• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you subscribe to Apple One?

• Yes

Votes: 173 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 190 38.3%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 91 18.3%
  • Can't give up Spotify/other service

Votes: 42 8.5%

• Total voters

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly debating it once my free trials for Apple Arcade and Apple TV+ run out. Right now I subscribe to Spotify Duo ($13 Canadian) and 500gb of iCloud ($5 I think), so $18 a month and Apple One family plan with 500gb of iCloud is $21. My only issue is that I REALLY like Spotify, I've tried Apple Music many times without really loving it. But I can't deny the value is there for Apple One.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Nope, not as long as Spotify is better and they continue to give a free year of Apple TV+ with each hardware purchase.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Premium. Was already paying $15 for Apple Music family + $10 for iCloud so was an easy decision.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
apple tv is nearly useless. there is no content.
Incorrect

200.gif

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Currently I only sub to Apple Music, but I'm about to lose my student pricing on that. So I am thinking of just jumping into the lowest tier one. Apple TV+ has some good shows and Apple Arcade actually has some games I really enjoy every now and then.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do. I wanted Fitness + and already have Music family plan so it was a no brainer to get the rest for only a few more dollars a month

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Apple Music is awesome, and Arcade continues to secretly be a source of a lot of great games. Apple TV+ still has a ways to go, but there are some worthwhile shows for sure

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad Pro. I feel like the majority of Apple's services are inferior to available alternatives, so I have zero interest in paying for them.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I will as soon as my free trials are finished. It's a no brainer. Some people think Spotify is far superior to AM but I'm not one of those people; the value proposition of Apple One far outweighs the perks of Spotify for me.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Had already subscribed to News+, Music, iCloud 2TB, and Arcade before it was announced. Across 3 Apple IDs in the household. Only made sense to upgrade.

And we immediately made sure to watch Ted Lasso once we had access to TV+.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
Yeah. I'm on their priciest plan too. I was already paying for Apple Music family plan and the highest tier data storage, so it ended up being an additional 5 dollars for all of Arcade, Fitness, News, and TV. I decided the 5 dollars was worth it for all those products, even though I never would have bought one of them separately.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
yes, Apple Music Family & iCloud make it worth it

once my youngest is sleeping through the night i will upgrade for Fitness+ as well

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I would if I wasn't already getting Apple Music through Verizon for free. I don't use the other services included in Apple One besides Apple Arcade

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
No.
I pay 3 bucks for 200 gigs of Icloud Space
Ten dollars for Apple Music.

So at the lowest tier, I spend 2 more bucks for Apple TV but I lose 150 gigs of storage. For me to make it up I have to pay 7 bucks, which I would do if I was an avid watcher of Apple TV...

....but I don't watch Apple TV now even though I got a year of it for free.

If somehow they improved their fitness offering and folded it into the service id think about it more

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
No. Verizon gives me AppleMusic for free, I don't need more than the .99 cent cloud package for back ups, and I'm just not interested in the rest of the services.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I switched from Spotify because of their CEO and low artist remuneration. I already paid for the 200gb iCloud plan, so Apple one basically just meant I get free Apple TV+ and arcade (neither of which I use).

i honestly don't like the Apple Music interface as much but at least it has a browser interface now. Worth it not to support Spotify too.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I have Arcade and TV+ on trial right now and I don't care for either of them. 200GB storage is kind of skimpy for the $20 tier.
I'm fine with just my Music sub.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I was already paying for Apple Music family plan and 200 GB of iCloud storage, so switching over to Apple One essentially gives me TV + and Apple Arcade for free.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the key is going in on it with others or family. $30 spread 3 ways for the max tier isn't bad for what you get. There's not near as much value for an individual trying to get the fitness+ tier without others.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about it. But I recently started using YT music since they gave the migration option (I already pay for Premium), so I ditched Apple Music. I've only watched that one series starring the guy from It's Always Sunny in nearly the entire year I've had Apple TV. I've recently subscribed to Apple News; that's about it.

So it isn't worth the price of admission though that could change in the future.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I would if I could combine Apple Music and apple news and get rid of Apple Arcade.

Is the iTunes storage for a family plan kept separate? IE I don't want to see my kid's pictures, and don't want him seeing mine. Or is it all mixed together?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
No, the only Apple service I pay for is the $1 a month iCloud storage for photos. I prefer Spotify to Apple Music, I literally did not use Apple TV+ a single time in the year I had it free, and I play gacha games so I have no need for Apple Arcade.

