• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Popelady

Growth Manager at Splash Damage
Verified
Mar 11, 2019
I've heard things (and know things) but it should be pretty good. Supposedly might need to be moved to gaming rather than forums .

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
So do we think they'll announce a tv style streaming service or just the gaming thing today? I'm actually hoping more for a tv service, for as much as I love Vue, competition is always nice.

Popelady

Growth Manager at Splash Damage
Verified
Mar 11, 2019
So i really like mobile games. some are actually really amazing. I'm thinking of games like this war of mine, the escapists. Even cultist simulator and other games are coming to mobile in 2019. Like surgeon simulator even went on iPad. Mobile games are awesome when done right.

Then again, i'm also biased cos I like games i can play on my pc and mobile. I love my good solid RPG's but i also love playing a level of stardew valley in bed before sleep.

MY gut brain says its not a streaming service. Then again, I don't know anything official

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So i really like mobile games. some are actually really amazing. I'm thinking of games like this war of mine, the escapists. Even cultist simulator and other games are coming to mobile in 2019. Like surgeon simulator even went on iPad. Mobile games are awesome when done right.

Then again, i'm also biased cos I like games i can play on my pc and mobile. I love my good solid RPG's but i also love playing a level of stardew valley in bed before sleep.

MY gut brain says its not a streaming service. Then again, I don't know anything official

Isn't it just a subscription service for games?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in Apple's vision for gaming if they have serious one. There's clearly an industry shift coming and I'm curious how it will shake out.

Oct 27, 2017
Not remotely interested in a news service. Far too much free news to care. Mobile gaming pass also means nothing to me as long as mobile games are played on glass. Would be interested in a limited TV subscription service that includes discounted HBO. I expect we'll see a bunch of trailers for their new shows.Hopefully it's better than the junk they've already put out.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really bothered about another streaming service but I'll watch this out of curiosity and the slim chance that they finally announce an AirPower launch. As someone in the UK I'm expecting a "US-only at first, other regions to follow later) gotcha for streaming stuff.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
John Gruber posted something interesting about gaming today... what he descibes doesnt sound like a streaming service. Posted as "what I would do if I were Apple" but he has amazing birdies.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be glad to finally have Apple News in Canada. If it ends up being ~$9.99 a month to gain access to numerous news sources I'll probably bite, depending on which are involved. It's becoming increasingly annoying to see Toronto Star and The Globe & Mail hiding articles behind a paywall, but I want to see what other international news sources they have available as well.

I know in Canada too that HBO content is locked behind CraveTV, so I want to see what Apple does and if there's a new deal to have HBO content on Apple's streaming services.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
John Gruber posted something interesting about gaming today... what he descibes doesnt sound like a streaming service. Posted as "what I would do if I were Apple" but he has amazing birdies.

Yeah, very interesting in that it looks like he's laying out the whole plan without saying directly it's a leak.

If this is truly an all inclusive subscription for music, tv, news and games for one price, wow! That would be huge.

Oct 25, 2017
A low cost Apple TV would be amazing, make it a dongle or something just to stream stuff (since LG sucks ass and won't bring airplay to the 2018 OLEDs). Their hardware costs too damn much these days.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Isn't this the subscription based service that's been discussed in other threads? The one where developers get paid by time spent on a game?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Isn't this the subscription based service that's been discussed in other threads? The one where developers get paid by time spent on a game?
It's mainly about a news subscription and their new Netflix competitor with original content, however their game subscription service has also been rumoured to show up at the event.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
A low cost Apple TV would be amazing, make it a dongle or something just to stream stuff (since LG sucks ass and won't bring airplay to the 2018 OLEDs). Their hardware costs too damn much these days.
That would be great.

I've long since stopped using my old Apple TV that's super slow, but now that they have Vudu and Amazon Video (I think) it would be nice to have a newer one if it wasn't so expensive.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They would have pre-announced if that were the case. I think they wanted to get all that stuff out of the way to concentrate on this new service. Apple is starting to see their device growth won't be limitless.

Yup. I think they got their hardware out of the way with those press releases so they can focus on their new services today