• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well, today is the day - or would have been the day - that we all would have been be playing Cyberpunk 2077.

I remember watching the livestream of the E3 2019 Xbox Press Conference and that moment when Keanu Reeves came out on stage - Whoa! What a moment...

...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

When I saw Keanu Reeves come out on that stage, I knew that the release date was finally going to be revealed - and by him - which was mind-boggling.

And when I saw the dates cycle by and settle on "April 16th, 2020" - I was semi-pissed. I thought "Wait, that's 10 more months!?!" - but I eventually [around 2 days later] coaeleced with it. I dealt with it knowing that it was a delay for everyone, not just me. You know, the kind of things you tell yourself to calm down when you are immensely disappointed.

Well, January 16th, 2020 set me straight:
cyberpunk_2077_delay.png

It was a day that should have truly taught me the value of patience, a test of my resolve, a chance to be grown-up about my disappointment and a moment to savor how adult and mature I could be when a situation arose where I heard/read something that disturbed me greatly.

I did none of those things - actually, I was very depressed about it.

But, I digress. Here we are now, 5 months away from the new release date and it appears that this September 17th, 2020 release date is set in stone. It's a great feeling - the hype you both generate for yourself and absorb from others - the conjuring of images your mind creates about what the game will be like to play, daydreaming about the soundtrack and the sound effects, planning your Cyberpunk movie playlist for the week leading up to the release...

...all good things and definitely good times amidst the circumstances we all find ourselves in.

So tell me, Era - what went through your mind when you heard that April 16th, 2020 wasn't going to be the day that you would finally play this game? How did you deal with the disappointment of that news and what fun things are you going to do in the lead-up to the release on September 17th?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say this because it seems like it means a lot to you, but with COVID 19 I wouldn't say the September date is set in stone at all.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
It was a day that should have truly taught me the value of patience, a test of my resolve, a chance to be grown-up about my disappointment and a moment to savor how adult and mature I could be when a situation arose where I heard/read something that disturbed me greatly.

I'm sorry but this is not healthy

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not that hyped because the cyberpunk setting is not my thing, but its cool to see the hype for this game.

Maybe i will get in September, if it releases, lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This has probably been my most anticipated game since the E3 2018 trailer, so it feels almost a bit weird to think that wait would have finally been over if that original date stuck.

But I can't say that I really mind. I really want them to take all the time they need, and if they feel it needs to be delayed past September to deliver that vision (especially in light of what's been going on), I'm definitely on board. And on the plus side, the delay has basically opened up my backlog over the next few months while I find plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It especially sucks because the new season of Westworld has me really itching to play this right now.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the 2019 showing of this game was...not great honestly. also buddy this game is not coming out in september. also you shouldn't closely tie up your feelings/identity with a brand. also april 2020 was not a delay? they had never given a date for the game before that.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I was worried that I would still be busy with other releases (FF VII, Animal Crossing, Dreams) and I was right.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
OP, you are the best but I have some spoilers from the future: "september is not going to be the final release date".

Probably is going to be a crossgen title.

Also, anyone is expecting some gameplay footage today? It would be a nice gift from the developers

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
the delay to September was expected. It was disappointing but whatever.

I know you're excited for the game but don't invest yourself so emotionally. I did that once and it's not worth it. The game will be here when it's ready.

I do think the September date will stick. They've said they are done and just bug fixing/polishing. Honestly, if it does get delayed again I won't really care much.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I hate to say this because it seems like it means a lot to you, but with COVID 19 I wouldn't say the September date is set in stone at all.
Based on what CD Projekt Red said in their 2019 Financial Teleconference, it's coming out September 17th, 2020.
I'm not one to tell you how to live your life, but if that first delay shook you up this much, you might want to start mentally preparing yourself now...
For what? Another delay?

I really think it'll stick the landing this time; but we shall see🙏
I'm sorry but this is not healthy
But it is - I was merely paraphrasing in the OP - dramatizing how disappointed I was. Yeah, I was sad about it - but life is about moving forwards, not backwards.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Well... now I'm bummed out that I remember I was originally supposed to be playing CP2077 today.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Yup, I'm quite happy playing Animal Crossing + Persona 5. Cyberpunk will be come when it's ready.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018

Thanks for this. So, this is one of the main reasons I still thinking it won't get released on september. We are, what 5 months from the release? No updated gameplay at all. We had 2 gameplay videos, and in the middle it was changed a lot between those two.

Almost 8 months from that deep dive video trailer / gameplay?

