• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If Obama shops existed, they would be targeted by racists. I dont buy the "oh if we saw an Obama shop we would just drive by and definitely make no racist remarks!" Surejan.gif

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one thing coming to terms with the disbelief that a fucking joke like Trump won a presidential election, but I still can't believe that HE is the politician that like a third of this country has turned into their god damn idol.

Like, ok, maybe you're a die-hard Republican or a sort of "single issue" type of conservative, and you hold your nose to vote for Trump because you're still voting in a Republican, but these people who become Trump FANS have got to have like zero critical thinking or self awareness, right? Or, I guess some (most? all?) of them are super racist?
It's much, much more complicated than just racism

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You guys make fun, but at the rate things are going, this guy is going to be named Trump's new Secretary of Labor within the month.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing coming to terms with the disbelief that a fucking joke like Trump won a presidential election, but I still can't believe that HE is the politician that like a third of this country has turned into their god damn idol.

Like, ok, maybe you're a die-hard Republican or a sort of "single issue" type of conservative, and you hold your nose to vote for Trump because you're still voting in a Republican, but these people who become Trump FANS have got to have like zero critical thinking or self awareness, right? Or, I guess some (most? all?) of them are super racist?
They're racist.

Every single one is racist.
Xtl8ePh.png

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I meet more Masshole Trump supporters than I care to reconcile with, but I am seeing a trend: most of them are white (duh) and are men with some pretty old school views about masculinity. I may be off base, but these are my (limited) observations.

Noog

ā–² Legend ā–²
May 1, 2018
Mass is a relatively liberal state but I have passed the occasional big "WE SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP" sign outside of small stores and businesses.

Saw a banner like that outside of a flower store for gods sake

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Everybody is getting in on the grift. It's amazing.

My idea is trump body pillows. It would basically mirror that one pic where he is playing tennis. you know the one wear he is totally not wearing diapers.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Honestly, I'm not a political person, I don't go either way and I don't really follow it," is what Lambert said the man told him, "but if someone's going to tell me I can't do something in this country that we live in, then I'm going to do it."

suuuuuure

#thathappened

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I could see something like this in Maine, but MA? That's surprising. Though the western half is rural.

I don't get how people re still surprised. You realize there are trump supporters in literally every state right? Mass is overwhelmingly liberal, but there are still plenty of republicans.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
there was one in vegas too - in the underground mall around caesars.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Old wood pallets and fucking dangling power cords just hanging out everywhere. Looks like a classy establishment.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
Even the most liberal states will have something like 30ish percent of the population that is conservative.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
People actually adoring political figures is bizarre and worrying. No wonder the US is as divided as it is - people see it as my guy lost and your guy won, so it becomes this very personal thing.

People in positions of state - all the way up to the president - should see you as their bosses, not the other way around.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
People actually adoring political figures is bizarre and worrying. No wonder the US is as divided as it is - people see it as my guy lost and your guy won, so it becomes this very personal thing.

People in positions of state - all the way up to the president - should see you as their bosses, not the other way around.
It's well beyond adoration. It comes across almost like a cult.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
It's well beyond adoration. It comes across almost like a cult.
Yeah, it does. Watching from across the pond I can't help but think of a line from a blogger who, reviewing Ireland's political leaders, made the following astute remark -

We Irish tend to view our politicians with the mixture of pity, loathing and disgust normally reserved for the kind of people who have to go door to door whenever they move to a new neighbourhood

I think the US would greatly benefit from doing the same.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, it does. Watching from across the pond I can't help but think of a line from a blogger who, reviewing Ireland's political leaders, made the following astute remark -

We Irish tend to view our politicians with the mixture of pity, loathing and disgust normally reserved for the kind of people who have to go door to door whenever they move to a new neighbourhood

I think the US would greatly benefit from doing the same.
Until recently, it was the same here in the UK (or in Scotland at the very least). But now we've fallen prey to the same bullshit of idolising politicians.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why do I feel like this kind of ridiculous store is unique to the USA? I would be surprised to find this in Canada or France selling shirts with Trudeau or Macron's face for example. The only other countries I can think of that would do that is dictactorship ones like North Korea.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought MA was pretty left-leaning on the whole,

Boston and Cambridge != MA. Metro Boston for the most part is liberal, however that comes with some exceptions. People are liberal until there's a policy that impacts them (cannabis dispensaries for example) then it's NIMBY to the rescue.

