• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You need a modded PS4 of course and the mod is still in development but it is basically like the Enemy Onslaught mod for Dark Souls.

Here is Lobos fighting 3 Father Gacoignes at the same time.

Pretty awesome.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Thread Whining
So we going to just post threads for every single basic mod now or only games era wanks over like Bloodborne?

Oct 25, 2017
I got to see the stream. Cool stuff. I hadn't really thought that BB would ever get a modding scene, so hopefully this breaks the door open. Of course console modding is always smaller than PC though.

The mod itself is neat. It does chug the system though. But, what I really want to see next is an item or enemy randomizer.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
This mod looks terrible. Just adding more enemies and 2x bosses for "challenge" does not make things better. This video proves that by showing how the caster has to jump off a ledge and over and over and cheese the fight in a specific spot.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
This mod looks terrible. Just adding more enemies and 2x bosses for "challenge" does not make things better. This video proves that by showing how the caster has to jump off a ledge and over and over and cheese the fight in a specific spot.

Mods like this exist for all the Souls games. They're not supposed to make the games "better." They're just a fun goofy way of mixing things up.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Slightly off topic but with mods and stuff Sony could make a few million if they released this to pc. But maybe at this point they're waiting on a ps5 remaster.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
There's some straight sour pusses in here. Y'all need to lighten up.

That being said, I could barely beat one gascoigne let alone 3 lol

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So he hasn't made to that far, disappointed.

Actually he just killed them on stream a few minutes ago. There were only 3 health bars; the other 6 shadows displayed their health like regular enemies. He actually managed to beat them on his first try since only the 3 with boss healthbars transformed in their second phase. The others behaved like the regular enemy shadows you find in Mergo's Loft and went down quick.

I'm curious to see a billion Rom spiders jumping around.

Mods like this exist for all the Souls games. They're not supposed to make the games "better." They're just a fun goofy way of mixing things up.

Specially for streamers like Lobos, who has done hundreds of playthroughs of the game on Twitch. There's a reason he keeps playing DS1 on Stream. There are hundreds of mods available that change the game in radical ways. The other day he had a mode on that allowed viewers to change the game in real time as he played by increasing / decreasing NG cycle, giving or taking away souls, changing game speed, reducing his HP to zero, etc. It was madness.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, Since the console has allowed unsigned code to runs mods have existed for plenty of games.
Considering that to mod a PS4 you have to pretty much give up any hope of ever playing online since you are going to be 6-7 FW Updates behind (Which is the exact opposite of the switch, which has a HW level hack), I wouldn't say its not special. This is the first time I've seen a modded PS4 title, and I go through the homebrew scenes for most of the consoles I own.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that to mod a PS4 you have to pretty much give up any hope of ever playing online since you are going to be 6-7 FW Updates behind (Which is the exact opposite of the switch, which has a HW level hack), I wouldn't say its not special. This is the first time I've seen a modded PS4 title, and I go through the homebrew scenes for most of the consoles I own.
There's been mods for GTA V back when 1.76 scene was rolling. That has to be couple years ago.

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 days): Trolling; continuing derail after warning.
So Pokemon ROM hacks are "small scene" but mods for Bloodborne aren't ?

This guy scraped 5 pages of my post history to try and defend bloodborne.

1647339_1.jpg

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
This guy scraped 5 pages of my post history to try and defend bloodborne.

1647339_1.jpg

This is the first time I've personally heard of a PS4 game mod. It's an interesting topic and I'm already learning more about the scene thanks to this thread, even if I will not personally be modding my PS4. And it's definitely far more of a unknown scene than Pokemon mods. But by all means double down on your thread whining and then post disrespectful comments about other users on the same page in which you already received a warning, I'm sure it'll go down well.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing first post.....

And damn I wish I was bold enough to mod my PS4.

This might make me check out the modding scene. I thought these current gen consoles were mod proof.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Amazing first post.....

And damn I wish I was bold enough to mod my PS4.

This might make me check out the modding scene. I thought these current gen consoles were mod proof.

It only works on older PS4s that can be downgraded to specific firmware versions. And of course that means giving up connecting to PSN on that device.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Now I wish there's a mod which unlocks a lot of the unused bosses and enemies which are still on the game code.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
this is amazing. i've been particularly impressed by the dedication of people making efforts to disassemble games like bloodborne to discover all their secrets - to imagine someone modded a ps4 game.

maximum lol at someone coming into this thread with such low effort whines.

also fuck cancer. Lobos is streaming to raise money for st judes, there's a dono link on his twitch page https://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, the sweet blood, it sings to us. It's almost enough to make a man sick.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't even imagine how fucking impossible that would be.

Is there a 3x gehrman boss battle?