• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Got a tentative job offer for my first choice job in Seattle last Friday. And like in a span of a few hours, also received interview requests for my second and third choice jobs right after. But I'm sticking to my first choice. I'm going to give a thank you gift to at least one my references for telling me she got contacted and showed the email of what they were asking her about me.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Got a tentative job offer for my first choice job in Seattle last Friday. And like in a span of a few hours, also received interview requests for my second and third choice jobs right after. But I'm sticking to my first choice. I'm going to give a thank you gift to at least one my references for telling me she got contacted and showed the email of what they were asking her about me.
Congrats!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I have been kind of itching to work in a start-up like company in DC using Swift. I also think I could do this free-lance or create my own business but I am hesitant. I need a pivot.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The job that I applied for at my current company and was passed over by outside employee was re-posted. I am not sure if that was mistake or if the guy that got the job withdrew at last minute. I started writing draft to the VP of IT to plead my case one last time. I can truly die and say that I did everything I could to get that position.
Edit: I found out that the person that was hired sent an email withdrawing from the job. My email pleading my case has been sent. Hope is still alive.

Last edited:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I have a job interview Wednesday, this one with the hiring staff, for a copy editing job near Boston. I have to say, I'm less nervous about the interview than I am getting the offer and finding out its below what can sustain me in such a high cost of living place. I make little at my current job but cost of living here in rural Ohio is super cheap; it just lacks a lot of pretty much anything, including possible career progress.

I certainly know I won't find a future where I work now, but I'm trying not to put myself in a worse position and worried I might be. So far, no other job possibilities have gotten back to me beyond this one.

Bobcats

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The job that I applied for at my current company and was passed over by outside employee was re-posted. I am not sure if that was mistake or if the guy that got the job withdrew at last minute. I started writing draft to the VP of IT to plead my case one last time. I can truly die and say that I did everything I could to get that position.
Edit: I found out that the person that was hired sent an email withdrawing from the job. My email pleading my case has been sent. Hope is still alive.

Good luck! I hope you get it

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017

Is pleading you're case a smart move? I've debated on doing that with the company I interviewed for last week. I wanted to argue that investing in someone new(me) who knows less about the actual job would be like investing long term as opposed to someone who would have had some experience in the field. I feel like it's easier to teach someone who doesn't know much about a job than trying to retrain someone that knows it...was told that'd be a bad idea from co-workers

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is pleading you're case a smart move? I've debated on doing that with the company I interviewed for last week. I wanted to argue that investing in someone new(me) who knows less about the actual job would be like investing long term as opposed to someone who would have had some experience in the field. I feel like it's easier to teach someone who doesn't know much about a job than trying to retrain someone that knows it...was told that'd be a bad idea from co-workers
It's probably not smart in every case, but I feel like it's fine in my case. We have a small IT department. Everything seems to get along. I don't expect anything to change, but I figured it would be my last good shot at pleading my case, as they had to repost the job position. I showed my supervisor the email I sent to the VP of IT, and he agreed that it was good and wouldn't hurt. Basically, after this email, I can say I gave it my best shot and no one should be shocked when/if I do leave.

In your case, if you are not actually working for the company, I wouldn't do it.
Good luck! I hope you get it
Thank you. I will let you know either way. I gave it my best shot.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
So I'm in the position I kind of feared. I just got an offer from my second choice company that I interviewed at just last Friday - I did not want to get an offer from them so soon. It's a really good company overall but they're low-balling me on pay and the starting position isn't that great at all. They're giving me a week to make a decision. My first choice company may take another 2 weeks to make a decision since they still have 2-3 other people to interview but the hiring manager said I'm a very strong candidate. How do I go about letting them know I've got another offer on the table and I'd really like to hear from them as soon as possible? And should it be a call or an email, and the hiring manager or HR guy?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would email the recruiter who coordinated your interviews. I would also email the company that sent an offer to ask for more time.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looking for some advice although I think I didn't got the job.

