• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
www.macrumors.com

Apple Renews 'For All Mankind' for a Third Season

Prior to the release of the second season of "For All Mankind," Apple today announced that it has already renewed the series for a third...

"Prior to the release of the second season of "For All Mankind," Apple today announced that it has already renewed the series for a third season. Season 2 of the show is set to premiere on Friday, February 19, 2021."

Very glad to see the faith Apple has in this show. It is incredible. If you have not watched it yet, you really should.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Apple has been doing good work renewing shows and giving them a shot. Enjoy this one a lot. Between this, Servant, and ted lasso, hope they get renewed some more.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to season 2. Hopefully we get 6 seasons or so. And wonder if by season 6 we will be far into the future.

Jul 4, 2018
First season was very good, started a bit slow but ramped up. I was surprised I enjoyed the fiction of the series to the actual space race stuff (which generally I love.)

I'm expecting Season 2 will be even better than the first and only a couple more months wait now.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I just bought a new iPad and immediately created a new Apple ID to get another free year of ATV+. I signed up for it last year at the same time as Disney + and it has blown D+ out of the water. Seems like all of my favorite shows have been picked up for a third season despite never airing season 2. I will stay subscribed to any service that employs Ted Lasso.

May 10, 2018
I haven't watched but its cool that Shantel is getting consistent work. Seems like lately every show she's on, she doesn't last long.

jizzywinks

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Not being a subscriber, I've only watched the first episode but it was pretty decent. This reminds me I need to redeem the free year off my work iphone.

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Dickinson, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, Long Way Up, The Morning Show, Little America...I honest to god had basement tier expectations for the service, but damn if they didn't hook me.

Still need to check out Servant; even middling fare like Tehran was decent enough.

HBO has gone into the shitter since Time Warner bought them, but Apple TV is shockingly good for being mostly free or $5/mo.

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear that! Really enjoyed the first season and I can't wait to see more.

I think it really clicked for me on the second episode where they did the Apollo 11 landing. After watching contently I suddeny realised that I didn't know what was going to happen

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read that and had to think for a second "wait did I just watch the first or second season?" haha. Good to hear though, like the show so far.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I read that and had to think for a second "wait did I just watch the first or second season?" haha. Good to hear though, like the show so far.

Same, got excited thinking second season was out.

Great show, really enjoyed season one. Found myself checking a history book on a few points, they wrote the story so well.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Such great news. That first season is a near masterpiece. It goes places.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I like this description of season 2:
Season two of the space drama picks up a decade later in 1983. It's the height of the Cold War and tensions between the United States and the USSR are at their peak. Ronald Reagan is president and the greater ambitions of science and space exploration are at threat of being squandered as the US and Soviets go head-to-head to control sites rich in resources on the moon. The Department of Defense has moved into Mission Control, and the militarization of NASA becomes central to several characters' stories: some fight it, some use it as an opportunity to advance their own interests, and some find themselves at the height of a conflict that may lead to nuclear war.