• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MY IPhone X was working fine... no issues.. now after the update, my face ID, Flashlight and camera are all dead. Anybody else had this issue? I have tried resets and the backup... nothing is working.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't use an iPhone, but just a guess: have you had your phone repaired at all by a non-Apple authorized repair place?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping 13.1 today fixes the intermittent cell network drops I've been getting. Really annoying. This is the worst iOS rollout they've had in years

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
With millions of iPhones it's bound to happen to some people. I'm sure Apple will help you out. Schedule a Genius Bar appointment.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've been on the beta for months and haven't had any weird unexpected issues in quite awhile. Nothing like described in the OP.

But yeah, there's always going to be a risk of something going wrong any time you update. Sometimes you just get a bad draw. Sometimes it's stuff that was gonna happen anyway but you did something like an update right before and the timing just makes it seem more related than it is.

Your best bet is to just talk to an Apple person since anything said here will just be speculation.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Penn Jillette on his recent podcast also said that iOS 13 broke his FaceID completely, and the problem persisted even when he got the iPhone 11.

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
#justiosthings

I remember the fun with iOS 11, was really hoping it wouldn't make a comeback.
This can happen with literally any electronic device.

I had the iOS13 Public Beta for a while and never encountered anything like OP described. These kind of issues seem isolated with what I've seen online and from /r/iOSBeta.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This can happen with literally any electronic device.

I had the iOS13 Public Beta for a while and never encountered anything like OP described. These kind of issues seem isolated with what I've seen online and from /r/iOSBeta.
That would be nice, as the iOS 11 issues most assuredly weren't isolated.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Platform Warring
Can't wait to see Apple fan boys start blaming OP for breaking his phone via software update.