Interviewed twice for a company, HR/recruiter/rep of the company found me on linkedin, messaged me, we had an interview. Roughly a week later, had an interview with their Art Director which looked to go well. Problem was this upcoming Wednesday marks the 2 week timeline when I had my second interview. I sent them a quick email on Thursday a day after the interview thanking them for their time and if there's any questions/issues don't hesitate to ask. I'm thinking of sending the HR guy a follow up email on Wednesday since it marks the 2 week post interview to ask if there's an update on it. I've always gotten job offers within the first week after applying, so I'm quite pessimistic right now despite me thinking the interview went real well, esp the second one. Also the kind of work that fits my skillset and it's remote, which is a fucking Godsend.

What do you even say during the 2 week follow up email? Something short, sweet and to the point for Wednesday.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Hey there guys, having some trouble getting my foot in at some help desk jobs.

I am currently studying to get my Security+ in Dec, any tips?

I don't have any IT experience. I got an interview at one place and was tested twice... passed one... didn't pass the second one. So they moved on.

I am willing to relocate if anyone sees anything good out there.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a response. Not exactly a rejection yet.

"Hi CreepingFear,

Thanks for your commitment to continue to grow your career at Company.

I appreciate you sharing your idea through which all the team members can be helped.

Please let me take a closer look and I'll get back to you.

Thanks for reaching out!"

I don't have any IT experience. I got an interview at one place and was tested twice... passed one... didn't pass the second one. So they moved on.

Daryl Gibson book and test questions helped me out for Sec+. Getting your foot in the door is the hardest part.

Keep applying for help desk jobs. My first job was very shitty, but I lasted for 8 months and other opportunities came along.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Applied to a job last month that I felt I was a shoo-in for. Like, to the point where I was waiting around for the inevitable email about coming in for an interview. My work experience fit perfectly. I wrote a great cover letter. Or so I thought, anyway.

Deadline was last Tuesday. I called today and asked if they've started scheduling interviews, and the guy said invitations went out today. No interview.

I don't understand how this system works some times.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
What is the best strategy in terms of applying while on a contract role? I want to prevent not having anything after(as much as possible) my current contract is up which is just the rest of this year. Should I wait near the end or apply in advance like now?

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the best strategy in terms of applying while on a contract role? I want to prevent not having anything after(as much as possible) my current contract is up which is just the rest of this year. Should I wait near the end or apply in advance like now?
You applying for another contract role or a permanent position. If permanent, leave as soon as you get the permanent job, assuming you don't have any non-compete clause as part of the contract. Apply as early as possible. Companies can take months with the background checks and interviews, etc.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
So I have been on the job hunt for the better part of a year now. Doing odd jobs here and there to supplement income.

I hit a lucky streak where I got an interview with one company and they offered me, but I have a 2nd round interview with another company today.

I am now in this awkward position of having to decide between the two (if the 2nd decides to offer me as well). The only problem is that I have to sign the offer letter from company #1 this week, and I am not sure company #2 will have offered me by then or even offer me at all.

I am not sure what to say to company 2 about being offered by someone else. I plan on asking them what the next rounds of the interview will be after today or what the timeline for making a decision on their end will look like.

I really loved the people at company #1, but the location isnt great for me (nearly an hour long drive). Once I see the 2nd company today I feel I will have a better idea of who to choose, but I also dont want to end up missing out on offer #1 while waiting on company 2. The 2nd company is more in-line with my degree and what I want to do (marketing, brands, ads, etc). The other is more of a customer service role with opportunity for growth, but they are a smaller company.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I figured I'd try to help this thread out some. My company is currently hiring for a few technical positions. These vary between tech support to software engineers to app devs. If anyone in here is in need of a job where you can work remotely or you are in the Boston area, let me know and we will try to work something out.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Coincidentally I was thinking of this topic a little bit ago after coming out of an interview for the first time in a very long time. I'd been my grandmother's primary caregiver for over a decade but especially the last four years when her dementia progressed to where she couldn't really do anything for herself. She passed away last week and starting this week looking for a job is bringing up more anxiety and being out for so long is making me feel absolutely fucked and living in a small town doesn't help.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Get Darril Gibson's book. It's what I used to pass. Great, easy to digest chapters with quizzes and two 100 question assessments.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I had my interview last Thursday and I was told that the next step was in HRs hands. The wait is killing me. I wish they could be a bit more transparent with how long I should wait.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had my first phone interview for this current job search. Eh. I didn't do so great, but the company and job didn't sound that great either. If they do call me for in-person interview, it will probably be just for the practice.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm having the hardest time getting any call backs or initial interviews.
I was laid off at the end of August after only being at there for 3 months due to a corporate restructuring, ie they were losing lots of money and needed to consolidate their workforce. But in the time since i've only gotten two phone interviews despite sending out at least 4-5 resumes a day.
I'm starting to think I need to remove my last position from my resume as it's probably just a red flag for potential employers.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Daryl Gibson book and test questions helped me out for Sec+. Getting your foot in the door is the hardest part.

Keep applying for help desk jobs. My first job was very shitty, but I lasted for 8 months and other opportunities came along.

Get Darril Gibson's book. It's what I used to pass. Great, easy to digest chapters with quizzes and two 100 question assessments.

Thanks.

Sounds like this guy knows his stuff. Gonna check it out soon.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I heard back from the recruiter on the dream job I had interviewed for:

I have heard back from the hiring team and they were impressed with your knowledge; however, for this role, we are lucky enough to have really great applicants and are moving forward with those who more closely align with the position requirements.

I feel so defeated and just depressed. I got my hopes up and I felt the interviews had gone great.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sent a follow up email yesterday after having my second interview 2 weeks ago, but alas no response. Damn shame. I like my job, but I'm really looking for a change right now and the other place looked like a fun new option that also paid better. I don't mind getting rejected too much, but sucks that they don't even let you know after going through 2 interviews. :\

giphy.gif

I was laid off at the end of August after only being at there for 3 months due to a corporate restructuring, ie they were losing lots of money and needed to consolidate their workforce. But in the time since i've only gotten two phone interviews despite sending out at least 4-5 resumes a day.
I'm starting to think I need to remove my last position from my resume as it's probably just a red flag for potential employers.
If it's 3 months, I would say yes to remove it. I don't know exactly what industry you're in, but I don't send that many applications in a day if I'm looking for work. I pick 1 at most in one day, but I make sure it's the best in terms of skill aligning with the job. Then I spend a good amount of time 'modifying' the resume (cover letter part) to give you the best shot.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

I feel so defeated and just depressed. I got my hopes up and I felt the interviews had gone great.

Oh man sorry to hear. :'( If you still want to work there at some point let the recruiter know and if you have any skills that were perhaps above those of the team that 'went another way' this time, mention those. You never know when that recruiter will have another opening that you might be a good fit for. Also, later on, if you see another position that you think you might be a fit for now you have a contact you can reach out to. So, it's not all bad. Head up, keep tryin'. And if you did not already, connect to the folks you interviewed with on Linked In so at least they're in your network for later.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What kind of jobs are you looking for? As I mentioned in an earlier post my company is hiring but it is for mostly technical field jobs. If you want you can just pm me.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Still trucking, still applying for jobs. I don't have as much writing experience and clips as I do for editing work but I'm thinking I should try applying to some of these technical writer jobs I see posted. Many want 5+ years experience.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Man there's nothing more peeving than applying for an "entry level" position that asks for 3-years of experience.

Oct 27, 2017
I got a job offer for a large company. The role is is exciting and the compensation is great. But I do think they have room to go up a bit in base salary. Does anyone have any experience negotiating an offer? If they don't change a thing, I'd happily accept the offer, but I would like to place myself in the best position possible.

I'm struggling to think of a way to phrase the email--balancing my appreciation for the offer but asking for a little more money. Any ideas?

