• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Apple Newsroom

Apple.com

airpods-max.jpg

More photos:

Looks pretty nice to me. Much better than the leaked glyphs.

Last edited:

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
$549? Good lord. I will hang on to my M50XBT, as they still have phenomenal audio quality.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ngl if the world was normal and I was flying for work again I'd probably get this.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bet they are amazing but $550? No, sir.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about these if I'm honest, but with that price and design, I'll keep my plans to save for the Sony XM4.

Seeing the new picture of the design, I dislike it even more wow. Even has an apple watch knob on it.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Never has an avatar quote been more appropriate:

28992.jpg

That's an insane price tag :|

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Does it even have an 3.5mm port? I'm guessing not.

Imagine spending that much money on some over ears that will (knowing the quality of AirPods audio) probably be outclassed in fidelity by headphones a quarter the price.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
I wonder how they can justify the premium over the 1000XM4s other than Apple tax.

LOL @ lightning connector, sheesh.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
How is this an Airpod?!?!

Headset and price is not the problem, but they could have given another name, like "Apple AirMax Pro Headset".

Nothing in that image is a "pod".

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Borrowing the Digital Crown (as well as other design elements) from the Watch is the first sign I've seen that Jony Ive is gone. That seems like something he would have never done, as headphones. unlike watches, have no crown to 'digitize'.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Might be good for Apple owners, but they probably have no interest in support more than their own devices. Should have a 3.5mm input for that price though.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
www.apple.com

Apple introduces AirPods Max, the magic of AirPods in a stunning over-ear design

Apple today announced AirPods Max, innovative wireless headphones that bring the magic of AirPods to an over-ear design with high-fidelity audio.

here's a proper link.

Hella expensive.
apple_airpods-max_side-view_12082020_2_carousel.jpg.small_2x.jpg

but I don't hate the design 😅

apple_airpods-max_listening-experience-2_12082020_big_carousel.jpg.small_2x.jpg

They do look comfy as fuck and The Digital Crown for volume control sounds kinda dope

I love the design, but no way in hell would I spend that amount of money for something I can get better or cheaper from Bose and Sony. That's just insane.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Apple Watch like dial but thank fuck I got the MX4s and didn't wait for this. This will be like 700 bucks+tax Canadian. LOCO. I'm sure these will be great but that's a hard price to swallow.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
How is this an Airpod?!?!

Headset and price is not the problem, but they could have given another name, like "Apple AirMax Pro Headset".

Nothing in that image is a "pod".
My thoughts exactly. I assumed AirPods had their name because of their form factor, being "true wireless" buds. This should have a different brand name attached to them.

Also they should be like $300 cheaper wtf.

EDIT: Those ear cushions do look nice, though, and look like they won't gradually flake off after 5 years like my Sonys. Are there other headphones with those kinds of cushions?

Nero3000

May 12, 2020
Airpods have become too common, at least now there is a way to stand out from the crowd.

May 25, 2019
London
LOL at them trying to make the digital crown a thing on headphones

Great design otherwise but $549 is crazy. My Bose QC35's are good enough for now

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
$550 is waaay too much for any pair of headphones, let alone Apple ones.

I'll stick with my Taotronics headphones that I got for $50, thank you very much.

Pizza Luigi

Nov 2, 2017
Crazy to see this. I remember designing a sort of mock-up Apple Headphone a LONG time ago. Almost ten years maybe. It had the click-wheel as interface. It was actually kind of nice. Took 'em quite a while to do it.

iclefwebpage2.jpg

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lightning connector, no 3.5mm jack, high price, keeps the pod name?, looks like a child toy... Will still sell because it has the Apple name attached to it but yeah, good luck with the strong competition offering from Sony and Bose.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The AirPods were priced to kill when first launched. This? Better be damn good to command the price. Microsoft's perfectly good cans are $250. Sony's excellent set is $350, and often on sale. Apple must think they're competing with a different market here.