Most of MA (and New England as a whole) is still conservative and puritanical.

Oct 27, 2017
Boston and Cambridge != MA. Metro Boston for the most part is liberal, however that comes with some exceptions. People are liberal until there's a policy that impacts them (cannabis dispensaries for example) then it's NIMBY to the rescue.
New dispensaries seem to be popping up/being announced every few month. How is that your example of an exception?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that most of the US is pretty purple even if the state usually votes blue or red.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
It's interesting how trump has become this brand. like wearing a trump t shirt is 100% a personality signifier for people, the way a band t shirt used to be.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
The grift is so real. I was in the LA airport last week and saw these socks in a tourist goods shop. Down the isle, a pair of Japanese tourists were comparing FBI hoodies.

The worst (most obvious) part is the socks are all made in China, so it's like no matter which side you're on, you're getting mega grifted. But whatever

spoiler alert, that's by design

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen one of these but yeah about 30% of the state voted for Trump in 2016. I think that's the smallest percentage in the US but it's still 30% of voters.

Like others have said I'll still occasionally drove by someone in a pickup truck who has Confederate flags.flying off the back, which is just bizarre but w/e fucking assholes everywhere.

Many Trump supporters stick out here so they show it off to show how different tehy are, like there's a near me and the guy has Trump flags hanging off a flag pole. His neighbors all have the "hate has no home here" lawn signs because of him

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Bellingham 2016

Clinton and person we all forgot: 4033
Fuckhead and creepy puritan: 4059

edit: Obama won both times though.

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
The closer you get to the Hub, the less of this you see.

In the last couple weeks alone? I've seen a Trump supporter call a elderly black couple the n-word, threatening to punch them after the impeachment results aired. When Trump showed up on the Super Bowl pregame had someone place their hand over their heart and yell, "Trump is as American as football!", proceeding to mock the f****t Liberals to just himself.

Those are just the most recent examples, so..yeah, they are among us.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Plenty of these asshats act as a cult so I'm not surprised at all to see this. It's still a big shame though.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh damn I live right by Peabody. Where you from? I'm from Salem originally but live in Rockport atm.

My family has a summer home in rockport we spend a few weeks there every summer. Such a chill place.

I love it there even more so now with legal weed.
always wanted to spend some time there in the winter.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Bellingham 2016

Clinton and person we all forgot: 4033
Fuckhead and creepy puritan: 4059

edit: Obama won both times though.

I grew up not too far away from here, there is a sort of "white working class" vibe to the outer edges of metrowest. I prefer living in the shadow of Cambridge now for sure

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks, remember when this joke actually worked?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My family has a summer home in rockport we spend a few weeks there every summer. Such a chill place.

I love it there even more so now with legal weed.
always wanted to spend some time there in the winter.
Very cool. Tbh I hate it in the Summer though. I live right smack in the middle of downtown and I can barely breathe all season due to the heat and overwhelming lots of tourists every single day. Parking just sucks, too.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very cool. Tbh I hate it in the Summer though. I live right smack in the middle of downtown and I can barely breathe all season due to the heat and overwhelming lots of tourists every single day. Parking just sucks, too.

Oh man yeah it's always crazy at bearskin neck and downtown. I spend most of my time at the quarry down the street since the ocean is so cold.

I love bearskin neck even if my grandfather hated that place lmao. He would always say it's cheap Chinese junk šŸ˜‚

We could go anytime in the winter I need to make that a priority at some point although getting up the hill to our house is probably awful if it's icy.

I live in Ohio and tbh I have been wanting to move to Massachusetts for years.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Was in Vegas last year and loads of shops had Trump shite in their shops

Coming from Ireland I only ever see anti Trump folks on social media. So it is eye opening seeing that he is actually very popular apparently. Plenty I spoke to in Vegas were Trump fans

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Racism is a huge factor, but Republicans also worship billionaires and celebrities (even though they complain about Hollywood). Reagan was only one of those two, and look at the worship of him. Plus, Trump lives to troll liberals, and for the modern conservative, that's more than enough of what they need. You see lots of memes like "Trump 2020, fuck your feelings" and the like. But even with all that said, it is still shocking that Trump went from non-politician to cult leader in just three years in office. His cult is way more devoted than anything Bush 41 or 43 had or even Reagan arguably.