Nice

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Thanks for this. So, this is one of the main reasons I still thinking it won't get released on september. We are, what 5 months from the release? No updated gameplay at all. We had 2 gameplay videos, and in the middle it was changed a lot between those two.

Almost 8 months from that deep dive video trailer / gameplay?

Nice
I'm still feeling very positive about the September 17th release date. Things hopefully will be turning around before then and CDPR said themselves that the global situation wouldn't alter their plans for the September launch👍

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just my depressed mood with everything going on lately, but I wouldn't be shocked if it gets pushed again.

Hopefully Coronavirus hasn't gotten me before it comes out.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if they delay Cyberpunk, for some reason I think their games are usually selling very well digitally.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
I'm still feeling very positive about the September 17th release date. Things hopefully will be turning around before then and CDPR said themselves that the global situation wouldn't alter their plans for the September launch👍

Nice to have those positive feelings on the forum OP. Hope it get released by that time then.

I think many countries in the world are going to be in lockdown by that time, so it would be a nice game to play.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I still think that September date is slippery. They insist they won't delay it, but I am sure they will. Just as I said in E3 when the April release was set "yeah that ain't right"

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I still think that September date is slippery. They insist they won't delay it, but I am sure they will. Just as I said in E3 when the April release was set "yeah that ain't right"
The Final Fantasy VII Remake released just 6 days ago - and that was during what is said to be the peak month of this global crisis. What will be different come September?

Is it wrong to simply hope for the best?

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
The Final Fantasy VII Remake released just 6 days ago - and that was during what is said to be the peak month of this global crisis. What will be different come September?

Is it wrong to simply hope for the best?
FF7R was much closer to completion when the crisis started than Cyberpunk. Releasing a game during a pandemic is a lot easier than working on one.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
FF7R was much closer to completion when the crisis started than Cyberpunk. Releasing a game during a pandemic is a lot easier than working on one.
CD Projekt Red stated in their 2019 Financial Teleconference call that "the game is complete - it's done", that it has been rated and that all there is left to do are small things - bug fixes, polishing and first-party certification to be exact.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not one to tell you how to live your life, but if that first delay shook you up this much, you might want to start mentally preparing yourself now...

This.

Get hype for November 17, OP. If it comes out earlier, you can be pleasantly surprised.

CD Projekt Red stated in their 2019 Financial Teleconference call that "the game is complete - it's done", that it has been rated and that all there is left to do are small things - bug fixes, polishing and first-party certification to be exact.

And all those things are likely to be slower due to covid-19, not to mention manufacturing and distribution.

"Bug fixes and polishing" are not small things, btw.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got into Persona and replaying all the Soulsbourne games so I'm kinda set on RPG time sinks. But I'll be done and ready for 2077. It's got a high bar to pass, for me.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
That's a feelsbadman. Honestly this drought is about to be fucking crazy.

Good thing I have a really big backlog and Valorant to play rn because I'd lose it.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
"Bug fixes and polishing" are not small things, btw.
I just quoted what they said on the teleconference call. They said "small/little things".
Why did you make this thread? just to remind us? That's mean, dude.
It's to remember that it was supposed to be today that we would finally be able to play Cyberpunk 2077.

I really wanted this thread to be a discussion about how each of us felt when the delay was announced and what plans you all have for the week leading up to the release in September [movies you'll watch, games you'll play, music you'll listen to that will get your hype to maximum levels].

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
But, I digress. Here we are now, 5 months away from the new release date and it appears that this September 17th, 2020 release date is set in stone.
I though you understood the first time, (which isn't really a first time, because The Witcher III got delayed and released in a poor state), but no, it is not set in stone. Especially now because of COVID.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

Here we are now, 5 months away from the new release date and it appears that this September 17th, 2020 release date is set in stone.
Dude, I am sure I love gaming as much as you, it's my absolutely favorite hobby, so it's very easy to get lost and super excited for your most hyped game. But, please, try to take your mind off of Cyberpunk if a delay announcement really depressed you. I get you're eager about it, but just think, how the extra five months of polish will make the longer wait worth it. In the mean time, play your backlog, or try something new. Delays suck, but please, try not to get really depressed over it, for the sake of your health.

I know CDPR did say they're pretty set in stone for the September release, but with how the world is right now because of coronavirus, I'd expect another delay. Covid-19 is affecting game development, production, manufacturing and shipping. Who knows how things will look closer to September. It could end up like NaughtyDog, where The Last Of Us Part II is essentially done, but the game's release is postponed because they want to be able to manufacture and release the title to as many people as possible.

I am very glad you're passionate about the game though. Whenever it releases, I hope it's amazing and blows past your expectations. :)

Last edited: