• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
How is that different to paying to watch a movie full of rich as fuck actors, made a by multi-millionaire director who works for a corporataion like Disney who have more money than god? If people are entertained by him and appreciate his content, its up to them if they decide to offer a contribution.

Get out of here with calling people moronic.
There's a major difference between investing money into a project released to the public vs streaming a game at zero costs to Ninja.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
first stream isn't even live yet smh

NK4gWQ8.png

DAMN.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
By this logic we should never go to movies, concerts, buy books or music because we are "donating to multimillionaires" in many cases

When you go to watch a movie, a concert, or when you buy a product you are....purchasing the product, or a license, with splits of those money going to the thousands of people who produced it and worked on it (in different % of course).

Im not sure how you and others are comparing that to donating to someone who is streaming on a free platform, who has 40 millions in the bank and who doesnt really need a 500$ donation.

But hey, spend your money in the way you like and have fun

Last edited:

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility, trolling
How is that different to paying to watch a movie full of rich as fuck actors, made a by multi-millionaire director who works for a corporataion like Disney who have more money than god? If people are entertained by him and appreciate his content, its up to them if they decide to offer a contribution.

Take a seat bud.You can let it all out, you're among friends here.

Tell us how much of your hard earned money have you thrown away donating to a streamer? don't be shy, you can justify the ridiculousness of it all anyway it's just like going to the movies right?!? We won't laugh we promise.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Tell us how much of your hard earned money have you thrown away donating to a streamer? don't be shy, you can justify the ridiculousness of it all anyway it's just like going to the movies right?!? We won't laugh we promise.
tenor.gif

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
According to Socialblade, Ninja was starting to bleed followers and views on Twitch before he was hired by Mixer on august. Don't expect to have him in Twitch anytime soon.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Embarassing post.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's worth to make a deal with him, when he left twitch, his numbers for a big streamer were not impressive anymore (20-30k ? i don't remember) and on mixer he had an average of 8000 viewers.
I can't speak to whether making a deal with streamers is worth it. But, by almost any metric, Ninja is one of the biggest streamers in the world.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I don't know why donations to streamers rile this forum up so much. I wouldn't do it but it's their money. Can spend it how they like. I'm sure there's things people spend their money on here that others may find stupid.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy to me just how bad Youtube Gaming is. They never advertise it, to the point where live stuff on youtube is almost hidden from you if you just goto Youtube's base website. They should be surfacing that stuff to people that goto youtube regularly.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this case it's incredibly moronic because people are donating to a multimillionaire.

One of my friends was complaining the other day because one streamer doesn't broadcast on weekends and doesn't make his own YouTube videos anymore, and I had to kindly tell him that's what happens when you make several million dollars a year.

These streamers are filthy rich and they have these fake relationships with their viewers who feel they need to donate to 'support the content'.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Are you guys gonna get mad because he earns money from Streaming??
Try it, Try how hard it is. It's fucking hard work and luck to get to that level
12 hours streaming everyday for a year with trolls on your chat, trying to be the best on that field.
I don't even like him, but I've seen how streamers struggle for years to finally get a decent following.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
He's using this like a drug dealer would use "first hit is free" - showing Twitch/YT what he can bring before he signs anything. Attempt to sweeten the deal.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Good lord imagine STILL donating $500 to someone that makes hundreds of thousands (and millions) in corporate deals. Drop in a bucket. I assume donations like that are just an ego grab for the donator.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017

You're an idiot. I've never even watched the guy, let alone given him money.

I'm not in the business of telling other people what to spend their cash on though. If they can afford it, what's the problem?

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I don't know why donations to streamers rile this forum up so much. I wouldn't do it but it's their money. Can spend it how they like. I'm sure there's things people spend their money on here that others may find stupid.
It doesn't upset me personally...but I'll never understand why someone feels the need to give ninja $500. I assume if they are giving Ninja that much, then they also know he just got paid $30 million from Mixer. The person donating that $500 probably needs it a lot more than Ninja does.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017

I know what you mean , i'm sub to 2 streamers and i watch them a lot more than movies but i still think it's absurd to give thousand of dollars of donation for a guys who just won 30 millions $, of course they can do whatever they want with their money.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize we'd get some Ninja donors up in here.

So what if I do? It's my money that I'd be spending. Would you shame me if I was buying something else? A whole big stack of manga or a fancy dinner? It's none of your business how people spend their money, and shaming them for how they choose to is really sad.

