hosting, library sorting and the entire Mac and Linux platforms as Epic Game Store has no support these features. Staff members have already begun removing all non-Epic Game Store articles and the creation of non-Epic Game Store articles is now prohibited.

For more details please check our full Epic Game Store partnership announcement.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ITT: People who don't know what time zones are.

I sometimes wonder if things like that Rare Replay and Diablo mobile game are semi-serious company plants to gauge interest.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I sometimes wonder if things like that Rare Replay and Diablo mobile game are semi-serious company plants to gauge interest.

Most of the ones that are just annoying lies are just by random dicks on twitter/forums. Nowadays most companies have realized that the only winning move is to announce something real that just sounds fake.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

This is the confusing part of that one to me, I definitely remember that one being announced seriously and don't see any special things in the trailer (though I don't know Diablo well, so there's that).

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Not sure if this is quite relevant to this thread as it's not a game company, but is interesting regardless. Pannenkoek (the guy known for his videos on attempting to finish Super Mario 64 with as few A presses as possible) is currently streaming a shell-less Koopa running around in Super Mario 64 for an undefined amount of time for April Fools. The stream just hit two hours.

Ha, it's like watching a Roomba do its thing...but with a dizzying camera!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This is the confusing part of that one to me, I definitely remember that one being announced seriously and don't see any special things in the trailer (though I don't know Diablo well, so there's that).

When Diablo mobile was originally announced someone in the audience asked if it was an early April Fools joke.