• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
it was a dream sequence, there was a really bad shot of cyborg and a shot of jared leto as the joker that literally looked like it was something out of a late night talk show gag because of how shoddy the green screening was and how out of place it was (it also has a very "filmed in quarantine" vibe because of how few of the characters were in the same shot)

This one? Yeeeaaaahhhhh that ain't great.

Oh God Cyborg looks SO bad.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if there's a way for them to make Cyborg look good. He looks bad in everything he's been in.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Whoa this look amazing. Not looking at anything else going to wait for the full release.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This legit doesn't look far off that X Men Origins leak before the CG was finished. This is going to be a wild ride to sit through but I kind of feel sorry for the super fans who are hoping for their perfect Justice League.

It could be four hours of a blank screen and they would still say it was perfect, let's be real.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tom and Jerry are part of the DCEU

Prove me wrong.

Tom-and-Jerry-Movie-Arriving-In-New-York-Droopy-Joker-Billboard.jpg

Also that CG, woof. If that's the final version of the film...

It could be four hours of a blank screen and they would still say it was perfect, let's be real.

Why stop at 4?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Diana is insanely fast here.

By the way, she has killed before during WW1 taking out the sniper.
6227893-5310168506-62256.gif
My issue isn't the killing its just the context. Like why is she going THAT hard on a couple of terrorist/bank robbers. In a typical action scene when a character is taking out a group of people maybe 1 out of every 3 take downs reads as fatal. Every one of Wonder Woman's moves seems like she was going for the kill shot. It just seemed like WW's concentrating on getting a high combo in an Arkham game series and not rescuing hostages

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Yes, what would it be like if Zach Snyder directed a violent cartoon

Jerry gets clapped by Tom early. As a cat, Tom slowly tortures him to death as a plaything, not knowing Jerry's offspring are at the mouth of the mouse hole watching their father meet a horrible end. Mrs. Jerry couldn't handle the stress, so the kids raised themselves on the streets, where they had to do anything to survive, to protect each other. One winter day, cold and starving for food, they sneak into a mansion and are almost spotted by a lurking cat. As they flee, a realization is made (via flashback, of course) that it's the very cat that murdered their father. Using the tools they've gained from their experiences surviving on their own, they begin plotting their revenge.

Or is that Paul W. S. Anderson?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Why did they make Cyborg seemingly mostly CGI anyways? In the comics and cartoons he has predominantly normal human proportions. I don't understand why he couldn't be at least mostly practical.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
As a lifelong DC (and Marvel) fan, I've embarassingly only seen one DCEU movie, Wonder Woman and thought it was fine...haven't watched any of the Supes or Justice League or anything else.

Pumped to see this, even if it's a trainwreck that someone lights on fire lol.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
As a lifelong DC (and Marvel) fan, I've embarassingly only seen one DCEU movie, Wonder Woman and thought it was fine...haven't watched any of the Supes or Justice League or anything else.

You should watch Man of Steel and BvS. Might as well.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
You should watch Man of Steel and BvS. Might as well.
Shit I should have said I plan to watch all DCEU in order since, well, I got nothing but time and was gonna watch them at some point anyways lol.

May as well do it right.

I think it'll be interesting watching this version of JL without seeing the "original" cut by WB. May watch it after to compare.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if there's a way for them to make Cyborg look good. He looks bad in everything he's been in.
At least in the other live-action Cyborg appearances his look is budget appropriate. I don't think he looks great in Doom Patrol (though opinions do vary on that one) but he looks acceptable enough for what was presumably a TV budget. He looks awful in Smallville but again, about as close as could be expected when the most they could do was tell someone "go buy the most roboty looking hoodie you can find for fifteen dollars or less".

I'm also not sure whether he can be made to look good in live-action, but I'm pretty confident that he can be done a lot better than he was in Justice League. That incarnation was a strange idea from the start. Even aside from the fact that he's mostly CG, he looks fragile, with lots of complicated external parts and points of egress. He's got a design that could never exist in anything like the real world.

My issue isn't the killing its just the context. Like why is she going THAT hard on a couple of terrorist/bank robbers. In a typical action scene when a character is taking out a group of people maybe 1 out of every 3 take downs reads as fatal. Every one of Wonder Woman's moves seems like she was going for the kill shot. It just seemed like WW's concentrating on getting a high combo in an Arkham game series and not rescuing hostages
Yep, this is exactly the problem. Wonder Woman is infinitely stronger and faster and more capable than these mooks and could handle that situation any number of other ways, but she doesn't care so she's just splatting them. It makes sense now why that scene in the first cut of Justice League was so disjointed, since this was the mess that somehow had to be transformed into Wonder Woman heroically saving a bunch of people without being mindlessly violent. I hope I never have to use the original version of Justice League as a positive comparison for anything ever again, but for all its very many flaws, at least it did understand that bit of that one character.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Why did they make Cyborg seemingly mostly CGI anyways? In the comics and cartoons he has predominantly normal human proportions. I don't understand why he couldn't be at least mostly practical.
They should use a bit of both for sure. There's literally no reason a talented team couldn't create a superb design for him - Marvel adapted Vision, big dumb red face and all, Cyborg should be fine too. The one in Doom Patrol is a good start - tuning that up with CG and a smart design would create something wonderful.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Please make a post when you do it :D

But stay away from the rest... Just correct not seeing Shazam! after seeing this one.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
People are really still that hung up by the Cyborg CGI huh

He always looked iffy.

I can't tell whats real anymore. Every time I see Steppenwolf it looks like a completely different character designed by a different artist. Is this like a Doomsday think where the character evolves over the course of the movie?

1615257091903.jpg
Cull Obsidian looks beautiful with these blue eyes.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell whats real anymore. Every time I see Steppenwolf it looks like a completely different character designed by a different artist. Is this like a Doomsday thing where the character evolves over the course of the movie?

1615257091903.jpg

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell whats real anymore. Every time I see Steppenwolf it looks like a completely different character designed by a different artist. Is this like a Doomsday think where the character evolves over the course of the movie?

1615257091903.jpg
On the plus side, you know Steppenwolf seems to have good oral hygiene.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm definitely not going to judge effects or anything from postage-sized Twitter clips, but seeing Wonder Woman murder all those bank robbers is strange. I know she killed people in World War 1, but I also thought she learned that human life was worth preserving at the end of the movie, so even in WW1984 (problematic as it was), she wasn't splatting guys stealing from malls or burying petty thieves. If she kills sometimes, that's fine, I can see scenarios where she wouldn't hold back, but she isn't the Punisher.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I can't tell whats real anymore. Every time I see Steppenwolf it looks like a completely different character designed by a different artist. Is this like a Doomsday thing where the character evolves over the course of the movie?

1615257091903.jpg
Excuse me, WHAT?!

This can't possibly be real, i fucking refuse