Full disclosure: I have a few monthly Twitch subs to people who aren't super popular, including my Prime sub. Have never actually straight donated money to anyone on Twitch.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys gonna get mad because he earns money from Streaming??
Try it, Try how hard it is. It's fucking hard work and luck to get to that level

Just like a lot of other careers that can lead to wealth. There are a lot more people out there failing than getting to the height of this dude.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
"Whoaaaa! Huge 20 bomb from Drackonic! Thanks, my dude! This guy is INSANE chat ... absolutely insane. OH SHIT! I've got two guys on me! I'm knocked! They're gonna finish me. DAMNIT. Fuck this game. Oh hey, JustBlaze420, thank you for the tier 2 sub, let's get it babyyyy."

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'll watch his stream and all, but what kind of idiot would tip a millionaire $500?

Sub/Donate-Subs? Sure. There are perks to that and shit, sometimes it's cool to see your name pop up.

$500? That's like throwing a grain of sand into the ocean.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
So people give them money to be acknowledged? lol.

EDIT; I know people do. I don't care what others do with their money.

Yeah, this type of donators just want some attention and to be "internet acquaintance/friends". If they get mentioned, They donate more in the future
It's sad really. But hey, if that makes them happy lol

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
he will drop viewers later as usually
wait 1 or 2 months he will be less than 100k maybe 25k

this is the same thing happened in when he first time streamed in Mixer
he has a lot of viewers after 2 months then numbers drops very hard

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
So what if I do? It's my money that I'd be spending. Would you shame me if I was buying something else? A whole big stack of manga or a fancy dinner? It's none of your business how people spend their money, and shaming them for how they choose to is really sad.

Full disclosure: I have a few monthly Twitch subs to people who aren't super popular, including my Prime sub. Have never actually straight donated money to anyone on Twitch.

Streamers are out there grinding dozens of hours for another sub. I think spreading the wealth around to those that make you happy is awesome.

I just don't think someone like Ninja is comparable. He isn't playing for donations. He's beyond donations. Millions for 6 months on Mixr. He doesn't care or need $10 more dollars let alone $500. He'll get that from advertisers in a minute.

Give to the struggling.

OP
OP
Jogi

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Thanks mod for the update. First thread and all, idk wtf I'm doing haha.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Donations lol. I personally don't get bothered by people donating to streamers but Era generally does.

Isn't this guy a millionaire?

I don't really watch streamers, not my thing, but I can't understanding donating to rich people.

It's not much different from paying for blockbuster movie tickets, AAA games, or buying Nike sneakers. You are throwing money at money. (In this case the 'service' is being mentioned)

Except that's wrong. It's going to hundreds of people from the lowest level PA to a highest paid actor. And I can't watch a movie for free, unless if I pirate. There's a huge difference and you know it. You can easily watch someone on Twitch for free. And did you compare watching something to buying sneakers? I need shoes/sneakers, I don't need to watch someone game. Not everyone is buying the rarest of Nikes.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that multimillionaires call the money that kids give them for a quick shoutout a "donation" doesn't sit right with me.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Could you imagine people in the stands throwing wads of cash at athletes as they walk to the locker room or at actors when they go down the red carpet.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
There's a major difference between investing money into a project released to the public vs streaming a game at zero costs to Ninja.

Is it zero cost? Perhaps if you consider time worthless. I don't know enough about him to say for sure, but I would be confident to guess that he puts a fair bit of effort into being a good streamer. There are millions of kids who'd love to be earning what he earns for playing video games, but they aren't. Clearly he does something right that most can't replicate, and has a talent for what he does. He wouldn't hit the viewer and subscriber numbers that he does, and MS wouldn't have thrown millions at him to jump ship to their platform if he didn't have something going on, regardless of whether we recognise it or not.

He's in the business of entertainment and people clearly find him entertaining, and are happy to pay to be entertained by him.

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
Would not be surprised if this dude launches his own streaming platform with some other big streamers in the next few months.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
he will drop viewers later as usually
wait 1 or 2 months he will be less than 100k maybe 25k

this is the same thing happened in when he first time streamed in Mixer
he has a lot of viewers after 2 months then numbers drops very hard
The difference here is he already has an established following of 24 million subscribers on YouTube.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone donate 500 dollars to someone whose worth millions. People are fucking weird man.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hit play and saw what I'm assuming is his wife in the background pouring Dom Perignon for them lol