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The company that I was supposed to have an interview planned today per recruiter, is no longer interested in me. I also get the feeling that my hail marry to get promotion at current employer also didn't work. I started this week with hope, only to get crushed.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland

Agree with Daryl Gibson's book, but look into Professor Messer's videos on YouTube as well. Also make sure you're studying for the 501 since the 401 was retired back in July.

Out of curiosity, what's leading you to study for Sec+? Is it a job requirement, or are you looking to get into cyber security? Do you have existing IT experience? Security+ is a standard requirement for DoD related jobs for privileged users/systems administrators, so if you get that, you could look into IT jobs around the NCR.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Agree with Daryl Gibson's book, but look into Professor Messer's videos on YouTube as well. Also make sure you're studying for the 501 since the 401 was retired back in July.

Out of curiosity, what's leading you to study for Sec+? Is it a job requirement, or are you looking to get into cyber security? Do you have existing IT experience? Security+ is a standard requirement for DoD related jobs for privileged users/systems administrators, so if you get that, you could look into IT jobs around the NCR.

I do not have any IT experience and even till this day I am relentlessly applying to Help Desk/Desktop Support/Comp Tech jobs hoping to get a foot in the door.

I am also going to school for Network Security Analyst but am hoping to switch over to a CyberSec track.

Decided the Sec+ is the best place for me to start. Seems to supersede both the A+ and Net+.

Those DoD jobs sound like a great way to enter CyberSec, but don't they require quite a bit of experience? Either way, I apply to any job regardless of the requirements.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

I don't think that should be a flag, it is experience after all. Maybe it is how you are conveying the information?
How do you format your cover letter and resume?
A lot of information is conveyed at first glance, and that is the first test your CV must pass. Employers will judge a book by it's cover, and they kind of have to due to the amount of CVs that come in.

Lord Infamous

Aug 28, 2018
First time posting in this thread. I just got my first phone interview with a recruiter. It's a help desk contract to hire position. The interview is this Monday. Hopefully I can get the position.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time posting in this thread. I just got my first phone interview with a recruiter. It's a help desk contract to hire position. The interview is this Monday. Hopefully I can get the position.
Good luck! I have become ungrateful, wanting to leave the help desk. It's easy to forget that there are people wanting to get in to where I am.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks man! I'm honestly trying to gain the experience while going for my NET+. I don't plan on being there for more than a year.
That's smart. By the time I leave my current employer, I will have been here for 3 years. I probably should have left a year ago. I thought that maybe I would have had a chance to move up to Jr. Admin. I was wrong. No loyalty. Do not let a company seduce you like I was seduced. Leave for a promotion and raise, always.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I do not have any IT experience and even till this day I am relentlessly applying to Help Desk/Desktop Support/Comp Tech jobs hoping to get a foot in the door.

I am also going to school for Network Security Analyst but am hoping to switch over to a CyberSec track.

Decided the Sec+ is the best place for me to start. Seems to supersede both the A+ and Net+.

Those DoD jobs sound like a great way to enter CyberSec, but don't they require quite a bit of experience? Either way, I apply to any job regardless of the requirements.

They can require experience, and a lot require a degree, but don't let that deter you from trying. A+ and Net+ never really seemed useful, but Sec+ is a gateway to getting into cyber security, and is mandatory for having privileged access to information systems within federal agencies. If you go the security track, get a few years of experience and go for the CISSP.

Look for security analyst jobs within the federal government, or look into help desk, desktop support, and SOC (security operations center) jobs from defense contractors. If you're lucky, you might be able to land a junior sys admin job if you get the Sec+ cert. Of course, a lot if this is around the MD/DC/VA area.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
They can require experience, and a lot require a degree, but don't let that deter you from trying. A+ and Net+ never really seemed useful, but Sec+ is a gateway to getting into cyber security, and is mandatory for having privileged access to information systems within federal agencies. If you go the security track, get a few years of experience and go for the CISSP.