If there was a tier of Apple One that got me Apple Music and some sort of cloud storage for $10 (ie, less than Spotify), i'd consider it though

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Nah. I have no interest in most of what they offer. I pay a buck per month for 50GB of space. If I needed more I'd just pay the $3. I don't care about Apple Music as I own all my music and can't stream as I don't have unlimited data. Don't care about anything on AppleTV+. Don't care about Arcade. Don't care about News+ as I get all my news from non-pay sites. And don't care about the Fitness stuff. $1 per month is all Apple gets from me.

If I was an Apple Music user I'd definitely jump on but I just don't care about music streaming! Not Pandora. Not Spotify. Not Apple Music. Don't care about any of them. So I'm happy where I am.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, Premier. Music + TV + extra iCloud data was enough, but now that I have One I use News and Fitness as well. Don't have much time for gaming, but I expect I'll check out some of those Arcade games.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I was, then cancelled.

Pros: really enjoyed the service. Music discovery was great and it was easy to add songs I heard on their radio stations right into my collection. I found dozens of artists that i now follow and love that I never would have heard without this service.

Cons: I am very anal about my folder hierarchy, structure, and organization for my music. Like, everything consistent and perfect. Apple Music just does whatever the fuck it wants. It was like someone coming into my home and not wiping their feet on the rug. Huge strike for me. The other big issue is the file formatting. I prefer FLAC. I do not prefer Apple's formats, as they are not always compatible across devices. It's not fun when I want to use my old portable MP3 player, for example.

I'm the end, I realized that having full control of my library, file formats, and it's structure was too important to me Than the service so I cancelled. I miss the music discovery.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Huh, I didn't know this was a thing. I pay for Apple Music and Apple Tv+ separately which I think is the same as an individual Apple One subscription per month. However, I wouldn't use any of the other services. So... probably too lazy to go change it for things I won't use.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I get Apple music free through Verizon so despite having apple arcade and the 2tb iCloud plan, it's cheaper to stay piecemeal.

Fitness+ didn't have enough cardio specific stuff unless I'm blind

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to but I use spotify rn. kind of wanting to switch over but I dunno if I'm ready yet

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming no since I can't find a reference to it anywhere on its webpage, but does Apple One include iTunes match?

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Nope. I subbed to Apple TV+ to watch For all Mankind and Greyhound one month then canceled. (kind of light on content but I'll resub for a month to watch the next season of For all Mankind) No intention of spending money on a music subscription. Apple News would be nice but $30 a month for the bundle no way. I'd consider Apple Arcade if I had a newer iOS device (iPhone SE 1st gen and iPad Air 2 ain't so hot these days lol).

tmdorsey

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Not yet, but will as soon as my AppleTV+ free trial is up. I already sub to Apple Music Family plan and 200GB iCloud storage plan, so it make sense to sign up for it eventually.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've thought about it, but I'm grandfathered into an excellent price for YouTube music. YTM stinks but I get YouTube Premium with it so it's worth it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I do music and News which is $20 right there so I probably should but I'm not entirely sure I will get $10 of value out of TV+ and Fitness to make it worth it. Have a trial of TV+ right now for the next few months and while I enjoyed The Morning Show and Ted Lasso there isn't much else there.

Oct 25, 2017
If the cloud storage for the individual plan was higher I'd do it. 50 is not enough, but there aren't enough people in my family that would utilize the family plan. I don't really care all that much about apple TV or arcade, but they'd basically be freebies at that point. I still have a month left on my 1 year trial of apple tv and I've never even used it once. Did a 3 month trial of arcade and barely used that either.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I have Apple Music for free already through my network and still on a free year of Apple TV, so maybe later

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Apple One Premier tier. No regrets. It's only about $2-3 more than what I was paying for iCloud and Apple Music Family and News+ (don't laugh, haha).

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
I do music and News which is $20 right there so I probably should but I'm not entirely sure I will get $10 of value out of TV+ and Fitness to make it worth it. Have a trial of TV+ right now for the next few months and while I enjoyed The Morning Show and Ted Lasso there isn't much else there.

Did you watch Mythic Quest yet? Probably not enough on its own to hook a user, but it's a fun, stupid show that covers gaming stupidity pretty well. Their quarantine episode was really well done.

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Did you watch Mythic Quest yet? Probably not enough on its own to hook a user, but it's a fun, stupid show that covers gaming stupidity pretty well. Their quarantine episode was really well done.

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

I tried watching the first episode and didn't hate it but it didn't stick. I've heard good things about that and For All Mankind so I've got those on my backlog but haven't had any urgency to get to them.