• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Apple Arcade desperately needs an Infinity Blade or an equivalent killer app. Shinsekai: Into the Depths... isn't it. They were parading it like a graphical showhorse, but there are way more impressive-looking smartphone games out there that released years ago. Sayonara Wild Hearts looks awesome but is niche and multiplatform. Frogger ain't it, either.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apple_Apple-Arcade_Variety-Daylife_091019_big_carousel.jpg.large.jpg

"Various Daylife" from Square Enix, is a brand-new RPG from the creators of "Bravely Default" and "Octopath Traveler." In the year 211 of the Imperial Era, players explore a newly discovered continent while living life to the fullest in the city of Erebia.

Looks like this team is continuing their tradition of names that barely make any sense

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
ChuChu Rocket! Universe

Thank you Jesus. After it leaked ages ago I was hoping this was just held back for Apple Arcade and not canned entirely. Sadly I likely won't be able to play it since I have no plans to get an iPhone and apparently it won't work on Mac without upgrading to Catalina... but it's nice to see the IP still lives!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Apple Arcade desperately needs an Infinity Blade or an equivalent killer app. Shinsekai: Into the Depths... isn't it. They were parading it like a graphical showhorse, but there are way more impressive-looking smartphone games out there that released years ago. Sayonara Wild Hearts looks awesome but is niche and multiplatform. Frogger ain't it, either.

Infinity Blade. In 2019. Stop it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
In for that price.

The first two games they showed were bad but given the previews I'm confident there will be plenty of good stuff.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
what if I already have Ios 13 beta..do you think I already can take advantage of an Xbox controller?

perhaps. i tried steam link on the Apple TV beta and was able to use my PS4 controller. i also tried a racing game and it worked like butter. if your game has existing controller support the xbox controller should work on the beta.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I think this has the potential to be extremely successful! They've certainly started out with a bang. Apple really knows how to announce a product/service.

Personally, I have zero interest in the platform due to not owning nor ever wanting to own another Apple product, plus my little gaming time is well spent on traditional consoles.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Was wondering since the Apple Arcade section had been started off with an "only on Apple Arcade" statement.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Frankly, I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't step up with a Super Mario Run like mobile game where monetization would be a bad design to see if the subscription model is a good idea for them.

Heck, put SMR on the service as is and give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.