Look for security analyst jobs within the federal government, or look into help desk, desktop support, and SOC (security operations center) jobs from defense contractors. If you're lucky, you might be able to land a junior sys admin job if you get the Sec+ cert. Of course, a lot if this is around the MD/DC/VA area.

I'm grateful for the advice, thank you.

I'm absolutely willing to relocate, it's just a matter of getting the job.

I won't have my degree for another couple of years, so the Sec+ is my best bet aside from actual experience... there seems to be some jobs on usajobs.gov that line up with exactly what you're saying so I may look there first. Not sure if it'll mean much but I have some decent references who have been working for the feds for a while so hopefully that helps.

That's smart. By the time I leave my current employer, I will have been here for 3 years. I probably should have left a year ago. I thought that maybe I would have had a chance to move up to Jr. Admin. I was wrong. No loyalty. Do not let a company seduce you like I was seduced. Leave for a promotion and raise, always.

Agreed, we just had a thread on this too...

my goal is to ultimately run my own start up company, still trying to figure out what that is. But for now, I will continue with the typical 9-5 job working under such and such, but after my experience working for companies under multiple titles. I will never stay at any company for more than 3 years (I'll always have my eyes on something better), worked for one company for 4 years and it sucked the soul out of me. Met some amazing people, but that feeling of being stuck in the rat race is pretty terrible, and meeting great people doesn't really change that if the work itself and the environment sucks. When all my supervisors and managers are telling me, "don't stay here, keep moving on to better things," it must be for a good reason.

Companies will constantly seduce you with the whole, "stay with us till your 50 and you'll retire a millionaire" or they'll throw their pretty benefits in your face, another good one is, "we promote from within." Don't buy into that shit, because there is always another job out there willing to give you more coin and sometimes it comes with even less of the bullshit funnily enough. Honestly, if you learn to invest properly and can sustain multiple incomes, retirement becomes less of a worry or an objective. It's an option, sure, and it should still be considered like any other... but I do not think it is the only one nor should it be touted as such. These companies can lay you off any second, so that's as far as their loyalty goes... it's as long as they need you or don't need you.

Anyways, best wishes on your journey up the ladder.

Last edited:

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
So I think I'm going to accept a job offer on Monday. It was my last choice out of three I've interviewed for, I won't be starting off doing what I really wanted to do or using much of what I learned in school, but it's a great company, the pay is decent for entry-ish level, and the health insurance is phenomenal. I finally heard back from two other companies earlier this week, one of which I was really hopeful about, and they rejected me. I was pretty fucking bummed. But it is what it is and at least I have a job offer.

I have to accept the offer by monday and I'm mulling over whether or not I should negotiate my pay. They have a starting pay range and I was expecting to get the high end of that, but they're only offering mid-way. I've been told they tend to low-ball and my qualifications in general are significantly higher than most people who start off in this position (most of whom don't even have their degree yet), although I don't exactly have the "2 years of professional experience in ___" that they're asking for, which is a bit nonsense for this kind of entry level position anyway.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm grateful for the advice, thank you.

I'm absolutely willing to relocate, it's just a matter of getting the job.

I won't have my degree for another couple of years, so the Sec+ is my best bet aside from actual experience... there seems to be some jobs on usajobs.gov that line up with exactly what you're saying so I may look there first. Not sure if it'll mean much but I have some decent references who have been working for the feds for a while so hopefully that helps.

Check out clearedjobs.net as well.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I talked with my supervisor. He agreed that Monday would be a good time to follow up with the VP of IT about my letter to her about becoming a Jr. Admin. This time, I will talk with her in person. I don't expect anything to happen, but it was my last desperate attempt. I put a lot of heart into that email. I've become so sour and disgruntled, that I think I just want her to reject me so that I can focus entirely on finding a job outside the company. On Friday, I took a call from a recruiter while I was working. I give no fucks anymore. One of the help desk co-workers is out on maternity leave and we are short staffed. Short of cursing someone out or just not showing up, I doubt they will fire me. All I want to do is eat everything in sight and get drunk, but I know I need to look okay for in person job interviews. I'm depressed. I'm not looking forward to anything right now.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make an update on my last post about trying to help people find some IT related jobs. I've had some people message me with interest, but due to the lack of specific info in my last post they didn't really fit so I'm hoping to fix that. My company is currently looking for a few different positions that you are able to work remotely if you do not live in a location where we have an office. We're looking for the following positions so if you feel like you could be a fit feel free to send me a message.

