• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
www.apple.com

iPhone SE: A powerful new smartphone in a popular design

Apple today announced the second generation iPhone SE, a powerful new iPhone featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display.

Apple today announced the second-generation iPhone SE, a powerful new iPhone featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, paired with Touch ID for industry-leading security. iPhone SE comes in a compact design, reinvented from the inside out, and is the most affordable iPhone. The new iPhone SE is powered by the Apple-designed A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone, to handle the most demanding tasks. iPhone SE also features the best single-camera system ever in an iPhone, which unlocks the benefits of computational photography including Portrait mode, and is designed to withstand the elements with dust and water resistance.

Apple_new-iphone-se-black-white-product-red-colors_04152020_inline.jpg.medium.jpg

Is anyone on ERA buying one? If you trade in an iPhone 8 then it goes down to 229, and $9/month for those who were wondering..

For me $9/month for however long is tempting af.

Last edited:

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it having the A13 chip is really enticing. Sucks that it has such a small screen, though, less interested in getting it over the budget iPad.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is actually quite tempting, I like the size/formfactor of my current iphone 7... hmmmm

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Out of no where. Was hoping for an all screen design, but touch id is back to being a killer feature in these mask wearing times.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Same battery life as iPhone 8" any other details? The original SE had amazing battery for when it launched.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Home button and huge bezels? LOL. Apple is so stupid.

Stupid is the wrong word. Wholly uninspiring is more apt for how I feel about this and many of their other products of late.

Last edited:

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So, basically it's

iPhone 8 body
iPhone 11 internals (CPU/GPU)

what's the camera equivalent?

It's weird that there's no mention of Night mode. Which is weird, because iPhone XS owners were told that the A13 chip is what makes night mode possible. What gives?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Does this support 5G?

Insta buy if it does.

The inclusion of home button and small size makes it instantly the best iphone for me.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting it to come with an A13.

I never thought I'd see the day, but this is actually a good deal from Apple.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this phone will most likely last as long as the original iPhone SE considering it's using the latest A13 Bionic chip. Too bad it still has these ugly bezels, ugh.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
So it appears that the camera does not have the night mode. That's somewhat disappointing as I thought it was really a software feature that required the new processor. Oh well there are 3rd apps that do a pretty good job of replicating it.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Black bezels on the white model has killed it for me. I'll probably just wait for the rumoured 5.4-inch OLED iPhone 12.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
It's an iPhone with top of the line internals and camera for $399. This will easily be Apple's best selling iPhone this year.
How does that change the fact that their design is outdated and stupid? Every other phone they make is overpriced, so yeah, the cheaper one is going to sell more. How is that shocking? The XR outsold the more expensive phones too.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Still too big and no headphone jack means my old SE is going to have to keep on chugging on for the foreseeable future.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I love it, might be a great update from my 8.

love the logo on the middle now, and that camera hmmmmmmm

hope there's night mode