• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of shit needs to be exorcised from the industry post-haste.

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
What is it with Sony and hating cross-saves? I'd still play Apex on PS4 if not for that.

edit: Apex thing is an EA issue.

Last edited:

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, kinda obvious not gonna lie, if Rise exclusivity didnt leak it'd still be a safe assumption.

Jun 22, 2018
I can't say whether or not it is true, but it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

Buying timed exclusivity has been Sony's M.O. for years. They're not the only ones who do it, but they do it the most, it seems.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
....We could have had World crossplay/save?

Fucking hell
Hopefully W2 will fare better in that department.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, MH games have always been exclusive to either a Sony or Nintendo platform in some fashion so this isn't surprising? Rise being exclusive to Switch likely isn't because Capcom just want to throw Nintendo a bone.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The delay I thought was obvious. But they were the reason for crossplay and crossaves to not exist?
What?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The PC part was obvious but the crossplay/save part is shitty. Hopefully it happens with Rise.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
This one makes me a little more mad than it probably should. Especially the cross save stuff. I would have double dipped on Iceborne for PC if I could have carried my character over.

What is it with Sony and hating cross-saves? I'd still play Apex on PS4 if not for that.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that one is on Sony. I remember the devs for Apex saying a long time ago that even though cross play was possible for the future, that cross save wouldn't because of the way the backend was built.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Cross save needs to be an industry thing damnit. Don't they realize they'd get more double dips that way. Capcom sure aint afraid of money so come on

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
As expected of Sony, the crossplay shit is the real bad part here.

I mean, MH games have always been exclusive to either a Sony or Nintendo platform in some fashion so this isn't surprising? Rise being exclusive to Switch likely isn't because Capcom just want to throw Nintendo a bone.
Ye, we also got info that Nintendo did the same thing for Rise. Minus the crossplay/save.

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
Doesn't make sense. Why not delay the game on Xbox that is their main competition? Also, SFV is PS4 exclusive on console, and that released on PC at the same time and had cross play if I'm not mistaken.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Well, knowing that Nintendo did the same with Rise this isn't surprised at all lol

The crossplay/crossave part is very shitty though, Shawn Layden things perharps 😬

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018

IIRC it was explicitly revealed in the Capcom ransomware leaks that Rise's timed exclusivity was paid for by Nintendo.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
That literally makes zero sense as it launched on XBO at the same time
There's no one that represent PC to "fight back" or make a counter offer unlike Microsoft's xbox

Like.... No shit? Nintendo has done the same the re: the late announcement of the PC version.

The crossplay and cross save part is new. I've never heard until now that Sony actively paid a developer to not include those features.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same thing is happening with Rise so far.

If it doesn't have cross-play and cross-save then Nintendo made the same deal.

It sucks but it is what it is.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
This was the commonly-accepted rumor back when World was announced/released and a 'Switch-exclusive' MH was supposedly in the works. I think time has shown those rumors to be closer to true than not.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay obstruction is incredibly petit of them. I'm not sure if others have cross play (I don't remember), but surely PC/Xbox/Switch would be uninterrupted by Sony right ?

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
So timed exclusivity is bad but spending billions buying studios is ok and even praised by lots of people?

What would the reaction be if Sony bought Capcom? That's ok right?

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Wait so this isn't even about the Xbox versions, they were blocking the PC release!? Why?

No wonder there has yet to be a FF7R PC announcement.

Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely confused why Sony would pay to screw over PC players, when the game launched on Xbox as well. MHW wasn't a PS exclusive

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not surprised about them moneyhatting to delay the pc announcement/release, but blocking cross-play and cross-save is pretty scummy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
unknown.png

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I hate this shit and sony sucks for doing it so often. Even still if they had an exclusive window don't block cross saves and cross play. That's extra scummy.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So the chance of cross-play/save is higher for Rise considering Nintendo has zero issue with it. Regardless thats fucking lame and damn Capcom straight lied with their MH devs needing more time because its their first PC game or whatever wack shit that was.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
If true why would Sony care about pc but not care about Xbox?

Why was the pc version so behind on content when it launched?

Status
Not open for further replies.