• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Huh. Maybe it is only in the general release? This is what the website says.

BPqOI1R.png
Well I guess we'll find out soon. The GM is available for watchOS as well as iOS so I'm installing it in a bit. I don't care about lowering my Stand goal. I usually stand 12 hours anyway. But there are plenty of days where I don't. So I'll probably set it to 8 as well. But I'll change Exercise to like 10 if I can as that's a bit more manageable for me. Still if it doesn't trigger when I'm working I don't know what I'd do. Hell there have been days where I just started a workout at work while working to see if it closes and it still doesn't do much. I think it only really works if I am constantly moving in one direction but at work I'm all over the place so it doesn't really see it as exercise. Plus I stop and stand for minutes at a time and it keeps asking if I want to end my workout.

Calaba

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess we'll find out soon. The GM is available for watchOS as well as iOS so I'm installing it in a bit. I don't care about lowering my Stand goal. I usually stand 12 hours anyway. But there are plenty of days where I don't. So I'll probably set it to 8 as well. But I'll change Exercise to like 10 if I can as that's a bit more manageable for me. Still if it doesn't trigger when I'm working I don't know what I'd do. Hell there have been days where I just started a workout at work while working to see if it closes and it still doesn't do much. I think it only really works if I am constantly moving in one direction but at work I'm all over the place so it doesn't really see it as exercise. Plus I stop and stand for minutes at a time and it keeps asking if I want to end my workout.

I'm on the Watch OS 7 GM— you can change the stand goals.

Activity App -> Change Goals

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. I think it is a factor of pace and heartrate. I have gone on long 5hr hikes and only had 2 hrs of exercise register.

Stand minutes are more painful for me. I am at a standing desk and stand does not register. Then I have to be careful with my sleep timing if I miss it 3-4 times in a day.

I'm guessing they probably made as many sizes of these as there are holes in the existing sport bands, so if you could find a perfect fit with those, you'll be OK here. If not, you should at least be able to get something very close.

I printed out the sizing guide provided on the site & am between the 6 & 7 (on my sport band, I'm on like the 4th hole from the top 😅) so I guess I could try the size 6 really... 🤔

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I think it is a factor of pace and heartrate. I have gone on long 5hr hikes and only had 2 hrs of exercise register.

Stand minutes are more painful for me. I am at a standing desk and stand does not register. Then I have to be careful with my sleep timing if I miss it 3-4 times in a day.
Yes, exercise is tied to your heart rate. And think of stand as "move for a minute." If you're standing but still, like at a standing desk, it will not trigger. This is coming from someone who has closed his rings every day since Series 1, btw.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

I haven't cared about exercising every day since Earth Day last year when they had a challenge to do 30 minutes of exercise, so I walked all around my neighborhood for 45 minutes and closed the ring way more than enough and it didn't give me the achievement. I said fuck this and never bothered to exercise daily again.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough of an upgrade to ditch my series 4, but I did grab a solo loop cuz those look pretty sweet! I wanted to spring for a braided loop, but I feel like that would get gross when I exercise and sweat on it, and I don't want to constantly switch bands.

Love my Apple Watch, but they fucked up and made the Series 4 too good.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, not much of a leap over the S5 but that's alright. I have an inoperable S4 stuck in a boot loop so I was hoping Apple was going to lower the price from $280 to send it in to get checked out to sub $200 like the S3 maintenance did when the S5 launched, but nope same price. Frustrating and not sure whether I should just spring for a new S6

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Can't wait for my S6 to come in - should be shipping in 2-4 days for delivery before the end of the month.

I got the Graphite Stainless Steel 44mm and the Deep Navy Sport Band. I'm puzzled why they kept Space Black Stainless Steel only for the Hermès models only this year, as it's my favorite color of the watch but definitely not worth spending $500 extra for.

The graphite looks remarkably similar to the space black on their website but I'll judge it once it arrives.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I ordered a 44mm space grey aluminum with Nike band. Supposed to be here before end of month. Coming from a lowly $35 Miband 4.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested in selling off my SS gold Series 4 and getting the blue aluminum on matching yarn band... but shipping in mid Nov? Damn, guess I should have decided sooner.

Maybe BBY will stock them soon.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Downgrading from the 44mm S4 to 40mm S6. Hope I can still live life without ragrets. These 2-tone sport loops are stunning!

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I order multiple but only was charged for one. I look forward to seeing what shows up on Friday.

Caved and ordered both the green & navy solo loops but decided to play it safe and get a size 7 (I'm between a 6 & 7).

