• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I got a free year with my new iPhone and we've watched and enjoyed The Morning Show, but wasn't sure if anything else on there was worth our time. I've noticed that most sites haven't bothered to review episodes beyond what Apple sent out initially which I'm guessing is seriously hurting things. I did find that io9 did a review of the full season of For All Mankind, which seems to be the only one out there.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I got a free year with my new iPhone and we've watched and enjoyed The Morning Show, but wasn't sure if anything else on there was worth our time. I've noticed that most sites haven't bothered to review episodes beyond what Apple sent out initially which I'm guessing is seriously hurting things. I did find that io9 did a review of the full season of For All Mankind, which seems to be the only one out there.
I binged For All Mankind and Servant and loved both. Servant especially is really creepy, weird, and cool. I also started Truth Be Told which is pretty good too, but I like anything with Aaron Paul, so yeah.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Servant is wild, I'm low-key obsessed with it.

I must've watched a different Morning Show than the rest of you, though. It's hate-watchable at best, so stupid and ridiculous and gross. If the Razzies ever care to expand beyond movies, Aniston and Carell should be first in line.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Servant is wild, I'm low-key obsessed with it.

I must've watched a different Morning Show than the rest of you, though. It's hate-watchable at best, so stupid and ridiculous and gross. If the Razzies ever care to expand beyond movies, Aniston and Carell should be first in line.

How long until today's episode releases?

edit: oops, I guess I'm a day early.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please tell me: is Servant a bad idea for someone who recently had a kid he's deeply attached to?

Because it sure looks like it.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Someone please tell me: is Servant a bad idea for someone who recently had a kid he's deeply attached to?

Because it sure looks like it.

Maybe something changes by the end of the season, but I'm 6 episodes in and the baby is not the focus of the show, and it's barely even acknowledged beyond an object that exists within the household for some of the episodes.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love the show, but the product placement deserves an award for how excessive it is. FaceTiming on an iPhone while AirPlaying it to the TV? Chef's kiss.

I honestly never notice it. Probably so intuned to what is happening I don't even notice it. A series like this that is set in one location the product placement makes sense.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I just watched it and liked it. Pretty unique premise which can work for you or be nit picked to death if you analyze too much.

It's more Walking Dead in tone than Game of Thrones though so be ready for that.

I felt people were really anal over See, I thought it was excellent

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been watching Servant, which is really good. To be honest, while it doesn't have much content yet, I've enjoyed a lot of the shows and have watched it more than Disney +.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I low key won't lie For All Mankind is a really great show prolly one of the best new shows of last year imo. See was trash but Jason Momoa was giving that trash his all and I actually really enjoyed it. See requires a bunch of suspension of disbelief but once you get there it's a pretty fun action adventure romp with blindpeople doing sick 360slice combat choreography, if only the finale hadn't felt rushed as all heck I'd be actively recommending it. Like I've only seen 2 ATV shows but I'm kind of considering trying Servant and others due to how much I enjoyed the 2 shows I've seen so far.

Does anyone even deeper in the ATV lineup got some recommends?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I started The Morning Show. It's alright so far. A bit hard to take Carrel seriously and the writing is kinda over the top in a way I'm not sure they meant, but I'll stick with it as I've heard good things about later episodes.
I low key won't lie For All Mankind is a really great show prolly one of the best new shows of last year imo. See was trash but Jason Momoa was giving that trash his all and I actually really enjoyed it. See requires a bunch of suspension of disbelief but once you get there it's a pretty fun action adventure romp with blindpeople doing sick 360slice combat choreography, if only the finale hadn't felt rushed as all heck I'd be actively recommending it. Like I've only seen 2 ATV shows but I'm kind of considering trying Servant and others due to how much I enjoyed the 2 shows I've seen so far.

Like you, I adored For All Mankind. See was also surprisingly fun. I definitely wouldn't call it trash. It's a bit pulpy and can be nitpicked but it was pretty compelling and unique enough to watch.

I loved Servant. It was absolutely enthralling. Be aware though you're not getting definitive answers in season 1 or possibly ever. They purposefully wrote the show so there were two tracks. You can believe in supernatural or there's a more practical explanation available. Just go with the flow and embrace the "what the fuuuuuck is happening" and you'll love it.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I've enjoyed everything on Apple TV+. Just watch 1-2 episodes of any new show on their and see if you like it. Might surprise yourself as I think each show is very well made and produced.