• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 37092

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 31, 2017
hopefully the difficulty is akin to the first Nioh Alpha..the Betas and the final release were severely toned down in difficulty and enemy placement. this time i want the original developer vision and not some player feedback version

My Man.

The alpha felt like a dream game.Punitive,unforgivable and technical like no other.

Then I had to play a super dumbed down version after release,I'm still disturbed.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing Nioh for the first time now. Holy balls it is hard. I played all three Dark Souls games but this is pretty different despite having very similar ideas and mechanics.

I WILL ENDURE

My Man.

The alpha felt like a dream game.Punitive,unforgivable and technical like no other.

Then I had to play a super dumbed down version after release,I'm still disturbed.
How much different did the final version with the alpha build?
I only experienced the beta and final release, so I'm a bit curious about the alpha version since I heard the gameplay was more punishing.

Deleted member 37092

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 31, 2017
I only experienced the beta and final release, so I'm a bit curious about the alpha version since I heard the gameplay was more punishing.

Without talking from an output damage standpoint...the annoying thing is that they changed the positioning of the enemies and even lowered the aggressiveness of them giving the game the bad feeling of being more stupid than the demo in general.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game is shorter and more focused. The first felt like it was long just to be long.

There should also be a lot less loot.

Can't wait to dig into that amazing combat system again. Dat Ki Pulse goodness.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Can't wait to use sloth and throw bombs! Hope pc is day 1 release and not a timed exclusive.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember, there were way more ennemies to deal with and they would follow through the entire level. Shortcuts were way more important as a result, whereas most of them don't really matter in the final game.

There was also weapon durability, which was whatever.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I liked Nioh, but at this point in time I see the series as a blockade to the next Ninja Gaiden. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Nioh 2, but only as a stop gap filler to learn from and make a better Ninja Gaiden game.

Itagaki is probably under a poker table with 3 empty whiskey bottles unconscious right now.

Rckstar

Oct 29, 2017
Hope we will get some footage soon. Put in 200+ Hours into the first one.

They should remove the Story tho... And tone down the Human bosses...

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
That's all I really need. As far as action RPGs go, Nioh's combat is still king.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Good to hear. Nioh 1 was pretty awesome, so if they're able to give me better enemy variety then I think we're in for a hell of a treat.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. Better enemy variation alone, will take the sequel up a notch.

hopefully the difficulty is akin to the first Nioh Alpha..the Betas and the final release were severely toned down in difficulty and enemy placement. this time i want the original developer vision and not some player feedback version

Something I hope for too

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro + Tales of Tsushima + Nioh 2 is more than my samurai-lovin' heart can handle.
It's going to be a great year if all 3 come out in 2019.
banderas.png

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
No long alpha test this time please, listening to feedback is great, but i feel like some of the changes they made due to feedback hurt the game & they drifted from their original vision.

Oct 27, 2017
Chill with the endless loot + improve the level design/enemy variety/atmosphere, and they could have a gem on their hands. I wanted to like NioH more because the combat is great, but I bounced off after like 4 levels or so.

Nov 9, 2017
Nioh 2 needs to seriously revamp the inventory and loot system. Its the reason I never finished the game, too many headaches trying to organize everything.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope mission/map design will be improved by adding more variety. Nioh1 had pretty samey locations and got pretty boring and a drag later on. More enemy variety wouldn't hurt either.