• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Sylvester is right wing too, he's even a member of Mar-a-Lago club

No, he is not a member of Mar-a-Lago.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ies-reports-of-mar-a-lago-membership-4165760/

Sylvester Stallone is not a member of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club despite press reports suggesting the contrary, the Rocky star's press representative says.

"Contrary to media reports and rumors, Sylvester Stallone is officially not a member of the Mar-a-Lago Club," Michelle Bega said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday. "He did not join the organization, he did not pay initiation dues."

According to Bega, Stallone attended a fundraising dinner at the Palm Beach, Florida, club "and from that event it was mistakenly assumed that he was there as a member" by Page Six, which cited "area insiders" as the provenance of the information in its April 7 story. (The event raised money to build adoption shelters for animals, Bega adds.)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Still, though.

newFile-1.jpg

He also supported McCain over Obama.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Ah shame, the Rocky/Creed movies don't need this drama, such comfort movies.
I do think Creed 3 will have problems because in 2 he gained the title, had the rise and fall, then comeback, all in one film. I was also hoping they would get a real heavyweight champ to star in this like they planned for Wilder in 2.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
even if the movie had rocky i wouldn't watch it. don't see a real need for a 3rd creed movie.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Youre telling me there's a Creed 3 coming out in a few months directed by MBJ, written by Ryan Cooglers brother, and where he fights Johnathan Majors

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
My favorite part of the Instagram post is the "save your money and go see Top Gun instead" part as if Top Gun didn't come out today and Creed 3 isn't out until November.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Frank Stallone is a turd but Sly was nominated for an acting Oscar for both the original Rocky and the first Creed.

That's great and all, but it still doesn't compute. Unless every other actor in the first Rocky was just considered terrible, or the award wasn't actually for his acting, but for simply being the star of the film that was a phenomenon at the time. Schwarzenegger has never been nominated, and both have similar acting capabilities.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen Sylvester Stallone in multiple movies and MBJ in maybe 2 things. That alone is enough to inform me that the latter being considered as having "less than mediocre talent" relative to the former is completely laughable.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
That's great and all, but it still doesn't compute. Unless every other actor in the first Rocky was just considered terrible, or the award wasn't actually for his acting, but for simply being the star of the film that was a phenomenon at the time. Schwarzenegger has never been nominated, and both have similar acting capabilities.

Its too bad the Oscars never had a best one liner award. Arnie would have like 12 of them.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Frank Stallone was untalented hack begging for attention decades before social media so this doesn't shock me too much.

God I remember the occasional bullshit National Enquirer article about Frank when I was like 10 and I'm 43.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Creed 2 was NOT good, and the best thing about Creed 1 was Sly

Sooooo…….

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

Eh, I have to fight back here. Sly isn't an amazing actor but he's a billion times better than Schwarzenegger.

The original Rocky was a pretty strong, naturalistic performance. He was basically half-playing himself, anyway. It was very good.

Even better was his performance in the first Rambo movie (First Blood) which has so little to do with the subsequent films and just the general Rambo reputation. That one was a straight up character study.

He's also had other strong performances in movies like Cop Land. He isn't the most versatile actor but he can really bring it when he has to.

Arnold isn't capable of anything like that.

Deleted member 10780

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2022
Save your money see top gun? They come out like 6 months between each other

I think I can manage to save up $20 in the next months to go see both.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I have to fight back here. Sly isn't an amazing actor but he's a billion times better than Schwarzenegger.

The original Rocky was a pretty strong, naturalistic performance. He was basically half-playing himself, anyway. It was very good.

Even better was his performance in the first Rambo movie (First Blood) which has so little to do with the subsequent films and just the general Rambo reputation. That one was a straight up character study.

He's also had other strong performances in movies like Cop Land. He isn't the most versatile actor but he can really bring it when he has to.

Arnold isn't capable of anything like that.

Arnie is far funnier than Stallone.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
there have been about 50 good endings for the Rocky character and a couple bad ones lol, from an artistic standpoint it hardly seems a shame.

obviously if Stallone was done dirty somehow in being screwed out of the movie somehow that's a shame but there would have to be some receipts.

Bengraven