The green is supposed to arrive on Friday while the navy can show up between next Friday & October 8th 🙃

We shall see...

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So just to be super clear, the rumored fast charging in the Series 6 ended up not being a thing? That would be one feature that could make me buy, since it would fundamentally change the way I wear it. I currently don't wear it at night, that's when it charges, but if fast charging was a thing I could wear it for a day and quickly charge in the morning.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Nike series 4 back when it launched. Where can I find comparisons to see if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
The solo loops have a flaw for me. I'd need to get a stand or charge the watch horizontally because I won't be able to lay it flat to charge. Plus you need to refer to a sizing sheet to find the one that fits. Yeah, no. I think I'll stick with the trad options...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
As a Series 5 owner, not much reason to upgrade, but that's ok. I was hoping to get at least 2 to 4 years out of this watch before I feel the need to buy anew one.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
So just to be super clear, the rumored fast charging in the Series 6 ended up not being a thing? That would be one feature that could make me buy, since it would fundamentally change the way I wear it. I currently don't wear it at night, that's when it charges, but if fast charging was a thing I could wear it for a day and quickly charge in the morning.
No, it's there. Said to be 15 percent faster than S5.

9to5mac.com

Apple Watch Series 6 tidbits: Faster charging, 5GHz Wi-Fi, Solo Loop and Braided Solo compatibility - 9to5Mac

Apple today officially unveiled the new Apple Watch Series 6, bringing new color options, faster performance, and support for blood...

Anthanes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think S6 was worth the extra 100 or so dollars so I got a refurbished S5 for 340 including tax on the apple store.

Really excited it for it as it's my first apple watch!

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
The graphite looks remarkably similar to the space black on their website but I'll judge it once it arrives.
If you go to a watch customizer, and take a screenshot of the black Hermes watch and then another of the new steel graphite watch, and flip between them, you'll see that they use exactly identical image for the two watch cases. Only the watch face and the strap is different.

New gold color is definitely different. I'm not convinced that the black color is really different. If it has changed, my guess is that Hermes one may have changed also, just kept the name, and that it will be a dark gray like the "black" titanium one (which wasn't black at all), but shiny.

Last edited:

jizzywinks

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Going to try and keep my S3 going for another year. The slightly faster charging is actually the most attractive feature to me for the S6.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted the always on display, but last year was barely an upgrade over my S4, so getting the Gold Stainless Steel S6.

Wish they had the double tour and buckle in 44mm, I have larger wrists so the smaller one wouldn't look right. (Ironically I have small hands, so the Max phones are a no go for me. lol)

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was going to get a Series 5 after getting my Series 3 repaired but was told to wait because they'd probably have a new one. Guess I might as well upgrade now.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing that makes me feel like I need to upgrade from my S4, which honestly is a good thing imo when it comes to a watch imo. It's a silly mental thing but I don't want to feel like I should be upgrading my watch every couple of years.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Still rocking a Series 2. Will definitely jump onto an SE for sure.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Almost tempted to impulse buy an SE but I have no printer or measuring tape for the solo loop measurement 🤔

Then again not sure if I'd want the always on display of the 6.

Last edited:

Ianan

Oct 26, 2017
Liverpool
I've been rocking a Series 2 since it launched. I'm gonna get a Series 6 soon.
Anyone here get Cellular on their watch? Was it worth it?
Stainless Steel or Aluminum? hmmm

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Had a second thought overnight. Refurbs on the Apple Store are going for 289 quid for an S5 40mm, and I can sell my S3 on eBay for about 100. No brainer at this point.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I've been rocking a Series 2 since it launched. I'm gonna get a Series 6 soon.
Anyone here get Cellular on their watch? Was it worth it?
Stainless Steel or Aluminum? hmmm

if you get stainless steel you get cellular as standard

I have a space black stainless steel Series 4.
I had stainless steel S0 from around launch.

i don't think I could go to an aluminium watch now. They're lighter for one and I like the weight of the SS watches and that sapphire screen (if it still has one) is personally a must for me with the job I do.

i still wear my S0 from time to time, it still looks fantastic even though it's a lot slower than my S4.

Dec 11, 2017
Is there any difference between the Nike and the regular SE? I know the Nike has its own watch faces, but I wasn't sure if it lacked any of the regular ones.

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Almost bought one on a whim as I'm getting back into running and I've not upgraded since the 2.

Just a heads up, you can customise the materials / colours and strap on their website but it's kind of hidden behind a new customisation tool. You can drop the price quite a bit by choosing the old nylon bands instead of these new fugly woven ones.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I will keep my Series 3 another year. Would have taken the SE with an always on display.