Software devs with experience in Java and javascript.
Tier 2 help desk position which will primarily be third shift while being able to work from home
Telephony engineer (I doubt that there will be anyone that fits this role here as its pretty specific but if you know what it is and you feel you fit, message me)

I realize this may seem like a recruitment post but I am not a recruiter, I'm a network engineer and I just know how difficult it is to find jobs in the tech field so I wanted to help people here out.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I have to accept the offer by monday and I'm mulling over whether or not I should negotiate my pay. They have a starting pay range and I was expecting to get the high end of that, but they're only offering mid-way. I've been told they tend to low-ball and my qualifications in general are significantly higher than most people who start off in this position (most of whom don't even have their degree yet), although I don't exactly have the "2 years of professional experience in ___" that they're asking for, which is a bit nonsense for this kind of entry level position anyway.

Negotiate, and don't sell yourself short.

Check out clearedjobs.net as well.

Seems that a lot of these jobs require security clearance...

How would I go about getting that? Says that the only way is through the military and if an employer has me screened for one. How would I go about getting that done? Do I just apply and hope they get me screened for one?

Not really big on joining the military just to get it so I am trying to exercise some other options.

Also, thanks to that site I discovered CyberSecJobs.com which seems to be really identical but with a focus on infosec and whatnot. The jobs here don't seem to ask for a clearance so I was able to sign up.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Had a job interview last week that was absolutely perfect for me - fairly short commute (half of what I do now), triple the pay I make now, a job description that fit my exact qualifications and expertise (multimedia production including graphic design, photography, and videography). The actual interview went incredibly well, and I felt super confident after leaving. The next day I got the rejection call, and they cited I needed more "leadership experience".

I'm 29 and have been in management positions for nearly a decade. I ran stores by myself, handled payroll and marketing, scheduling, everything. I didn't have management in my specific field, however, which is all I can assume they were looking for, but how can I have the opportunity for such experience if I can't get hired for it? My Bachelors Degree is even in Graphic Design Administration, focusing on managing a design team and projects. My portfolio was almost eerily curated for the position, but even that didn't seem to matter. I was moreso confused by the rejection rather than upset, but I'm going to keep trying, I suppose. I can barely make rent each month working full time and it is starting to wear me down.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hey everyone. Do you want to feel better about yourself today? Well you've come to the right place. I just had probably the most embarrassing moment of the past year around noon today. Have a read:

Been looking for jobs for the past 2 months or so because my current contract is over at the end of this year. Not even a bit of luck at any point so far then today, 2 minutes before my lunch break I get a call from a cannabis facility in Vancouver. I'm so taken aback and unprepared for this already and then they ask why I chose to apply for their company over the competition. This is a job I applied for over 3 weeks ago. I panicked and froze like a motherfucker and just stammered for a solid 20 seconds. I apologized and said I wasn't really prepared for this and then they hung up.

God damn am I a socially stunted idiot.

This is the first time I've ever been hung up on during an interview. It could have been my ticket to Vancouver and I fucked it harder then you will ever believe.

I've definately been asked that question before, but it's always during in person interviews after I've had a chance to research the company a bit. Just pulling it out of the blue like that caught me way off guard and like I said I couldn't remember a single thing about the company or job in question. I was like "Well obviously you guys are in the cannabis industry and I really like that you....uhh...i really like that.....ummm..I really like that you guys....I'm really sorry I'm incredibly unprepared for this....you guys like the environment is what I'm trying to say..."

click

Like dear God it couldn't have gone any worse I don't think. Why must my social anxiety ruin everything for me?